It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem- the whore of Babylon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalWow, if dewey reads that he'll go ballistic.

Um, when does dewey NOT go ballistic?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The whore is an evil empire, which was both of this world, and another, from whom the kings and queen's of the earth got power, but relative to who's smoking ruins, they recoil in horror.

Babylon has fallen!

I heard the roar, the cheer, the groan, and the proclamation, I heard it. It's happened.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Um, when does dewey NOT go ballistic?
I don't go ballistic to support a cult.
If anything, I am against cultish beliefs, of any kind.
I no longer support a futurist view of Revelation and am instead taking a Preterist position that everything John saw that he wrote about happened in his lifetime.
The whore in that sort of scheme would be what was going on at the time Revelation was written, which was people perverting the freedom from the Old Testament Law, into liberty to "sin all you want".

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So you're implying that John was a false prophet?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by POPUP2000

Did you read the quotes in green and orange in the OP? They demonstrate some of the many parallels between Jerusalem and Babylon.

Here's a little tutoring on prophetic language.

Babylon=another way to God, ungodly religion, religion involved in getting back to God on man;s terms not God's terms.

Tower of Bab'El= Bab'El means "Gateway to God" or another way to God.

Egypt=Babylon. Egypt has similar meaning in prophetic language as Babylon.

Mountains/hills= nations or great cities/capitols/governments

City that sits on 7 hills or mountains=Great city or Capitol given power or authority over a league of 7 great nations.

Winds=wars
Trees=individual people
Seas/rivers=multitudes of people
Beasts=Empires
Women=religions, so Whore of Babylon=religion representing another way to God other than the official one he sanctions, Woman that hopped in the sack and began fornicating with paganism the minute her husband turned his back.
Locusts= godly doctrines that plague the unrighteous and trouble them
Woman with wings of an eagle= religion of purity, of God, faithful to her husband and master (Yeshua)
Woman with wings of a stork= religion that is impure, of Satan, unfaithful to her husband/master (Yeshua)

Take Revelation 14:4

These are they which were NOT DEFILED WITH WOMEN; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb

Not defiled with WOMEN for they are VIRGINS, does not mean they are men who have never had sex with women and are virgin.

It means men who have never been defiled by ungodly religions, they remain untainted and true to the Lamb of God. They are the firstfruits, they have been glorified by God and given bodies like the angels. They are the first to be changed from men into Sons of God after Yeshua.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

the mystery religions all began in Nimrod's Babylon and deal with him, Tammuz and his mother.

Father, Mother and Son worship. Who do we know does that? Well, the Vatican's statue of St. Peter has 2 faces on it, just like...Janus the pagan 2 faced god of ancient rome. They pray to the "Queen of Heaven" they call "Mary" but who is really Semiramis when you boil it down to who she really is.

Every pagan religion has a trinity based on Father, Mother and Son worship.

Take ancient Egyptian, we have Isis, Horus and Seth,
Zues, Hera, Heracles

The "Whore of Babylon" can also represent the babylonian goddess Ishtar who had sex with many men but refused to marry, she was a whore in every sense of the word and those males she did have sex with usually ended up having unfortunate accidents.

Every pagan trinity of Father, Mother and Son worship follows its roots all the way back to the original Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz (Tammuz=reincarnated Nimrod). Nimrod is the sun-god and Semiramis the moongod.

The star and crescent moon symbol of Islam traces it's roots all the way back to Nimrod and Semiramis, the sun-god/goddess and moongod/goddess and the sex of the sun and moongods were interchangeable.

You can even find the star and crescent moon on the second youngest cardinal's coat of arms, in line of succession to Pope Benedict the 16th.

So the Whore of Babylon can only be the R.C.C., she cannot be Islam because Islam was pagan from the very beginning and still is, nor can she be Jerusalem even though she exhibits some characteristics. Israel's Jerusalem was never an Empire in command of 7 nations, but Rome was.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I posted the same correlations in a thread from a few days ago

I'd like to add something to ponder for those that believe in Biblical Authenticity, what city sits on 7 hills? If you answered Jerusalem you'd be correct. Think about it, Rev says the Beast Capital sits on 7 hills, the 2 witnesses are killed by the Beast and bodies laid in the Streets of spiritual Sodom and Egypt where Messiah was impaled. Well where was He impaled? Jerusalem. Where do the Zionists wish to make the Capital of the World? Jerusalem, Rome is just the deception along with the Papacy to think it's the Pope and Rome. The Zionists wish to set up a World order ruled by the Jew with the building of the 3rd Temple but in order to do that the Dome must be destroyed.

