It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Documents: PETA Killed a Near Record-Breaking 95 Percent of Adoptable Dogs and Cats in its Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
PETA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals - is not for animal rights, at least not the right of animals to live. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Are these people who love animals or people who love activism for activism sake??? It seems they can't be bothered with saving animals' lives they just want publicity and the $$ that goes along with that publicity. Their Virginia based shelter isn't even up to their own published standards for animal shelters!

www.petakillsanimals.com...

According to records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA killed 1,911 cats and dogs last year while placing just 24 in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 27,751 pets have died at the hands of PETA workers.

"PETA hasn’t slowed down its slaughterhouse operation, even as the group continues to lecture the American public with its phony ‘animal rights’ message," said Rick Berman, CCF’s Executive Director. "It appears PETA is more concerned with funding its media and advertising antics than finding suitable homes for these dogs and cats."

Despite its $37.4 million budget, PETA employees make little effort to find homes for the thousands of animals they kill every year.

A 2010 inspection of 290 PETA animal custody records performed by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services discovered that PETA killed 84 percent of the animals it took control of within only 24 hours. Additionally, the inspection discovered that PETA’s animal shelter didn't meet PETA’s own published guidelines for running a humane shelter.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Why are you surprised. Here is another shocker for you then.... Al Gore and his cronies make billions off of the phoney global warming crap. It is all about controlling people and guilt over animal cruelty or killing the planet are just tools to these cretins. Wake up and smell the Dachau.
edit on 1-3-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm gonna coin a new moniker for PETA.

People Euthenizing & Terrorizing Animals

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Think about it this way. Would you rather the dog live 2 or 3 more years without much food or freedom or just put it to sleep now? I don't think it's a lack of care so much as a lack of resources. Ever wonder why they sometimes sell more tags in deer season? To cull the heard so that they don't overeat and starve themselves. You can't give every single dog and cat a happy pet life. Due to our society there are a lot of "extra" dogs and cats around that will consume resources or die. I think it's quite humane to "put them out of their misery" even though it results in the animal's destruction.

Of course I'm not going to start on the "but dogs are people tewwwww!!!" argument because it's asinine. Humans are obviously more important than a dog or cat, so anyone who argues "but what if it was your child!" needs to reevaluate their outlook on life.

Kill them... dont kill them... they will end up dying either way.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wow. I've never noticed that this forum is entitled "Global Financial Meltdown". I've always thought it was "Global Meltdown" which this story is definitely appropriate in. When people who supposedly advocate love of animals become the worst aggressors, then definitely this planet is in meltdown.

Mods, please move.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Your comment would be more appropriate if they even tried to find homes for these animals and couldn't. 24 animals out of 1,992 animals taken in last year were adopted out. They have a $34 MILLION dollar annual budget.

You really think they're trying?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
PeTA... what a corrupt organization. Paying for lawyers for people who fire bomb buildings (Rod Coronado en.wikipedia.org... ) Encouraging children to break the law. Vandalism, etc.

People should not give them a penny.

PeTA... People Eating Tasty Animals.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I love animals and hate animal cruelty as much as the next person, but can anyone who eats meat REALLY hate Michael Vick that much? Eating meat makes you an accomplice to animal cruelty.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
I love animals and hate animal cruelty as much as the next person, but can anyone who eats meat REALLY hate Michael Vick that much? Eating meat makes you an accomplice to animal cruelty.

Apparently, being a vegan (PETA) can make you an accomplice to animal cruelty too!
edit on 1/3/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Let's not forget the got their start with the Silver Spring monkeys. During that case they broke into the lab and forged pictures by forcing the monkeys into painful positions and covering them with feces and the like in an attempt to make people think animal abuse was occurring. At this point they're not much better than a terrorist front.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Where does all the donations they get go to?
If they aren't paying to feed, house, and advertise animals that need good homes, what are they doing with all that money?
I'd also like to know why they had people drive all the way to NC to throw some of the euthenized bodies into a dumpster. Just simply disgusting. I'm glad these people were caught red handed and arrested.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I get the general gist of what you're saying in that people are irresponsible in not neutering and spaying their pets. As a result, there are more animals in need of homes compared to the number of individuals who want or can adopt.

With that said, PETA has deliberately painted a picture of itself as the end all of animal protection and hasn't bothered to mention their poor success rate in all of their campaigns geared toward soliciting donations (even if it might not entirely be their fault).

I'm an animal lover and agree with you that there are just not enough homes available for homeless animals and we shouldn't let animals needlessly suffer, but what PETA is doing smacks of pure greed and hypocrisy. Quite honestly, I didn't even know that they, themselves, were anything but an animal advocacy organization and after reading this OP, my donation for this year will go to a more worthy recipient.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot

Eating meat makes us human.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Please contrubute to one of the already existing topics on this story, such as this one HERE

[Thread Closed]

new topics

top topics

join