It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cop cought on tape telling man he will be framed for robbery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
I believe since we have to pay our congressional leaders a salary for life, the police force has not had decent pay in years and years.
Would you let people shoot at you randomly for 25k a year? No.
Would run into burning buildings for same wages? No.
That is why our officers are power hungry, egotistical people. They have to get something out of it.

Starting salary for the SPD is 64k a year and many of them make over 200k a year when working overtime to boost their pension, paid based on their highest two years salary. All LE in Washington have similar packages - padding their hours to raise their pensions is a common theme.
edit on 2-3-2012 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

With all this police corruption getting exposure like it is, this will force the PTB to bring in robots and drones to take the place of human law enforcers on the streets.

Not sure how this will play out or how artificial intelligence will make arrests but mark my word, somehow, this is where they're headed.

Same with school violence. Schools will be a thing of the past too. Education will be done via computers and/or chips you simply download into your brain!

1984 will look like paradise compared to what I see coming down the pike. This world is about to get very cold and very sterile, very soon!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by moekuba

It is pretty rediculous that the presenters had to disclose that these two men had no criminal records, full time jobs and have finished school, just because most people think black people are deadbeats.

Police like this need to be stripped of their badges, publicly exposed and blacklisted from public employment. Sure it sound harsh but how else will they learn not to abuse their power.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
"Missing" dash cams are absolutely disgusting. Anyone caught messing with dash cams should be criminally punished along the lines of destruction of/tampering with evidence. Apparently there is an internal harddrive? Withholding that evidence should have the same consequences as, well, withholding evidence.

Clearly the cop threatened to make stuff off and have the victim charged with robbery. Since he didn't follow through with his threat, I guess there is no crime? This was a joke made mostly for the sake of his partner. It was in bad taste and reprihensible. He should be reprimanded for this. Except he should be fired for tampering with his dash cam.

While I am more likely to side with the victim since the officers decided to turn off the cameras, everything else unfortunately is He said, He said. Comments made by the victims sounded exaggerated to me. I thought I was going to be shot in cold blood type statements. Not saying he didn't feel that way but with no camera to back it up I don't know if he should have felt this way or just an overstatement.

Off topic kinda: As a teenager I saw a boy get shot in the face. As the shooter ran, another friend chased him down and held him till officers got there. Now the "hero" in this story is dumb as bricks and was excited about his capture. When reporters got there and talked with him, he sounded like that hillbilly they always interview who was artifically insiminated by aliens. They gave him lines. He was to use words like "apprehend", "subdued", "perpetrator", "victim", and "proper authorities"

Let's not pretend that reporters don't know how to coach people to make the viewers more sympathetic.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Larrelye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by moekuba

Police like this need to be stripped of their badges, publicly exposed and blacklisted from public employment. Sure it sound harsh but how else will they learn not to abuse their power.

This does not sound harsh at all. If I make a mockery of my employer, I am fired. If I threaten my customers, I am fired. If I attempt to destroy, deface, or damage my employer's property, I am fired. It is not harsh to expect police to have the same respect for their position as I do mine or you do yours.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
There is the chance he was (poorly) trying to mess with them and not serious but by the end of the clip with the "thousands of videos are missing", suddenly it became all too clear this is routine busniess for the cops

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

kcpd wages

This says 37k for my area. That isn't starting pay, that is average wage. My estimate was alot closer.

edit on 2-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Just another isolated incident.

I like how the "few bad apples" thing gets thrown out the window with certain special departments like NY, Seattle, LA and NO. Then it becomes something akin to "those departments are anomalous and in no representative of the many departments across the nation."

Then we find out small towns are in on the same game such as the East Haven, CT PD who are currently being dismantled due to the feds bringing charges against half of all the cops for rights violations and rampant racism that went so far as to cause the mayor to resign.

These isolated incidents all lead to anomalous departments which, given the trend we are seeing, are everywhere.

Sure, there are good individual cops. But that doesnt mean squat because law enforcement as an institution is always corrupt and rotten. Even the best cop cant make a difference when the blue brotherhood is little more than sanctioned organized crime. Teamsters with guns. Go against the teamsters and you get buried under the 50 yard line.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

Kansas City is not Seattle.

Wages are different everywhere.

One could compare that KC 37K and relative KCPD abuses to the SPD 64K and relative SPD abuses and reasonably conclude that being paid more makes one more corrupt.

Just saying.

Financial incentive has little bearing to personality issues, behavioral problems and tendencies toward corruption.

I'm sure quite a few power-tripping imbeciles would happily trample over their fellow man for $0 as much as they would for $500K.

I wouldnt abuse another human being for a million dollars and I imagine most wouldnt either. Others would for a stick of gum.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I would agree. People need to understand that everyone, including cops, are just people. Some join the force for little pay because they truly want to help people. Young boys all over the world are longing to grow up and serve either in the military or police force so that they can be a positive force in their communities and have an honorable job that they can be proud of. My son (much to my dismay) is one of them. Some join the force for little pay because they were bullies in high school and the real world has shown them that this is not acceptable. Military, Police, and Security jobs are their best option. Then there are some who aren't concerned about either. Just like the rest of us. They get up, go to work at a job they may or may not like, they put up with crap from "customers", and go home. These are all people, each an individual with their own agenda.

Just like any other scenario. The loudest are not the greatest numbers.....

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
This does not surprise me one bit. The system is so corrupt.

Maybe they should stream all dashcams live online.

This.

I actually used to be one of those people who thought corrupt cops and violent men in uniform were a minority, but recent years has shown me that the corruption is an epidemic, being led by those in more senior positions.

The entire policing system in both the USA and the UK are fatally flawed and need rebuilding from the ground up. I no longer trust anyone in a police uniform.

When a cop complains about people not trusting them, we have a never-ending list of events and proven corruption. Why the f**k should I trust any cop when every single day there's another example of a thug in uniform and their senior officers covering things up?

As for the UK especially, it's about to get messy.
I can't wait to see what comes out about the corruption between Murdoch, politicians and the Metropolitan Police. You can bet your ass that what we do find out about is only the tip of a very big iceberg that has been effectively shielded from public scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Just when I think that I can't possibly hate cops anymore than I already do... I see something like this. Despicable.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I remember when my brother got arrested after a domestic at home. My mum felt like she had no choice but to ring the police to get him out of the house. He ran down the local park before they arrived and I made chase to make sure he was ok.
When I found him there were 5 police cars, 2 riot vans and a police dog and he was getting the # kicked out of him by about 5 ol' bill.
For a domestic!
The rest of the po po where making it very clear if anyone intervened they would get the same treatment.
My brother put in a complaint for police brutality but they all covered each others backs.

That was just the first incident for him but the only one I had witnessed.

I felt completely useless because I couldn't do anything to help him.

He has been handcuffed and pepper sprayed until his face blew up like a balloon.
Pictures were taken but once again, they knew nothing and it was swiftly brushed under the rug.

Don't get me wrong there are good police out there but even they probably feel pressured into covering for the corrupt ones.

How do we stop this?
I think it's too late...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
There are literally hundreds of thousands cops. Most are good cops. There are some bad apples who are racist, or exploit their position to be a bully or both. The fault lies within the fact that too many colleagues, who themselves might not be prone to such behaviour, defend or even cover for people who have shown they are unfit to wear the uniform.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join