It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabian Oil Pipeline Destroyed in Explosion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Saudi Arabian Oil Pipeline Destroyed in Explosion

www.thearabdigest.com

For the first time in decades, the Eastern Saudi Arabian volatile situation has reached the vital oil sector. A pipeline between Awamiya and Safwa has been reportedly targeted, and is under fire; the Saudi government sources were quick to claim that the fire is one kilometer away from the pipeline. Our correspondent in Qatif confirmed that it is indeed a pipeline area that is targeted.
Saudi Arabia's Shiite minority, mostly residing in the oil rich east, has been protesting for years against State sponsored discrimination. They are treated as second class citizens, denied public sector jobs
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.presstv.ir
www.cnbc.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
saudi arabia and israel new allies against iran

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Breaking news from Saudi Arabia - haven't seen it hit the MSM yet, besides CNBC (because they're reporting on oil prices that shot up as a result). This is the only article I found that details the possible cause of the explosion, not sure if it's confirmed. According to it, the pipeline was destroyed by Shi'ite rebels.

However, as we all know, Iran and Saudi Arabia aren't exactly friends. Could this be blamed on Iran (false flag)? It is important to note that Iran is unique in that it's a Shia majority nation - and they've been known to sponsor terrorism. Things are pretty tense in the area right now.

UPDATE: The Saudi Arabian government is denying that the explosion occurred. Still no confirmation either way, just their words.

www.thearabdigest.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-3-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Told you. Iran and other dissent groups are to start targeting oil to the west. They can quickly and easily knock out the West's economy by bringing gas prices to 5 US Dollars. If the average price (all around the United States , and 8 Euros all around the European Union) would collpase the economy of the US and Euro nations.
edit on 1-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Agreed. $5 bucks a gallon here we come.
This is going to blow.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
we all know who's getting the blame for this, Iran, doesn't matter who did it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Why is it so hard to believe Iran could have been behind it. I don't understand this new Iran can do no wrong attitude on ATS. Could it be a false flag, sure. Could it be a minority group fed up with poor treatment, easily. Could Iran be behind it? Why not?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Allegedly? Are you trying to be funny? Or pandering to the Anti- Israel crowd?
Its is only allegedly, if your in the camp that believes every word Iran says, but says all
other reports are bogus.

Some will say they are justified in sponsoring terrorism.
Some will say they don't sponsor terrorism.
Some will say either of the above depending on the topic and the audience.

Regardless of your views on Israel or the US, your a fool to deny Iran is a player in global terrorism. FACT!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Seems this is a false flag, hunting for more information just now but so far this looks all wrong, there are some comments on the other site re twitters suddenly popping up which seems highly suspicious. It looks like frame job

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

no...Obama is getting the blame for high gas prices, Iran, ...just listen to the right.

link   
reply to post by Maponos

Of course it is. Iran is full of peace activists and just good wholesome leadership. They could never do this. Only the evil Americans are capable of this.

link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Why is it so hard to believe Iran could have been behind it. I don't understand this new Iran can do no wrong attitude on ATS. Could it be a false flag, sure. Could it be a minority group fed up with poor treatment, easily. Could Iran be behind it? Why not?

I've been wondering that myself. Ian is no sweetheart and absolutely no victim here in any sense of the word. They're being pushed to war, true....I'll grant that...but they're doing a lot of pushing of their own. The coming fight, if it happens, will absolutely be a 2 sided one.

Like you...I just don't get it. When DID Iran become a nation to hold high on some pillar of virtue that can do absolutely nothing wrong and where every bad thing must be the work of Mossad or CIA agents. It makes for an interesting read anyway.... I wonder if people in Tehran pay attention to how many within our own nation seem to love them more than America. Perhaps that can send some tickets to help the more dedicated to move.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Possibly another Israeli act of terror?

Blame it on Iran and then....

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

5 dollars a gallon !! well here in country victoria australia its been around 150 a litre for some time now and we dont have the public transport infrastructure here we are a captive audience Australia produces heaps of oil with a population of around 23 million ! go figure they have us by the balls grrrr !!--

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's easy to point the finger at Iran, but with everything that's happened in the past decade, I'm not convinced this is something that couldn't be done by someone more "friendly"

EDIT: It might just be an accident as far as we know.
edit on 1-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Allegedly? Are you trying to be funny? Or pandering to the Anti- Israel crowd?
Its is only allegedly, if your in the camp that believes every word Iran says, but says all
other reports are bogus.

Just trying to keep things objective - I had only heard of allegations made by the CFR and US government, but apparently Khamenei recently admitted to it so you're right.

Next time, I would advise not jumping to conclusions about my personal views, and using such an aggressive tone. It doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
edit on 1-3-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Nothing to do with Iran.

Saudi has its own problems and trying to keep the masses under control.

Saudi is actually denying that the Iranian news report on this as false. Nevermind trying to blame Iran.

US cannot (or will not) confirm reports. Monitroing situation.

THis could be a massive story if true.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

i suppose they could have, but my point wasn't who did it, but who TPTB will feed the MSM on who did it. Sad but true fact is most people will never know the truth about a lot of what happens in our world.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I will not say Iran is "behind" this

I will not say Iran is "not behind" this

I will say:

We don't know who is "behind" this and we will likely NEVER know - even when "they tell us."

We live in a world where our government leaders are just as sleazy and duplicitous, just as underhanded and Machiavellian, just as devoid of responsibility to truth as the people they call 'evil.'

The media will "tell" us what it is.. and group 1 will deny it because they know the media can't be trusted; group 2 will deny it because it doesn't fit their bias; group 3 will accept it because it does fit their bias.... and group 4 will be left to say... "What? More killing? Seriously?" and resign themselves to living in a world run by highly competent self-serving bigots along side blithering vain-glorious idiots.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
|Im hopeing that was not THE pipeline for outsorcing European oil supply when Iran embargo was shudled to kickof.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Nothing to do with Iran.

Not necessarily, like I stated before, Iran is predominantly Shia (as opposed to the rest of the middle east), and has admitted to sponsoring terrorism, which would include Shi'ite rebels in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi is actually denying that the Iranian news report on this as false.

Yes I actually saw that just now. Iranian news source? Very strange indeed. Perhaps Iran spread the rumor to demonstrate that they don't need to close the Strait of Hormuz to drive oil prices up (I know it's a bit of a reach but why else would they do it)?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join