It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about consciousness.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Sahabi
I understand "I Am" and "This Is" to be expressing the same concept.

They are. But to some, they are not.
edit on 1-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Then what's the purpose of this thread?

To clarify? To confuse? To mock? To entertain?

If you're acting like you're disagreeing, then coming out and saying "I both agree and disagree, but these are the same"...

...this is just confusing. Leave the definitions of the concepts be.

This is the kind of stuff that passes for deep esoteric thought in 2012.

"It is, and yet it's not."

"Maybe yes, but then again, too no to be yes in truth. But then what is truth but the "I AM" reaching forth from the center of "yes" and filling the universal consciousness with the wholeness of the absolute...the fullness of truth? Is it yes? Perhaps, but then again, perhaps not."

Basically, it's a competition to see who can be the most unintelligible without completely losing his/her connection with sentence structure in the process. I think that absolute has the lead in points so far. Then again, it's been a real grind trying to read some of this junk lately, so I'm probably a bit out of the loop right now.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is is I am, but I am isn't always seen as this is.

My thoughts about THIS have greater influence on how I see the world than my thoughts about me. In other words, if you want to control your emotions, it's a matter of controlling how you feel about the external.

All that is outside is really on the inside. What I think about this computer I am writing on has an effect on my brain because this computer is in my brain. Everything observed is ovserved within.

A negative thought directed towards something "external" is the source of a negative internal emotion because what you are directing the thought towards is actually inside your head. So if you want to shine, then see all as shining.

What is outside is really what is inside. Therefore, you are not, but this is and you are this.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Are you experiencing the 'I am'?
Here Peter Fenner is talking non dual awareness, which is the 'I am':
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This is is I am, but I am isn't always seen as this is.

My thoughts about THIS have greater influence on how I see the world than my thoughts about me. In other words, if you want to control your emotions, it's a matter of controlling how you feel about the external.

All that is outside is really on the inside. What I think about this computer I am writing on has an effect on my brain because this computer is in my brain. Everything observed is ovserved within.

A negative thought directed towards something "external" is the source of a negative internal emotion because what you are directing the thought towards is actually inside your head. So if you want to shine, then see all as shining.

What is outside is really what is inside. Therefore, you are not, but this is and you are this.

here ur confusion is clearly revealed

what u think experiencing the same is actually the opposite, from what u mean being same or of same u feel the opposition to objective right while u think then that it is u
truth reality always mean to push u to get out from what u cant understand nor b through

get out is being free and then u start

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

getting out represent ur freedom right from recognizing objective existing as it is so not related to u, u can always be real and get a true positive reality existing, but what matter is to stay always clearly out and not mixing u with anything existing
this is the hardest part bc all is evil through agressions on freedom rights
but when u mean the truth in words this is the exclusive truth way

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You talk like a Jnani and I like that. Elaborately, what is your own definition of intelligence?

edit on 2-3-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Some really good wisdom so far in this thread. For those who are having trouble understanding it, or think it is all just a bunch of non-sense, it is because you have yet to learn that the greatest wisdom is found within paradox's, something the mind finds troubling. The mind want definitive concepts and ideas it can tangibly hold, yet these are merely shadows and illusions the mind paints for itself so it can continue running around in circles. A "wise man" is not he who comes up with long winded philosophies and ideas, it is he who learns to see the underlying and subtle movement behind natures paradox's.

The observer and the observed are one, yet the observer cannot observe itself.
The thinker and the thought are one, yet the thinker cannot think of itself.

This may be garbage and non-applicable for the average man, but it is the treasure of the sages wisdom.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would be careful with definite statements like " the truth about....", especially on topics like this.

I thought that consciousness is the ability to be aware. Every living being possesses that ability. Intellectual analysis comes after that, a virtual construction of concepts, born from the mind's inability to stay in the "now", to keep the awareness. The more we play with concepts, the more complicated this virtual construction becomes, the more intelligent we appear to be. Yet the more concepts, the more we depart from reality, and the less aware we are.

Replacing "I am" with "this is" will only shift the focus of these concepts. Because nothing really "is" there except the present moment and the experience of it within our awareness. That's the only truth that is. But we keep missing it, and replacing with all kind of concepts.
The way to go is to just be aware of "whatever is", just be the experience, without any other mental games on top of it. Naked awareness, without the need to explain whatever is, or to translate it to ourselves all the time. Then the truth will become obvious, the "real" truth, not a concept of it. I guess that's the reason all the great masters say that the truth cannot be explained or passed on, but only experienced personally.

edit on 2-3-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
I would be careful with definite statements like " the truth about....", especially on topics like this.