Do some study on Temple Priest Garments, they are adorned in the same manner, in fact Rome and the Vatican gets much of there stuff from Jerusalem. What has infected the most? Talmud, Talmud is the basis for why Non-Jews in any faith are barred from keeping the Saturday Sabbath the very same Sabbath all the Apostles held and were instructing ALL the new converts to do and those in the Pharisees and Saducees hated that and inquired Rome to help stop the movement. Hence Constantine adopting Christianity minus all the Torah instructions that ALL the Apostles even Paul were promoting Goyim to follow and instead all the Paganistic practices Christians have today. Wouldn't you say that has? So Rome is NOT the Harlot but have been set up to be the Harlot when the Talmudic Jews despised the movement of the Essenes/Natsarims.

In Scripture a woman ALWAYS represents a Spiritual institution, would not spreading the False teaching that Goyim are forbidden from adopting Torah an abomination considering the Messiah and Apostles proclaimed there was 1 Law for all Jew or Greek(Goyim)? That philosophy is what spawned the Christianity we see today and NONE of them follow the Messiah and His instructions. The Temple has all it's GOLD furnished to place in the Temple when it's built. Count the Cardinals, are there not 70? DO they not were Yamaka style hats on the heads like Jews? Do they not have a 'Temple' in the Vatican? The Vatican is merely the 'continuation' of the Order till Jerusalem is established World Capital.

Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Mat 23:37 “Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her!(Blood of the Saints and Martyrs, think also read Acts 6&7of Stephen, who ordered him stoned? The High Priests and Stephens Testimony before them gives clear indication of this verse here from Mathew meaning it's Jerusalem not Rome with the blood of the Saints and Martyrs and also why John would marvel at her.) How often I wished to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, but you would not!

A little factoid: When the remaining Jews in exile from Babylon returned the 25% that left they in that time adopted Babylonian culture and ways of life, why do you think we get phrase 'Babylonian Talmud'. In essence this new order in Jerusalem was continuing on as 'Babylon' in the Spiritual sense and the Assyrians, Greeks, and Romans continued in the Beast form till 1 day reemerging as 1 unit which they are currently working on right now.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

10 Kings such as Rothschilds, Buffet, Rockefellar ect. who in fact control most of the Globe and through the US, EU, UN are using these entities THEY helped to create to create the New Order who also happen to be Zionists. Is that coincidence? You may think so I do not.

Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Do not the Zionists control many nations, many people with many tongues? These very Zionists are directly related to Jerusalem not Rome. Rome is but the Puppet of these people. The Illuminati are a Puppet creation of a hidden boogeyman when the real one hides in plain sight. These are my opinions, and I COULD be wrong as I'm just a man and there COULD be things I'm missing but based on what I know at this moment this is what I feel which is why my quest for knowledge is on going. Shalom :

Continued:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think you missed the part where the same prophetic langauge is used for BOTH Jerusalem and Babylon. For starters, compare Matthew 23:35 and 18:24.

Now, thats Jesus accusing Jerusalem of having the blood of the prophets. And later on, Babylon... the whore is also accused of the same. This is just one of the many similarities between Jerusalem and the whore.
Why do you disregard Jesus' words and promote your own interpretation.

Egypt=Babylon. Egypt has similar meaning in prophetic language as Babylon.

Very well. I'll play along.

Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
-Revelations 11:8

Jerusalem is "figuratively" called Egypt (and Sodom) ... which you say is Babylon.
So either way, it confirms the claim of the OP.

Now dont tell me that even that is supposed to be symbolic in your understanding of "prophetic" language.

edit on 2-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'd like to make a correction so my facts are straight when I say 70 Jewish priests that's for Sanhedrin with a 'leader' called a Nasi(hmm) making it 71. The Vatican through Pope Sixtus V limited the number of cardinals to 70 cardinals with the Pope being the Vatican equivalent of a 'Nasi' figure as in Sanhedrin making it 71 but Popes began exceeding that limit with Pope John XXIII now they commonly use 120(maybe to avert suspicion of blatant similarities?) Sanhedrin is the court system in Judaism. Note the Dissolution of Sanhedrin in 358 and the Declaration of Christianity as the State religion of Rome in 380 and Constantine Legalizing Christianity in 313. Maybe a working together taking place? All 3 are very close in time of happening, maybe not by todays standards but Ancient times yes. Sanhedrin Cardinals

All this comes from this thread my first response is on page 1 and then 2nd on page 2

Is the Talmud Evil?

