It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich blames teachers for same sex marriage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What amazes me is that in what I consider to be one of the freest, most forward looking countries in the world there can still be people with such backward views AND what is scary is that they are some of the most powerful and listened to people on the planet!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Newt Gingrich would have been happy with my 7th grade home economics teacher. It was at Chiddix Junior High in Normal Illinois, a public school, early 1980s .. 84 or 85 maybe....

I was 11 when my male home economics teacher went off on a rant about homosexuality and how body parts were not made for that purpose. He said another man's penis could cause permanent damage to one's butt hole, and the taste of poop was not good.

Public School was soooo much fun.
edit on 2-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I'd say no more unConstitutional than legalizing abortion. Just my opinion. In my view, libs opened that Pandora's Box.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Newt Gingrich would have been happy with my 7th grade home economics teacher. It was at Chiddix Junior High in Normal Illinois, a public school, early 1980s .. 84 or 85 maybe....

I was 11 when my male home economics teacher went off on a rant about homosexuality and how body parts were not made for that purpose. He said another man's penis could cause permanent damage to one's butt hole, and the taste of poop was not good.

Public School was soooo much fun.

In my view, none of this should be discussed in school. Why can't they just stick with math, science and language? Even in shop, if people cannot figure out that the male plug goes into the female connector...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Kind of funny that people who think sex is abhorrent and something to be kept to themselves, or yourself, spend the most time thinking and talking about it eh?

I mean, come on, are people really still hung up over who sleeps with who behind closed doors? Are we really going to still judge people based on sexual orientation.

My god America, grow up, stop being so prudish, the rest of the civilized world has declared this a non issue, and you all should do.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't spend time on it other than to respond to threads. I suggested it's no better for a home ec teacher to rail against it as for it. See, it just needn't be a primary concern for school kids when they need to be really prepared to take their place in the big world. Why are our schools coming in so far behind so many other nations? It's because we are focused on the wrong stuff. This is a direct result of social engineering pioneered by John Dewey and his Marxist buddies.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's not the school's job to teach kids about homosexuality or that sort of thing, but it is their job to teach children tolerance and respect for other people's choices, beliefs etc.

Teachers aren't the reason that acceptance of gays is on the rise, it's because less and less people feel that it's their business to care about who another person sleeps with.

And that's the exact truth, it's nobody else's business, least of all the government's.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

It's not the school's job to teach kids about homosexuality or that sort of thing, but it is their job to teach children tolerance and respect for other people's choices, beliefs etc.

Teachers aren't the reason that acceptance of gays is on the rise, it's because less and less people feel that it's their business to care about who another person sleeps with.

And that's the exact truth, it's nobody else's business, least of all the government's.

~Tenth

I respectfully disagree that it is the school's job to teach tolerance other than no bullying on the playground. Other than that it is the parent's responsibility not the State. This kind of social engineering is part of the conditioning used by TPTB to determine outcomes and program children at the earliest age to their desired outcome, which will always be the NWO.
I cite Antony Sutton as my favorite conspiracy theorist on the Order of Skull and Bones and their desire to rule the whole world.
I also believe that it is nobody's business what goes on in the bedroom. I feel that is best left to the parties involved. For me the issue is that it is being actively pursued in the schools in large numbers of communities with the purpose of engineering things.
Today it is one thing, tomorrow it is another, based on the desired outcome of TPTB or whatever thing the seculars want to promote, as that is who has control over the teachers unions and the NEA.
You may not believe me, but there is plenty of evidence to support this claim.

Not in the minds of "progressive" educators and utopian globalists. They have yet to fulfill their revolutionary vision, but they are well on their way to a tragic victory. So while you and I decry the destruction of an academic system that produced nearly 100% literacy (at least at least in California) -- seventy years ago, others cheer the changes that have traded facts for fantasy, truth for myths, academics for collective socialization and individual thinking for group manipulation. It happened slowly -- largely through stealth and deception. Today's educational establishment, birthed over a century ago by John Dewey and his associates, learned early the tactics of social transformation: infiltration, propaganda, secret councils and continual multiplication through networks of influential new organizations.

From the beginning, they were determined to destroy the old education system in order to build the collective world of their dreams. Reporting to the annual NEA meeting in 1935, Willard Givens (soon-to-be executive secretary) wrote: "...many drastic changes must be made.... A dying 'laissez-faire' must be completely destroyed and all of us, including the 'owners', must be subjected to a large degree of social control.... The major function of the school is the social orientation of the individual. It must seek to give him understanding of the transition to a new social order."[2] Samuel Blumenfeld.

