It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Iran and Israel: 'As President of the United States, I Don't Bluff'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Just read this article, and its really intresting. Obama finally said "
news.yahoo.com...

"I think that the Israeli government recognizes that, as president of the United States, I don't bluff." He went on, "I also don't, as a matter of sound policy, go around advertising exactly what our intentions are. But I think both the Iranian and the Israeli governments recognize that when the United States says it is unacceptable for Iran to have a nuclear weapon, we mean what we say."

Obama will argue that under his leadership, the United States "has Israel's back," and that he will order the U.S. military to destroy Iran's nuclear program if economic sanctions fail to compel Tehran to shelve its nuclear ambitions.

Obama stepping his game up and if sanctions dont work, Obama will call in the U.S. Military, seems like US wants the war now.
edit on 2-3-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
he may not bluff, but he sure as hell lies a lot.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Sanctions are the precursor to war.

If Obama, Israel and the warmongers had the goods on Iran, then they would have already invaded. But they don't! So they must begin with sanctions, build-up the rhetoric/propaganda with the people and then invade when public opinion supports action.

If he has to tell us that he doesn't bluff.....it means he probably would.

I hope we never have to find out.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

"Yes we can"?

Reverse the audio of that and it comes out "thank you Satan".

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Doesn't matter if Iran has nukes. Having nukes is like being the big kid on the block with the best toys and video games that money can buy, but being unable to play with them.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Though he struck a consistently pro-Israel posture during the interview, Obama went to great lengths to caution Israel that a premature strike might inadvertently help Iran: "At a time when there is not a lot of sympathy for Iran and its only real ally, [Syria,] is on the ropes, do we want a distraction in which suddenly Iran can portray itself as a victim?"

Seems like Obama wants to keep the "victim" card in Israeli hands.

Business as usual.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Actually it doesn't say anything of that nature! Have you tried saying "yes we can" in a studio your self and have the engineer. Reverse the audio? Or did you watch that "you tube" video? You my friend is the definition of a "sheep". Watching you tube videos and assuming what's portrayed is accurate as the same as watching news propoganda and assuming its true.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This BS is meant to calm Israel for BiBi's visit not bash Iran. Obama will hang Israel out to dry and they will have to go it alone. Mark my words.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
This BS is meant to calm Israel for BiBi's visit not bash Iran. Obama will hang Israel out to dry and they will have to go it alone. Mark my words.

I will Mark your words.

I hope it happens as such, pre-empted by Israel, Retalliated by Iran, Problem solved, no more Israel.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RedRebel5

Actually I jus did exactly that, and believe it or not it actually does sound like "thank you Satan"... Have YOU tried this yourself?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

"Yes we can"?

Reverse the audio of that and it comes out "thank you Satan".

hahaha now thats funny

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Doesn't matter if Iran has nukes. Having nukes is like being the big kid on the block with the best toys and video games that money can buy, but being unable to play with them.

Yes but with the belief system of the powers that be in Iran they will no doubt use them . I mean any government that would march their own children thru mine fields to make way for their troops to fight the Iraqis , would have no problems setting off a nuke in another land or say port across the ocean.

Seriously they have a fountain that runs red like blood for remembrance of that war , sick. The people of Iran are the only ones that are suffering as it always is with these despotic rulers. I do not believe we should be the world police but I certainly believe Iran should not be allowed to enrich uranium. They are just to unstable at the decision making levels .

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a war scenario will get stronger as time progress, lets see if the war will actual happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

ohh trust me , Iran is a very crazy kid, they will play with toys, even if this toys are hazardous for choking or killing. lol

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Interesting words from Obama...

But i think that the words will matter will be those spilled by Obama AND Netanyahu at AIPAC, on March 4th.

Up until then, we can't really say that Obama is actually weightening the military option more than sanctions option...Not that it matters, since Obama will just tell (the truth or lie) what his masters told him to

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Oh please, even if Iran was trying to obtain nuclear weapons(which they are not) this idea that as soon as they get one they will attack Israel and in turn be destroyed not long after is completely absurd and based on fantasy, not reality. Just like every other country it would be used as a deterrence. Oh and if you want to talk about hurting the Iranian people, bear in mind that the nuclear power project is extremely popular in Iran, sanctions being placed against them by the west is what hurts the average Iranian, never the people in power, just like half a million children that died in Iraq as a result of sanctions.

Iran has every right to nuclear power and the benefits it brings to a country.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What an ego on this guy.

Why does every statement, speech or comment he makes reek of arrogance? For someone who has never seen combat outside of an academic setting, he sure does alot of chest thumping.

I bet if he was put in the same room with Ahme, Ahmedid, Ahmedidijh ...Irans leader. He would act like they were old pals and try to placate to him in some fasion.

You're not tough Obama, and having our boys and girls in uniform at your disposal should not be taken lightly.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

He went on, "I also don't, as a matter of sound policy, go around advertising exactly what our intentions are.

That's a load of BS.
Gestetner Updates

Last week, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta leaked to the Washington Post that “there is a strong likelihood that Israel will strike Iran in April, May or June – before Iran enters what Israel described as a ‘zone of immunity’ to commence building a nuclear bomb.” Now, the only reason to leak that information is to stop the attack. In June 2010, the Administration leaked a secret deal between the Saudis and the Israelis that would have given Israel access to Saudi airspace for the strike.

Obamas administration is full of planned 'leaks' of what our 'allies' plans are ...
But of course, Obama has been very clear that he hates Israel.

New York Times
Obama Snubs Netanyahu at the White House

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There is another interesting aspect to this "I dont bluff" comment that is not being discussed and so, I will offer it to provide some food for thought.

By Obama declaring such a statement, it reveals to me the possibility that Obama wants Israel to bite off more than Israel can chew and then when the USA is needed, this is when Obama will say, what he wants first before he gets around to supporting Israel in any act of helping to save or protect Israel.

Many would describe this as a squeeze play or a game of double jeopardy for Obama and Israel.

Obama may feel that the only way to get Israel to do anything wanted by the Obama administration is to create a scenario that says we have the back of Israel, but only if........or whatever Obama asks for in secret as a price for help..

When Israel fully realizes it cannot start a world war and hope to come out alive without some super power support or that it can go it alone without the help of the USA is when Obama will list his demands for saving Israel, but with conditions.

If the Middle East erupts, many will see Israel as a needed target and that is when Israel will ask for critical support from Obama if not sooner.

What is not discussed enough I feel, is the aspect that Obama, in my opinion, wants Israel to be between a rock and hard spot, so that Obama can finally talk down to Netanyahu, as if he has the upper hand in the matter.

I just think that Obama is playing serious and deadly political games with the nation and he is moving the USA into a position that allows Obama some leverage in the matter so when the day comes and Israel comes begging for help to keep the State of Israel alive.

That is when I suspect, Obama will take off his hope and change mask and place Israel in even more danger by demanding something not yet known to the average citizen or Israel elected officials.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

But of course, Obama has been very clear that he hates Israel.

So? What if he does?

If he had snubbed someone that you dislike then it wouldn't be an issue. But since Republicans and Neocons pays lip-service to Israel like good little lapdogs, everyone else must follow suit?

Most people don't even know why we are supposedly so tight with Israel...they just follow along because they are afraid to look antisemitic.

ETA: If all Obama has to do is leak a little info to keep us out of another war....I'm ok with that. I'd rather Israel get a little pissed then for my brothers to go to the Middle East to die!

edit on 2-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join