I thought that consciousness is the ability to be aware. Every living being possesses that ability. Intellectual analysis comes after that, a virtual construction of concepts, born from the mind's inability to stay in the "now", to keep the awareness. The more we play with concepts, the more complicated this virtual construction becomes, the more intelligent we appear to be. Yet the more concepts, the more we depart from reality, and the less aware we are.

Replacing "I am" with "this is" will only shift the focus of these concepts. Because nothing really "is" there except the present moment and the experience of it within our awareness. That's the only truth that is. But we keep missing it, and replacing with all kind of concepts.
The way to go is to just be aware of "whatever is", just be the experience, without any other mental games on top of it. Naked awareness, without the need to explain whatever is, or to translate it to ourselves all the time. Then the truth will become obvious, the "real" truth, not a concept of it. I guess that's the reason all the great masters say that the truth cannot be explained or passed on, but only experienced personally.

exactly, u revealed also the crucial point of evil essence

essentially, evil is of awareness that is never real in witnessing else movements, so that stillness facing objective existence that enjoy from its constancy stillness to look at the superior freedom movements without shame, so no intelligence in god included at all only insolence of eyes, that mean essentially to justify its stillness right, by summarizing vulgarly objective free moves turning it to knowledge crap inferior

while it becomes constant from that mean done subjectively, then it become limited as still freedom stand by keeping doing it first, where evil equation rised by knowing how to radically and absolutely mean directly freedom move superiority as inferior thing, which subjectively is easily done, then become limited from that subjective freedom constancy to be the initial free still will, so reach the way of knowing its inferior reality to its own superior free means to focus on realizing a shape of as real, then by doing that realisation form it reach a sense of freedom positive superiority while still, that start to be its free wills constancy to realize as one superior subjective pleasures in doing nothing but through the powers of proving superiority being nothing while taking the superior freedom energy from

whatever u may say to those still awareness always wont matter on the contrary they will keep meaning to abuse it for knowledge positive ways to reach being superior powers still more

like saying, that superior free moves never mean its freedom while its freedom is always meaning truth rights first from what their freedom is true
so no freedom move mean being source of anything when only truth is in abstract terms the source of alright to any objective space existing or not

but the point u said is very much directed to the identification of true awareness reactions

when u see smthg, it is normal first to admit it existing by moving back free from it so realizing its existence and urs from one move while truth realize the common ground

a lot of awareness dont belong to this they stay still whatever they see and start to justify their constancy abstract growth by puting any objective below them as nothing and enjoying the positive subjective growth sense mean from certifying their superiority to it

the weakness of those in truth end that truth freedom reveal obviously in the world, is their total impotence to communicate even though they deal with everything and anything freedom constanty the most free

bc they stay the same still and all and any nothing while them superior constant

when awareness rights they become existing from constant more recognition of objective existence

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat

exactly, u revealed also the crucial point of evil essence

essentially, evil is of awareness that is never real in witnessing else movements, so that stillness facing objective existence that enjoy from its constancy stillness to look at the superior freedom movements without shame, so no intelligence in god included at all only insolence of eyes, that mean essentially to justify its stillness right, by summarizing vulgarly objective free moves turning it to knowledge crap inferior

while it becomes constant from that mean done subjectively, then it become limited as still freedom stand by keeping doing it first, where evil equation rised by knowing how to radically and absolutely mean directly freedom move superiority as inferior thing, which subjectively is easily done, then become limited from that subjective freedom constancy to be the initial free still will, so reach the way of knowing its inferior reality to its own superior free means to focus on realizing a shape of as real, then by doing that realisation form it reach a sense of freedom positive superiority while still, that start to be its free wills constancy to realize as one superior subjective pleasures in doing nothing but through the powers of proving superiority being nothing while taking the superior freedom energy from

whatever u may say to those still awareness always wont matter on the contrary they will keep meaning to abuse it for knowledge positive ways to reach being superior powers still more

like saying, that superior free moves never mean its freedom while its freedom is always meaning truth rights first from what their freedom is true
so no freedom move mean being source of anything when only truth is in abstract terms the source of alright to any objective space existing or not

