It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem- the whore of Babylon?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

So how is is a "distraction" to bring up that there are only two metaphorical women mentioned in the ENTIRE book of Revelation?

Its a distraction, because I am only talking about the woman which is drunk with the blood of the holy.... which is also the city that has the blood of the holy people... i.e - Jerusalem.

The other woman that brings the man-child has nothing to do with the OP.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

So how is is a "distraction" to bring up that there are only two metaphorical women mentioned in the ENTIRE book of Revelation?

Its a distraction, because I am only talking about the woman which is drunk with the blood of the holy.... which is also the city that has the blood of the holy people... i.e - Jerusalem.

Ah, as well as "mystery Babylon". What about the fact that Babylon will be destroyed never to be inhabited again and it's bricks never used again, yet Jerusalem is to be redeemed from the hand of the antichrist and Christ will rule there fulfilling the Davidic covenant for 1,000 years? Which Jerusalem was murdering saints and making martyrs of Jesus Christ when it sat in ruins for over 1,900 years?

How can you have BOTH? Completely destroyed, and blessed and the Messiah rules from there in truth and righteousness??

The other woman that brings the man-child has nothing to do with the OP.

Sure it does. There are only two metaphorical women in Revelation, Jerusalem/Israel cannot be both of them.

edit on 5-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What? Now you are saying Revelation is metaphorical?

No, I said the "women" were. Metaphorical women.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Sure it does. There are only two metaphorical women in Revelation, Jerusalem/Israel cannot be both of them.

Only the woman in Revelation 17 is Jerusalem because she is accused of the same thing as Jerusalem.... which is having the blood of the holy people.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Only the woman in Revelation 17 is Jerusalem because she is accused of the same thing as Jerusalem.... which is having the blood of the holy people.

Here:

What about the fact that Babylon will be destroyed never to be inhabited again and it's bricks never used again, yet Jerusalem is to be redeemed from the hand of the antichrist and Christ will rule there fulfilling the Davidic covenant for 1,000 years? Which Jerusalem was murdering saints and making martyrs of Jesus Christ when it sat in ruins for over 1,900 years?

How can you have BOTH? Completely destroyed, and blessed and the Messiah rules from there in truth and righteousness??

edit on 5-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ever heard of the "new" Jerusalem in Revelations?
Why have a "new" Jerusalem, when you have the current Jerusalem?

Or do you expect BOTH the "new" Jerusalem and the current Jerusalem?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Ever heard of the "new" Jerusalem in Revelations?
Why have a "new" Jerusalem, when you have the current Jerusalem?

Or do you expect BOTH the "new" Jerusalem and the current Jerusalem?

The "New Jerusalem" is coming from heaven, and does so after the millennium, and after the Great White Throne Judgment of Christ. Christ's reign from the throne of David IS the millennial kingdom. Gabriel promised Mary her Son would rule from the throne of David, fulfilling the Davidic Covenant. And that throne wasn't existent at the time Gabriel made that promise to Mary.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The Roman Catholic Church and Islam will most likely have a huge part to do with this. If these 2 are the 2 Beasts then they have begun to merge into the newly rising cult merging Catholicism with Islam called Chrislam. The 2 Beasts are merging.

Lonewolf, would you care to elaborate on this? I had never heard of "Chrislam" before your quoted post. I did find, some years back, the website of some fellow from Gibraltar who proposed some kind of greater bible which included the Quran. I moved on and never looked back at that. I also recall reading somewhere that Islam was a creation of the RCC, to undermine the Eastern Churches.

Chrislam is a new cult that has arisen over these last few years. Roman Catholics are trying to merge Christendom with Islam and they call it Chrislam. Chrislam marries concepts from catholicism and Islam such has Queen of Heaven worship, praying for the sins of the dead, excorsicing demons, prostrating themselves at prayers, going to hajj, using magical rosary beads to pray with, all that kind of stuff. You can find stuff about it on youtube that goes into more detail.

I'm pretty sure Islam is a creation of the R.C.C. and if you know where to look you can find the answers.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

For those on this thread who put Jerusalem up on a pedestal, well, God does not.

We don't put Jerusalem on a pedestal. I don't think there's anyone here who is a gentile that is under any illusion that Jersualem is or ever was innocent. Indeed that city is not. What we have is disagreements on the nature of the Whore of Babylon and it's identity.

To be able to figure out who the Whore of Babylon is, you need to understand prophetic language. Prophetic language is not taken as literal meaning for words.

The prophet Daniel gives you the keys to unlocking prophecy in his book.

Beasts=Empires
Winds=Wars
Seas/Rivers=Multitudes of peoples
Trees=indivudial people
Women=religions
Babylon=another way to God, putting man before God
Egypt=Babylon in many cases or paganism and hedonism
Mountains/Hills=Nations or Kingdoms

And so on. Using this cipher you can figure out who the Whore of Babylon is.

The Whore, is a Woman and she is of Babylon, when she sits on 7 Hills (or Mountains) it means she is this religion of paganism, this other way to God or system that is embedded in and commands 7 nations or kingdoms.

Jerusalem has never been in command of 7 nations, Jerusalem was in charge of Judea. In 740-725 B.C. the Assyrian Empire invaded and exiled the northern tribes of Israelites because 10 tribes broke away from Judah and Benjamin over Solomon's major increase in taxes for building the Temple and they established their own capitol in Samaria. Israel was never an Empire.

