It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich blames teachers for same sex marriage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Former Speaker of the House and Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich is blaming teachers
for as a reason for people accepting same sex marriage !!

He also points out that there is no Federal law recognizing same sex marriages.

He further states that perhaps some kind of amendment is necessary.
Perhaps suggesting the Federal government should outlaw same sex marriage.

But THAT in itself could be unconstitutional, I don't know.

Thursday, March 1, 2012 18:28 EST -- The Raw Story

Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich on Thursday blamed teachers for the growing acceptance of same sex marriage, according to Right Wing Watch.

“I think ultimately we’re going to have to have a federal amendment because at the rate we’re going, you might be able to pass a federal law, but at the rate we’re going it’s going to be just chaos, you’re going to have some states that say it’s all right and other states that say it’s not all right,” he said during a conference call with the Gingrich Faith Leaders Coalition.

“How are people going to travel, what are their legal rights, it is a mess,” Gingrich continued. “I think if we are going to defend marriage in the end it will probably require a federal law.”

The federal government does not recognize same sex marriages but Maryland, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Washington and the District of Columbia allow same sex couples to marry.

A woman on the conference call told Gingrich that same sex marriage would eventually lead to people to marry dogs.

“Remember we have now had a whole two generations of teachers who explained to us ‘you shouldn’t render moral judgment, after all it’s all situation ethics, who are we to decide,’ and that’s been a major problem,” Gingrich responded.

Story and Audio of the conference call:
Newt Says !

Would a Federal law banning same sex marriage be unconstitutional ??

Youtube caption:

Newt Gingrich rails against same-sex marriage and accepts a comparison to bestiality during a March 1 conference call with the Gingrich Faith Leaders Coalition.

edit on Mar-01-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Mar-01-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dear xuenchen,

Nut, errr, Newt is an adulterer and a liar. He pretends to be pious; but, I don't believe he even cares about morality. It is just a sales job. Peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There goes Newt..... talkin' again.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Did that woman say that allowing gay marriage was the same as marrying a dog or a farm animal? Did I hear that right? And Newty boy just plows on with his mumbling.
I think Aguestion above says it right.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
how does letting gay couples get married, affect the world in anyway or form??

almost as if when gay marriage is allowed, the sky will come down, and meteors will come crashing down on cities..

give me a break its 2012, not 3000BC

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That's the issue here.

Are the Republican candidates on the wrong path just like some say the current Administration is ?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It amazes me that none of the guys can figure out that 98% of Americans care alot more right now about jobs, wars, housing and the national debt than what two people do in there own house. Are what contraception they use.
I mean really, we are passing laws to interm Americans without trial. Take the internet away. A failing banking system, and Im suppose to care about gay marriage. How about we start working on the hole we are in.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What an IDIOT.

Why are these CONservatives SO OBSESSED with gay folks and gay issues??? Why do they have to ALWAYS stick their noses into peoples private lives and what folks do in their own homes behind closed doors??

It makes me CRINGE to think that if it werent for the LAW of the land, idiots like this character (as well as one other another idiot republican hopeful running named Rick) would STONE people to death for anything that goes against their ASININE narrow-minded beliefs.

DANGEROUS people indeed to have in in powerful positions such as politics. These CONservatives right-wing-nuts of late are SCARY (and potentially DANGEROUS) individuals !!!!!!

Folks have ENOUGH in life to worry about without IDIOTS like these CONservative republican right-wing nuts of late making lives harder for those who have different preferences than them.

Being 100% heterosexual, I can think of a ZILLION more important things to worry about than gays.

JEEZ, unbelievable!!
edit on 1-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

“How are people going to travel, what are their legal rights, it is a mess,” Gingrich continued. “I think if we are going to defend marriage in the end it will probably require a federal law.”

This is contradiction of language gets to the real heart of the matter. In reality there are no contradictions and when confronted with one, the best way to understand the perception of contradiction is by checking the premise. Gingrich's premise is that marriage is a legal right and not an unalienable and natural right. Thus, when he presents his argument as a defense of marriage what he is defending are the licensing schemes of marriage.

