It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem- the whore of Babylon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Those who are willing to make an honest assessment of prophetic scripture will find that the mysterious city of "Babylon" in Revelations can be identified as none other than Jerusalem.

Consider these parallels between Jerusalem and Babylon, symbolized as the "whore" in Revelations 17.

Case study 1. The blood of the saints
Jerusalem:
That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. -Matthew 23:35

Babylon:
And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth. -Revelations 18:24

Case study 2. Boasting followed by sudden destruction
Jerusalem
You said, ‘I will continue forever— the eternal queen! ’ But you did not consider these things or reflect on what mighthappen. 8 “Now then, listen, you wanton creature, lounging in your security and saying to yourself, ‘I am, and there is none besides me. I will never be a widow or suffer the loss of children.’ Both of these will overtake you in a moment, on a single day: loss of children and widowhood.
-Isaiah 47:7

Babylon
How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. -Revelation 18:7

Case study 3. Their appearance and destruction
Jerusalem
And you, O desolate one, what will you do? Although you dress in scarlet, Although you decorate yourself with ornaments of gold, Although you enlarge your eyes with paint, In vain you make yourself beautiful; Your lovers despise you; They seek your life. -Jeremiah 4:30-31

Babylon
And the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a gold cup full of abominations and of the unclean things of her immorality – Revelation 17:4

And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. – Revelations 17:16

There you go. Read through the links at the bottom for more. One has to be delusional or ignorantly stubborn to deny these parallels.

If the Bible is correct on this matter, then Jerusalem is indeed Babylon. And if that wasn't bad enough, there is also evidence to show that Jerusalem/Babylon is also closely associated with the beasts kingdom.

The whore,drunk with the blood of God's holy people, is revealed to be a "great city that rules over the kings of the earth.” Also, note that this whore rides a beast, described in the same way as the 1st beast mentioned in revelation 13... with 10 horns and 7 heads.

The time may have come for christians to embrace a reality where modern Jerusalem, of the state of Israel, has been proven to be allied to the "bad guys" of prophecy.

Further reading on the Babylon/Jerusalem connection....
www.bibleprophesy.org...
www.lookup.org...

edit on 2-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I wrote about five different threads on Revelation's Babylon and found her a very complex figure.
I agree that she is partly based on Jerusalem, as the unfaithful version of God's people.
But it could mean that she is a figure like Jerusalem, unfaithful in the same way.
At several points in Revelation and other prophecies, the question arises; are we supposed to look at the geographical location represented by a particular name, or at their position in the world? E.g. "Rome" may not mean the city on the Tiber, but a similarly dominant world-power. Similarly Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Prince Salem ,Prince of peace . The whore is the Roman Empire (vatican).

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by POPUP2000

Did you read the quotes in green and orange in the OP? They demonstrate some of the many parallels between Jerusalem and Babylon.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I agree ,but who controls Jerusalem ? the roman empire never fell.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think it's the US:

yahushua.net...

‘Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot (america) who sits on many waters (seas), with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication (the rest of the world is doing it with her/america), and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication (coca cola/mcdonalds/movies/music/computers/the whole culture?).’” Revelation 17:5 goes on to say, “And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT (statue of liberty?), THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” Who is this “whore of Babylon” and what is “mystery Babylon”? Revelation 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city (New-York), which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Anyways not that I believe 100% for sure the writings but even at young age I thought it was America when reading it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPUP2000

I agree ,but who controls Jerusalem ? the roman empire never fell.

Mussolini granted the Vatican their independent state status, interesting a fascist would do that.
Documents showing he was recruited to Mi5 in 1917
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Going by the Bible, we see that its Jerusalem and not Rome, that is charged with the blood of the prophets. This is the biggest sin of the whore of Babylon. Compare Matthew 23:35 with Revelations 18:24.

Rome is only interpreted to be the whore of Babylon.... its only conjecture.
Whereas, the idea of Jerusalem being the whore is strongly supported by several scriptures....the connection between Jerusalem and the whore is made pretty explicit in scripture.

Refer to the links at the bottom of the OP.
edit on 2-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Good stuff. Another dude in the talmud topic pointed this out to me. Cant believe i didnt see it considering america seems to be israels whipping boy. Aswell as the UN.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Snooki is the modern whore of babylon...

known as the Skank from Jersey Shore

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Vatican Rome is a ritual decoy that will be destroyed at the end of 2012. The "new, improved, holier, and reformed" Catholic church then gets to move to Jerusalem and set up shop there. Simple.

And with the "prophecy" of the last pope, once the new pope that shows up in April 2012 is removed at the end of 2012, people will think they are "starting over" when nothing could be further from the truth.

ETA.
Oh yeah, and Babylon, NYC gets destroyed too.
edit on 2-3-2012 by jcrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

I am framing my argument that Jerusalem = whore of Babylon ....based on actual verses in the bible.