It took me a long time to shake the whole 'Rome is the Whore' indoctrination I received but once you begin to do Independent study you'll see the Whore is none other than Jerusalem with the Zionists Jews looking to make a World Empire centered around Jerusalem with them in control, Rome and the Pope are just the Patsy's to avert attention off them. The typical blame game, magic trick of look at this hand while I trick you using this hand....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Hey man i'm trying to help out but ok whatever. Get an attitude with me.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mosheh24

The idea that "Rome is Babylon" has no biblical validity.
Those who propagate this idea usually fail to notice that it is Jerusalem and NOT Rome that was accused of having the blood of the prophets.

Despite the numerous scriptural proofs in the bible connecting Jerusalem to Babylon, some christians have already made their conclusions....and re-interpret scripture to suit it.
In their view, Jerusalem has to be divinely protected.... Rome has to be the whore. Doesn't matter whats there in the bible...they decide to interpret it as "symbolic".

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The idea that "Rome is Babylon" has no biblical validity.
Those who propagate this idea usually fail to notice that it is Jerusalem and NOT Rome that was accused of having the blood of the prophets.

Despite the numerous scriptural proofs in the bible connecting Jerusalem to Babylon, some christians have already made their conclusions....and re-interpret scripture to suit it.
In their view, Jerusalem has to be divinely protected.... Rome has to be the whore. Doesn't matter whats there in the bible...they decide to interpret it as "symbolic".

Exactly! How can Jerusalem be Babylon it's the Holy City? That's the common question that is asked, they think it's unimaginable that Jerusalem could be it BUT Biblically it is and has been. Since the days of Solomon Jerusalem has been filled with lots of bad deeds and never fulfilled it's promises it has made to YHWH.

Symbolism can only go so far, Mathew 23:31-39 clearly indicate what Jerusalem was and is and will be guilty for and Rev 17:3-6 only confirm just who the whore really is. Rome has NEVER Scripturally been ascribed to holding the Blood of the Saints and Martyrs on it's head, but Jerusalem has in several instances.

Mat 23:37 “Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim, killing the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her! How often I wished to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, but you would not!

Rev 17:4 And the woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup filled with abominations and the filthiness of her whoring,
Rev 17:5 and upon her forehead a name written, a secret: BAḆEL THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE WHORES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the set-apart ones, and with the blood of the witnesses of יהושע. And having seen her, I marvelled – greatly marvelled!

Saints and Prophets are one and the same. That's why John Marvelled because he himself couldn't believe his eyes just as most Christians can't fathom the Holy City being the Whore. When the Temple is Restored and Rebuilt with all it's Gold and precious metals and the Priests purple and scarlet robes maybe then they will make the connection. They are ready, the Sanhedrin is set, the Priests are picked out all that's left is the removal of the Dome then they can build. If they use Babylonian Talmud like they are planning which goes against Torah it will truly be an Abomination to the Temple.....

edit on 2-3-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

So you're implying that John was a false prophet?

I'm not calling John a cultist.
I'm saying that cults create interpretations of Revelation.
Cult members suck it up as if it was truth.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Exactly! How can Jerusalem be Babylon it's the Holy City? That's the common question that is asked, they think it's unimaginable that Jerusalem could be it BUT Biblically it is and has been.

Its only "unimaginable" for people who don't go by the words of the bible, the idea that Jerusalem = Babylon is right there in plain letters. These people instead operate under the ideas and interpretations gathered from popular bible "scholars". Certain interpretations of scripture have pretty much been canonized as "official". So much so that they believe it as if its there in the bible.

Luckily, a simple read of the Bible is all it takes to refute these peculiar ideas.

edit on 3-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So the Whore of Babylon can only be the R.C.C

First, understand that the whores greatest sin was being drunk with the blood of the holy people and prophets.

Second, realize that Jesus called out Jerusalem by name TWICE, when he said “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you".

See the connection?
I'm not making this up, pal. Its right there in the bible.