Keep in mind, the NEA shares the UN goals on every point. Small wonder, since its leaders helped establish the United Nations in the first place. Back in 1946, it celebrated the formation of UNESCO as "the culmination of a movement for the creation of an international agency of education." What the NEA had begun in secret would now be officially established by this new global management system. The NEA Journal announced the victory: "each member nation... has a duty to see to it that nothing in its curriculum... is contrary to UNESCO's aims." [1]

www.crossroad.to...
edit on 2-3-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I blame gay people, no gay people- no same sex marriage. It is much less of a stretch and requires much less explaining.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I agree. Looking back I'm not thinking it was age appropriate for me at 11 years old to be discussing or hearing such things. Maybe appropriate for highschoolers 15 to 17 and above in health class or sex ed, not so much an appropriate topic for discussion in class at age 11.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Looks like Newt hasn't been watching the news. All the teachers getting busted for having sex with their students have been having straight sex not gay sex.

Unlike Newt who has been having sex with a manikin.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What that woman said is a total and complete insult to all gay and lesbian people!!

It means they are as low on the evolutionary ladder as farm animals!!

I have some New and creative four letter words for people like her!!!!!!!

I can't use them here out of respect for this website and the members

Be safe people

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Anti-bullying is tolerance.

I don't really know how anybody would confuse one for the other, they are effectively the same. Schools who teach the kids not to bully are teaching kids not to pick on each other for their differences. That's tolerance.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
What an IDIOT.

Why are these CONservatives SO OBSESSED with gay folks and gay issues??? Why do they have to ALWAYS stick their noses into peoples private lives and what folks do in their own homes behind closed doors??

It makes me CRINGE to think that if it werent for the LAW of the land, idiots like this character (as well as one other another idiot republican hopeful running named Rick) would STONE people to death for anything that goes against their ASININE narrow-minded beliefs.

DANGEROUS people indeed to have in in powerful positions such as politics. These CONservatives right-wing-nuts of late are SCARY (and potentially DANGEROUS) individuals !!!!!!

Folks have ENOUGH in life to worry about without IDIOTS like these CONservative republican right-wing nuts of late making lives harder for those who have different preferences than them.

Being 100% heterosexual, I can think of a ZILLION more important things to worry about than gays.

JEEZ, unbelievable!!
edit on 1-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Couldn't have said it better!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree that it is the school's job to teach tolerance other than no bullying on the playground.

Totally agree 100%. When I was in school the only time the teachers spoke to you was about grades and that's the way it should be.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I respectfully disagree that it is the school's job to teach tolerance other than no bullying on the playground. Other than that it is the parent's responsibility not the State.

www.crossroad.to...
edit on 2-3-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

I respectfully disagree with you on that point. The school has a responsibility in the US to teach students the subject of US History. The Declaration of Independence states "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--The beginning of the Constitution is as follows: "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America" Article. IV. Section. 2 states "The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States." and I'm sure I don't need to quote the first amendment for reference.

More simply put, this country was founded by people who held as highest ideals, beliefs in liberty, equality, and the right to self-determination, people who risked everything to escape from tyrannical rule. People who learned their lessons about political and religious freedom from the oppression, persecution and wars that had plagued Europe for centuries. Although history will show that we have stumbled along the way, for example...slavery, although it was uncomfortable to change and many people were willing to risk their lives rather than change, or others lives, eventually we as a country realized that what had been accepted contradicted those fundamental rights and liberties that the founders of our country held the highest and protected(and yes they were doing it themselves....sometimes people can't see their own errors)

History teaches us that if we are to continue to enjoy the protection the Constitution provides for the right's and liberties we hold so dear, we must also understand that while we may not agree with those holding to different ideals than our own, we must learn to accept that the same protection that we hold so dear to protect our rights and liberties, protects theirs also, and learn to accept, despite differing ideals, another's right to live…and enjoy those rights and liberties protected under the Constitution equally and in peace.. One does not have to accept and embrace the choices of another to accept their Constitutional and civil rights as humans.

Thomas Jefferson actually explained the concept much more simply

"From the dissensions among Sects themselves arise necessarily a right of choosing and necessity of deliberating to which we will conform. But if we choose for ourselves, we must allow others to choose also, and so reciprocally, this establishes religious liberty." --Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Religion, 1776. Papers 1:545

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." --Thomas Jefferson to Francis Gilmer, 1816. ME 15:24

"The Constitutions of our several States vary more or less in some particulars. But there are certain principles in which all agree, and which all cherish as vitally essential to the protection of the life, liberty, property, and safety of the citizen: 1. Freedom of religion,restricted only from acts of trespass on that of others;….. 5. Freedom of the press, subject only to liability for personal injuries." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:489

To that degree I do believe that the school has a responsibility to teach tolerance that extends beyond the playground.