In terms of the assertion that there is no federal law recognizing same sex marriage, there is no federal law recognizing the right to breathe, the right to sleep, the right to blink, the right to shiver, the right to gasp, the right to move your lips as you read, the right to tap your toes along with the music, or the right to roll your eyes at ludicrous statements. Of course, if Gingrich were anywhere near the "expert" he presents himself as, he would all ready know there is a Ninth Amendment in the federal Constitution to inform and instruct him on these matters.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

About the only thing that surprises me about this guy is that he was somehow able to gain access to a public pulpit from which to spew his bigotry and hatred.

Then again, nothing in politics or entertainment (I consider them similar for the players are all in la-la land) really surprises me anymore... Next we'll have Rush Limbaugh talking about how the democrats were responsible for his drug abuse in some way.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Some things are said by people in higher positions to give the illusion to crazy people who may act out violently against society for the ruse that their opinions are still relevant and the illusion they still have representation that is taken seriously at the highest levels. It's psyops tactics to preemptively pacify future potential home grown terrorists, impho.

Politics in America is just like WWE. In front of the cameras total enemies, while they party together behind closed doors in private parties. Not saying they don't get work done, though. Lawmakers make laws and regardless of the fact these laws are not required learning in schools, and regardless of the fact no one knows all the existing laws within their lifetime, voters still vote to make more lawmakers to make more laws. That is what they get paid for.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

That's the issue here.

Are the Republican candidates on the wrong path just like some say the current Administration is ?

Yes it would be unconstitutional and yes the Republicans are on the same path as the Democrats which is the unchecked ambition for more power.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I wholeheartedly agree with your infuriating but realistic assessment; however, it's up to every citizen to educate themselves and know a bunk artist when they see/hear one.

Then again, I can also wish that we lived in a perfect word where people paid attention and haven't been traumatized into apathy and delusion by the very tactics you cited. What a sad commentary and state of affairs we are in...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I usually blame same sex attraction and strong emotion for gay marriage.

But to each his own NEWT.

edit on 1-3-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Former Speaker of the House and Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich is blaming teachers

How refreshing! You normally are only obsessed with bashing Obama. You finally made a thread pointing out how arrogant and ridiculously backwards a GOP guy like Newt is.

I agree with you 100%, Xuenchen; Newt's a total bag of fleshy bananas.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

How refreshing! You normally are only obsessed with bashing Obama. You finally made a thread pointing out how arrogant and ridiculously backwards a GOP guy like Newt is.

I agree with you 100%, Xuenchen; Newt's a total bag of fleshy bananas.

Well I'm glad you agree !!

There's not all that many current articles about the GOP people.
(if you find any good ones, start a thread or shoot a u2u)

There is more about Obama & Co.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That's the issue here.

Yes it would be unconstitutional and yes the Republicans are on the same path as the Democrats which is the unchecked ambition for more power.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts

I wasn't sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Difficult to fault those incapable of making informed decisions due to the fact they are not properly informed. No, this comment is not directed at you, it is simply commentary on what information is made available to the general public verses the information that exists and is known to government officials and organizations.

I wonder what that pie chart would look like? Known information that exists verses information delivered to the public via main stream media outlets.

Hard to make informed decisions when not properly informed. We here and see what they want us to hear and see.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

In theory, I absolutely agree with you; however, in this case, the man has been such a media hoar for his entire career, you would literally need to live under a rock to have been unexposed to his discriminatory and prejudice comments which he has somehow found an audience for over and over again.

With that said, your comparison of the political arena to the WWE is right on spot.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

People aren't accepting Gay Marriage. Every voter initiative has voted it down. In fact hatred towards gay's is on the rise. This pattern will probably end with camps. TPTB are using gay's to tick off the general population so we make the emotional decision to back the fascist's.

And it is probably going to work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join