Going by the Bible, we see that its Jerusalem and not Rome, that is charged with the blood of the prophets. This is the biggest sin of the whore of Babylon. Compare Matthew 23:35 with Revelations 18:24. ...and also refer to the links at the bottom of the OP.

I dont recall Jesus or anybody else in the bible condemn Rome for having the blood of saints and holy men.
Im not trying to defend Rome or anything, but the scriptures make it pretty clear that its Jerusalem. So the idea that Rome is the whore has no biblical basis.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
At the time the NT was written, it (prophetic Babylon) was a mystery. The literal city still existed, well it still exists, but as a ruin. The mystery lay, at that time, in how an entity called "Babylon" could be anything other than the city of Babylon in Mesopotamia. With the appearance of the Babylonian Talmud, the mystery is resolved, and now we know what Mystery Babylon is - it is a system of beliefs and ways of living that are contrary to God. I note that the Talmud, what of it I have read, says little of the God of the Bible, and much about Molech. When we become aware of another important edition of the Talmud - the Jerusalem Talmud - we make the connection fully.

I recall, from my days as a "card-carrying" Seventh-Day Adventist, that the SDA church does two things:
1. It identifies Rome as the great whore or Mystery Babylon.
2. It supports (perhaps covertly) Judaism and Zionism.

An Adventist friend told me that the SDA church is considered to be a Jewish cult in Zionist-Occupied Palestine.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

No, the "whore' of Babylon is pagan worship. Idolatry in the Bible is often referred to as fornication with a prostitute. (figuratively) The "whore" is any kind of false worship, and the mystery religions all began in Nimrod's Babylon and deal with him, Tammuz and his mother.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by POPUP2000

Did you read the quotes in green and orange in the OP? They demonstrate some of the many parallels between Jerusalem and Babylon.

No, the Bible could also effectively be called: "The Tale of Two Cities". Jerusalem, the City of God, and Babylon, the city of man. God rebukes and chastises Israel and Jerusalem, but He also says He does that to those He loves.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
At the time the NT was written, it (prophetic Babylon) was a mystery. The literal city still existed, well it still exists, but as a ruin. The mystery lay, at that time, in how an entity called "Babylon" could be anything other than the city of Babylon in Mesopotamia. With the appearance of the Babylonian Talmud, the mystery is resolved, and now we know what Mystery Babylon is - it is a system of beliefs and ways of living that are contrary to God. I note that the Talmud, what of it I have read, says little of the God of the Bible, and much about Molech. When we become aware of another important edition of the Talmud - the Jerusalem Talmud - we make the connection fully.

I recall, from my days as a "card-carrying" Seventh-Day Adventist, that the SDA church does two things:
1. It identifies Rome as the great whore or Mystery Babylon.
2. It supports (perhaps covertly) Judaism and Zionism.

An Adventist friend told me that the SDA church is considered to be a Jewish cult in Zionist-Occupied Palestine.

Wow, if dewey reads that he'll go ballistic.
I agree with what you're saying, but Babylon has to rise again to be destroyed in the manner the Bible declares it will be for scripture to be fulfilled.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. -Revelation 18:7

Israel in chapter 12 IS widowed and divorced (Israel), the whore is mocking Israel. There are two women in revelation, Israel and spiritual Babylon. The woman, and the whore.

edit on 2-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Babylon equals Satan and that is why all the blood of the righteous is upon him , Jerusalem and more precisely Mount Zion belongs to God and God alone . He will be back real soon to claim it for ever more .

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

No, the "whore' of Babylon is pagan worship. Idolatry in the Bible is often referred to as fornication with a prostitute. (figuratively) The "whore" is any kind of false worship, and the mystery religions all began in Nimrod's Babylon and deal with him, Tammuz and his mother.

No, the Bible could also effectively be called: "The Tale of Two Cities". Jerusalem, the City of God, and Babylon, the city of man. God rebukes and chastises Israel and Jerusalem, but He also says He does that to those He loves.

I'm just reading from the same Bible that you hold in your hands.

The "whore" is NOT whatever you imagine.... but what is stated in the bible.
And from what we find, the same kind of language is used to describe both Jerusalem and Babylon.

If you, as a christian, don't go by the bible... then why should I, as a non-christian, stress upon quoting biblical verses to frame my arguments?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Babylon equals Satan and that is why all the blood of the righteous is upon him , Jerusalem and more precisely Mount Zion belongs to God and God alone . He will be back real soon to claim it for ever more .

How do you explain the similarities between Jerusalem and Babylon, "the city"?
Why is it that both are accused of having "the blood of saints" in them?

Which other city according to the bible, is described as having "the blood of holy men" in them?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join