I'm not saying this to defend Rome or anything....but the idea that Rome is the whore has ZERO biblical support...whereas scripture explicitly shows that Jerusalem is the whore.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Like I mentioned earlier, the "whore" is NOT whatever one imagines it to be.... especially since the bible itself provides the answer. From what we find, the same kind of language is used to describe both Jerusalem and Babylon. So, one can logically deduce that Jerusalem is the whore.

If christians, refuse to go by the bible, and resort to fanciful interpretations.... then someone give me one good reason as to why non-christians like myself should go by bible verses to frame my arguments?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Going by the Bible, we see that its Jerusalem and not Rome, that is charged with the blood of the prophets. This is the biggest sin of the whore of Babylon. Compare Matthew 23:35 with Revelations 18:24.

Rome is only interpreted to be the whore of Babylon.... its only conjecture.

I think the meaning is that Rome is the true Seat of Power, but that power is applied some place else. There are other factions at play here too, it is not just one group that wishes to own and run the world. Israel is probably the most terrorist state in the world, and it runs ops all over the world, including the United States. You have to put two and two together; The State of Israel was made, and put into place by Mayor Rothschild and his Banking Cartel minions.
Then Nuclear Capability was secretly brought in, and built in hardened bunkers so Israel now has a lot of missiles on hand. One Source.
Another source:

Since the 1960s, Israel has developed the region's most advanced missile manufacturing base and now deploys the region's most advanced ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and missile defense systems. [17] Israel's early missile program developments benefited from French and later South African collaboration. [18] Israel also possesses a national space program that has previously shared technology with its missile program. The wide variety of aerial threats posed by numerous adversaries, both state and non-state, has motivated Israel to develop a layered and multi-faceted approach to both offensive and defensive missile technology acquisition. While Israel is not a member of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), it abides by its guidelines.
source
This is why I do not understand why America is inclined to fully, and quite blindly, offer unlimited support, not to mention several billion dollars of taxpayers money each year. And TPTB are saying Iran is a threat to the region. Baloney is what I say. America is complicit in this, using her vast military power.
In a recent article in Asia Times, investigative reporter Nick Turse calls the answer to that question, “…the one number no American knows. Not the president. Not the Pentagon. Not the experts. No one.”

You can’t get a consistent answer from news stories, that’s for sure. Recent articles, media reports and op-eds peg the number variously at 460, 507, 560, 662 and more than 1,000. Depending on whom you ask or what source you consult, writes Turse:

“there are more than 1,000 US military bases dotting the globe. To be specific, the most accurate count is 1,077. Unless it’s 1,088. Or, if you count differently, 1,169. Or even 1,180. Actually, the number might even be higher. Nobody knows for sure.”

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

My source is the bible.
And it explicitly teaches that it Jerusalem.
Sure, it could be allied with other world powers, but if we are talking about the "whore of Babylon" in revelations.... then it is Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

My source is the bible.
And it explicitly teaches that it Jerusalem.
Sure, it could be allied with other world powers, but if we are talking about the "whore of Babylon" in revelations.... then it is Jerusalem.

No it isn't and most people have corrected you in this thread. "Whore" or "prostitute" or "fornication" when not speaking of a specific flesh and blood woman is figuratively speaking about false religion/false worship. Idolatry is always referred to as "fornication" (spiritual).

There are only two "women" in a figurative sense in Revelation. You have the widow who gives birth to the man-child (Jesus), and the whore of Babylon, who says specifically "Im NOT a widow." There are only two women contrasted in Revelation.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No it isn't and most people have corrected you in this thread.

Wrong. People posting there personal fanciful interpretations of scripture does not amount to correcting me.

Its funny that I'm the only one going by whats in the bible here.

Turn to revelations 17:18 which deals with the "whore"...or the "woman" of revelations 17
And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Earlier in the same chapter, the "whore" or "city" is depicted as being drunk with the blood of the holy people/saints.

And going by the bible, knows that only ONE city in all of the bible is accused of the same thing....and that is Jerusalem....as shown in Matthew 23:35.

Also, pay attention to the fact that the same language is used to describe BOTH the whore and Jerusalem.
Isaiah 47:7 / Revelation 18:7
Jeremiah 4:30-31 / Revelation 17:4

So....give your personal interpretations a rest and stick with whats in the bible on this one.

Ever noticed how Revelations 17 ends with the whore getting destroyed...and the next chapter is dedicated to describing the fall of Babylon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join