The Whore that rides the Beast and sits on 7 hills=The religious system that rides upon the Empire (7 nation league or union). This eliminates Jerusalem from the list of cities that sit on "7 hills".

Prophetic language is not literal language, if you try to apply literal meanings to the words in prophetic language you're going to miss the meaning and be way off.

You will be thinking that the 144k that have the seal of God on their foreheads and are saved because they were never defiled by a woman and were virgins, means that the 144k never had sex with woman and were virgin and this is not what that scripture means.

The bible was written by prophets and when you read it you need to always be thinking about that in the back of your mind. Once you know the prophetic cipher all the prophecies will open up before your eyes.
edit on 5-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Whore, is a Woman and she is of Babylon, when she sits on 7 Hills (or Mountains) it means she is this religion of paganism, this other way to God or system that is embedded in and commands 7 nations or kingdoms.

That's "Mystery Babylon" brother, she deceived the entire world. But also the literal one is awaiting to be destroyed in the manner the Bible says it will. To "never" be inhabited again, and it's bricks "never" to be used again.

The Babylonian religion of Nimrod is the "MOTHER OF ALL HARLOTS" that Revelation speaks about. "Mystery Babylon".

edit on 6-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

That's "Mystery Babylon" brother, she deceived the entire world. But also the literal one is awaiting to be destroyed in the manner the Bible says it will. To "never" be inhabited again, and it's bricks "never" to be used again.

This made me think about Damascus, which leads me back to Islam. Its ironic man, how every prophet in the bible from old and new testaments is pointing the finger at Islam.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

This made me think about Damascus, which leads me back to Islam. Its ironic man, how every prophet in the bible from old and new testaments is pointing the finger at Islam.

"Beast that rises up from the sea", is talking about the "Great Sea", the Mediterranean Sea. Iran, Iarq, and Labanon with be the ac's stronghold, at the mid-point of the 70th week of Daniel he'll come and take over Jerusalem and be based from there.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Check out Ezekiel chapters 25-29, all those prophecies that begin with "Son of Man prophecy against....." These are future events that haven't come to pass yet as the Son of Man is Jesus.

Then take a look at Ezekiel ch. 38-39 about Gog. End times prophecies detailing a literal blow by blow battle against Christ's enemies and i'll bet you there will be a specific order in which they fall, but i haven't figured that pattern out yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

...all those prophecies that begin with "Son of Man prophecy against....." These are future events that haven't come to pass yet as the Son of Man is Jesus.

Did you miss that Ezekiel is the only Biblical character, besides Jesus, to be called "Son of Man"? See Ezekiel 12:17-18 - "me" that's Ezekiel. Those prophecies may not be so future.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

...all those prophecies that begin with "Son of Man prophecy against....." These are future events that haven't come to pass yet as the Son of Man is Jesus.

Did you miss that Ezekiel is the only Biblical character, besides Jesus, to be called "Son of Man"? See Ezekiel 12:17-18 - "me" that's Ezekiel. Those prophecies may not be so future.

The Old Testament was a foreshadowing of the future. That stuff is going to happen again because that is what the whole deal with Gog and Magog is about. What "religion" owns 99% of the ME? Where is Tyre located? Sidon? Dedan? Demascus? Heliopolis? Who has divided up the Messiah's land? Who owns 75% of ancient Israel? Jordan does. Who seeks to destroy Israel? Islam is being set up by God to get destroyed so he can prove to the jews that he still exists and that he is still in control, which is the entire point of the Gog and Magog war.

They are playing right into his hands and doing exactly what he wants and the more they try to resist and the more they seek to crush Israel the faster it comes to fruition. There will be no escape for them.
edit on 7-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

What "religion" owns 99% of the ME? Where is Tyre located? Sidon? Dedan? Demascus? Heliopolis?

Oh, oh, oh, oh, me, me, me!!!

The answer is, umm: Western Europe?

edit on 8-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yeah, but in Hebrew "son of man" just means "son of Adam".

Adam = man in Hebrew.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Islam is being set up by God to get destroyed so he can prove to the jews that he still exists and that he is still in control,

You speak as if you know whats on Gods mind.
You better hope you are correct because the punishment for speaking on behalf of God presumptuously is severe.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Islam is being set up by God to get destroyed so he can prove to the jews that he still exists and that he is still in control,

You speak as if you believe God has the technology to create us and the known universe via a simple spoken sentence, but doesn't have the technology available to get a message system across to us. He does have that technology..

What Lonewolf said is correct, read Ezekiel chapter 36. Specifically at verses 16 and on, but the first part of the chapter is necessary for contextual reasons. God said He would regather them from the nations in which He had scattered them in His wrath and judgment. (He did, 1948) And God specifically says He's going to regather and redeem them NOT because of their goodness or faithfulness, but to defend His good name that the Jews profaned to the nations.

edit on 8-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You better hope you are correct because the punishment for speaking on behalf of God presumptuously is severe.

What do you think the bible is for? It's his instruction manual on what he is going to do, he is warning people in advance so they will not be on the wrong side when he comes rolling through. The bible is his key to man's salvation so they do not get trampled by him in his wrath.

Seems foolish to me to not heed his warning. All i am doing is repeating his message. Go read Ezekiel yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join