but the point u said is very much directed to the identification of true awareness reactions

when u see smthg, it is normal first to admit it existing by moving back free from it so realizing its existence and urs from one move while truth realize the common ground

a lot of awareness dont belong to this they stay still whatever they see and start to justify their constancy abstract growth by puting any objective below them as nothing and enjoying the positive subjective growth sense mean from certifying their superiority to it

the weakness of those in truth end that truth freedom reveal obviously in the world, is their total impotence to communicate even though they deal with everything and anything freedom constanty the most free

bc they stay the same still and all and any nothing while them superior constant

when awareness rights they become existing from constant more recognition of objective existence

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Don't say this is this or this is that. Just say this is, and let your mind wander freely through the fact of the existence of this.

This is.

Is this where I wander?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

You talk like a Jnani and I like that. Elaborately, what is your own definition of intelligence?

edit on 2-3-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

The dictionary says intelligence is the capacity for knowledge. I say it is the capacity of one's ability to define reality. Consciousness, at the root of all mental processes, is observed directly when one is not defining reality. But, the greater your intelligence, the greater your quality of consciousness.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The truth about consciousness is that there is only one. So by saying, "this is", you are identifying more closely with consciousness as it is (unbounded) rather than consciousness with limitations. Everything is internal.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The truth about consciousness is that there is only one. So by saying, "this is", you are identifying more closely with consciousness as it is (unbounded) rather than consciousness with limitations. Everything is internal.

Star

"This is", "I Am", "Is", "Am", "Be".......

Great guide posts, but dangerous to cling to. Oh how our minds love to analyze, compare, and judge! Understanding the formless without attributing form is a thin line to tip-toe where wisdom hides.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

i dont get it how u reach to blind ur sights to that extent of wills? how everything is internal when u have all before ur eyes independant of ur body clearly and mind and in colourful shapes that u cant miss to recognize

someones moved to recognize objective freedom standard without anything there pointing it, while u with all there pointing that fact of objective existence u still say, well all is internal, only bc deep down if u see smthg u mean immediately to eat it all
it is not ur fault u r as ur gods same, and always will b as they are from always them that
answer is from truth as the question is true

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

i dont get it how u reach to blind ur sights to that extent of wills? how everything is internal when u have all before ur eyes independant of ur body clearly and mind and in colourful shapes that u cant miss to recognize

By looking out, I look within. What made what's out there is what's in here. If I go to my inner most self, I go to yours. That from which we came is one so how can one exist outside of that?

Because all is one, you are within. Is it possible to say that your innermost self is outside? If you can't say it then how can I?

If I go within, all the way within, I go to the Earth that made me. So do you. Since that is where we go and that is what we are, then all is within.

Perceiving external reality is an illusion when even what is objective is subject to the subjective. Its not the other way around. So when I say, "I am", I'm really saying, "We are."

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

this is wrong totally

the plus is only what exist that is why objectively is only the most free superior object, but also free objects realities

u internally exist relatively since u r not free object, but internally ur relative existence is the plus u r only, so by considering out plus then u plus is out relatively in a way u can see so conceive to become of what realized positively alone

somthg should stop that mascarad, u keep meaning u as a we without any regard to existence rights, it is from my perspective all evil as impossible to b real, u r freely using words that cant belong to ur wills
i guess it introduces what will come next

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

this is wrong totally

the plus is only what exist that is why objectively is only the most free superior object, but also free objects realities

u internally exist relatively since u r not free object, but internally ur relative existence is the plus u r only, so by considering out plus then u plus is out relatively in a way u can see so conceive to become of what realized positively alone

somthg should stop that mascarad, u keep meaning u as a we without any regard to existence rights, it is from my perspective all evil as impossible to b real, u r freely using words that cant belong to ur wills
i guess it introduces what will come next

Because all is within and all is free, then I am freer than I alone could ever be. Without it being that way, then none of us would ever be free. Diversity is the source of imagination. Individual free wills strengthen imagination.
edit on 3-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

bc u is the plus free then else is free more and object is free more, from what u is free will not free fact already and u r a mortal so not recognized even as free right

why cant u recognize else freedom when u see it while meaning also urs?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"I am".... Says who?

"This is"... Says who?

I maybe.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join