One final and wise quote in my opinion

"I have never been able to conceive how any rational being could propose happiness to himself from the exercise of power over others." --Thomas Jefferson to A. L. C. Destutt de Tracy, 1811. ME 13:18

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

If the schools and Teachers are going to do the "explaining",

then how do we make sure they are not psychopaths or pedophiles ?

it seems that the checks and balances have failed too many times.

plus that, how do we know if the "political/social" ideals of the teachers agrees with the families and parents.

I would hate to be a teacher and have influenced a child against the parents wishes.

The entire school system has too many failures, and worse yet, too many excuses for failure.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
how does letting gay couples get married, affect the world in anyway or form??

almost as if when gay marriage is allowed, the sky will come down, and meteors will come crashing down on cities..

give me a break its 2012, not 3000BC

Because, then gay's use it to force heterosexuals to accept homosexuality. Homosexuals are like mentally ill people that try to give their meds to other people who don't need it. And homosexuals have made it perfectly clear that they won't stop till hetro-normalism is destroyed.
That is an open deceleration of war against Heterosexuals.

Originally posted by k1k1to
give me a break its 2012, not 3000BC

BTW your no different. In fact your worse. Your supporting moral and cultural norms from 3001BC. Yeah it is convenient to try to coverup the homosexual oppression in the past. Heck look at Uganda and their homosexual dictator, King Mwanga. www.newswithviews.com...

The one that burned several Christians to death because they wouldn't allow themselves to be raped(and the act emboldened others to resist leading to the overthrow and execution of the pedophile, rapist King.

Me personally I don't really care(beyond protecting my right to self protection and be free of sexual harassment, and to be free of fraudulent/stupid/moronic/ memes/thoughts from others).

And personally, I think marriage should be a purely religious thing. Because marriage is a RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION ONLY.

reply to post by Pixiefyre

Now I bet some of you intellectually dishonest homosexuals and atheist's are going to say "does not compute" and spout some BS about separation between Church and State.

Well you see, that Separation between Church and State only exists at THE FEDERAL LEVEL! The US Constitution only say's this about religion and governance:

First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

This is the reason why I view atheist's the way I do. Because there are only three way's someone could fall for the Separation Between Church and State BS line atheist criminal Judges have fed society:

1) A Person is too stupid to know what these words mean: "Congress(The American House of Representatives and the American Senate)", "no(Cannot. Unable)" , "law(act of legislation)", "respecting(in-regards too)", "religion(Churches, spiritual beliefs)".

2) They are pathological liars.

3) A person is willfully ignorant of learning anything other than what they are told to learn.

According to the 1st Amendment if my home state of Pennsylvania wanted to become a "Christian Theocratic Republic", it legally could.

Congress though, cannot. That is why marriage is the pervue of the states. Because the interstate compact in regards to Marriage, is a compact between the States. The Interstate Marriage Compact creating a set standards of laws within the states, that regulates a religious rite important to Citizens and society in each state.

Technically, Atheism and Homosexually can be made criminal actions BY THE STATES. Heck Texas CAN OUTLAW the theory of evolution and books containing it if they wanted too. The First Amendment doesn't leave any room for interpretation. It is not vague and it is a very specific Amendment.

First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;

First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Full First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

But closet Atheists Judges have been using case-law to circumvent and supplant Constitutional Law.

You can argue about the writings of Thomas Jefferson or John Adams till your blue in the face. The simple reality is the States didn't ratify the Journals of Thomas Jefferson, they ratified the US Constitution. Any interests into the mindset of the authors or their contemporaries*(who had the job of crafting a constitution that the Independent States would go along with) is purely an Academic/Historical interest.

And to say or do otherwise is outright treason.

-----
Thus, gay's forcing society to allow them to marry is no different then gay's forcing society to force the Catholic Church to giving them Communion.

Or no different then gay's using Congress to force [insert religion] to allow them to become religious leaders.**

The Homosexual desire to marry is the homosexual desire to rape and destroy heterosexual society.

edit on 3-3-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

-------
In fact going by this rational, it should be illegal for atheist's to marry. As Marriage is a religious institution. And people from faiths that don't have marriage would also apply.

So in that regards a Civil Union Inter-State Compact is needed. A kind of State sponsored partnership for people who aren't religious, or do not fit the religious requirements. That way there is a similar Secular version for Secular people.

-----
*Thomas Jefferson was a Diplomat to France, and subsequently was in France when the US Constitution was drafted.

** The problem with this is, the States can regulate and impose conditions on religious institutions. Meaning the states can force a Mosque to marry a homosexual couple, if the laws in the state say that they have to.

edit on 3-3-2012 by korathin because: added "and their .....*"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join