It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cop cought on tape telling man he will be framed for robbery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is so wrong i hope these cops loose their jobs and go to prison.

Seattle’s KOMO 4 News reports on their city’s police department’s issue with tens of thousands of cop car dashcam videos “vanishing”. In the latest incident for which cruiser footage of critical moments was mysteriously lost, two innocent young men (both African American) were beaten and arrested at gunpoint for no legitimate reason. After they are taken to jail, an officer tells one that he will “make stuff up” and send them to prison for robbery.

But no worries, the police department investigated itself and found no wrongdoing by officers. A department spokesman comments that concerned citizens have to “trust the system, trust the process”.

www.disinfo.com...

Why are all cops on power trips nowadays, the system has failed and should not be trusted for one second.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Soooooooo many things wrong here.

'You just kicked me in the face!'

'I told you I kicked you in the chest.' Wow dude. What is the point of the dashcams if police are able to just turn them off?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Would there be any way we could acquire some "vanished dashcam" vids via Freedom of Information Act??

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
just watching that guys face when she called him out on several issues was enough to know how full of chit he is. he basically said "you have to trust us" or in other words " we don't care what we did, you can't do anything about it". it's getting way out of hand now.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

A little hard to take the 'You have to trust us' comment seriously when a cop just threatened to 'make stuff up' possibly beat a suspect and turned off the dashcam.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
the sgt. covered for them, that tells me they don't care if this happens, they just care if they get caught doing it. maybe the local chapter of the NAACP could set up their own "sting" operation using cameras to capture police terrorizing black people in seattle.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

the video the lady showed the cop had more than enough information on it to at least get one of those cops fired

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

That's what happens when you hire people with lower I.Qs. N.Y. Times: Judge Rules That Police Can Bar High I.Q. Scores

A Federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by a man who was barred from the New London police force because he scored too high on an intelligence test. In a ruling made public on Tuesday, Judge Peter C. Dorsey of the United States District Court in New Haven agreed that the plaintiff, Robert Jordan, was denied an opportunity to interview for a police job because of his high test scores. But he said that that did not mean Mr. Jordan was a victim of discrimination.

These idiots don't quite get the job done. They see two tall black guys, but it doesn't occur to them to think that maybe there are more than two tall black guys in Seattle, nor does it occur to them to ask questions before making an arrest. It also doesn't occur to them to keep their mouths shut when plotting illegal activities. Three strikes, you're out.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It seems to me the only way these Cameras mean something for accountability to Police action is if Police CANNOT tamper with or adjust the settings. I'm sure the units weren't made to roll every minute across a shift. Fine. Fix that problem so they are.

While they're at it..... The Police P.O.V. TV show displays how simple and viable it is for a Cop to wear a very minimal head band and have live video seeing what they see. Perhaps, this ought to be looked into as another mandatory part of Officer accountability into the future.

At the VERY least, I see absolutely NO excuse why those P.O.V. cameras can't be built right into every police helmet from Motorcycle to Riot. There, they wear the gear anyway....adding the Camera wouldn't add a thing but a way to see what happened and what the Cop WAS or WAS NOT seeing when it did. Hell.. It'd likely HELP them as often as hang the bad ones.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is why I never go anywhere anymore.

This is really happening, if not to you, to someone you know.

Do not assume if you break no laws the cops will leave you alone. They might not...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
reply to post by moekuba

That's what happens when you hire people with lower I.Qs. N.Y. Times: Judge Rules That Police Can Bar High I.Q. Scores

A Federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by a man who was barred from the New London police force because he scored too high on an intelligence test. In a ruling made public on Tuesday, Judge Peter C. Dorsey of the United States District Court in New Haven agreed that the plaintiff, Robert Jordan, was denied an opportunity to interview for a police job because of his high test scores. But he said that that did not mean Mr. Jordan was a victim of discrimination.

These idiots don't quite get the job done. They see two tall black guys, but it doesn't occur to them to think that maybe there are more than two tall black guys in Seattle, nor does it occur to them to ask questions before making an arrest. It also doesn't occur to them to keep their mouths shut when plotting illegal activities. Three strikes, you're out.

What a strange practice. It can really only mean one thing. When you're assembling a tool of oppression, like a police force, you don't want the elements of that tool to be smart enough to pay a whole lot of attention to rules and regulations because it mitigates the overall intimidation and brutality factors which make the tool effective in the intended manner. Fear is an exceptional weapon. Cops are less scary if they're constantly having to acknowledge everyone's civil rights.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Urantia1111 because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The fact that data was deleted from the hard drive that could of been ordered recovered by command staff, but was ignored paints a complete picture of what is happening throughout this department.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It seems to me the only way these Cameras mean something for accountability to Police action is if Police CANNOT tamper with or adjust the settings. I'm sure the units weren't made to roll every minute across a shift. Fine. Fix that problem so they are.

SPD was offered a federal grant to purchase wearable video cameras where they would always be turned on and the officers had no direct ability to delete any data. The SPD Union argued that they would not accept the units unless they could turn them off during their breaks citing the cameras always on was a violation of their privacy. The units that the grant was offered for were specifically designed to give a complete view of the LEO perspective without the option of self edits or forgetting to turn them on.

Thanks to the Police Guild the grant was lost. If Seattle wants these devices they'll have to find other sources of revenue to purchase units that meet the Police Guilds specifications - that is devices that can be turned off and on at will.

edit on 1-3-2012 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Thanks for the perspective and details on how this could already have happened and been in place to catch a problem like this. At least we'd know one way or the other and not have to guess at whether the cop was trying to scare the guy or really meant he'd plant evidence and commit crimes himself. Isn't it horrible when Police Departments have gone so far off track in general that we can't just give the benefit of the doubt. Just the opposite, I suppose..

So, foiled by the Unions again. Police Unions in this case. Anyone else think it's a REAL REAL bad idea for Safety related employes of the Government at any level to have Unions in the first place?? It's one thing for GM to have a labor union representing. The worst the guys who local news has filmed drinking and smoking dope on break can manage is a poorly assembled car. Bad cops kill people...or worse...end their life without killing them by sending them to Human Warehousing for a few years on bogus charges. What a world.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Makes sense its illegal to record an officer on duty.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I believe since we have to pay our congressional leaders a salary for life, the police force has not had decent pay in years and years.
Would you let people shoot at you randomly for 25k a year? No.
Would run into burning buildings for same wages? No.
That is why our officers are power hungry, egotistical people. They have to get something out of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think the most appropriate reply to such a video and situation is

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is complete and utter bullsh*t, i feel so, so sorry for American citizens having put up with these criminal gang members posing as protectors of peace constantly murdering, assaulting and abusing innocent civilians.

Can we please get angry now?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This does not surprise me one bit. The system is so corrupt.

Maybe they should stream all dashcams live online.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Wake up and See whats going on!
we are ruled by evil mad insane lunatics.

they are Insane. they think they are doing whats best.
Like the Insane Kings of Old.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

Your kidding, right, because if your seriously saying that cops are breaking the law because they don't make enough money and are justified in doing so, then I'm affraid we have very different deffinitions on what "to pretect and serve" mean!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

NO!
I am saying that when you pay crap, you get crap.
The people that have half a brain wouldn't want to get shot at for 25k a year.
Clear?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join