It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about consciousness.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Is not the ability to say, "I am." It is the ability to say, "This is".

Conscious beings evolve from simple "I am" sayers to complex "This is" sayers.

The more intelligent you become, the more you become able to define what this is and the more you identify with the 'this is'.

So what is this? Its not as simple to answer as it may sound at first. What this is can only be fully described by saying, "this is this". When you see it that way, you let go of all pre-conceived definitions of what this is and you can finally see what this is for what it is. And only then can you see it for what it is. That's why what this is is consciousness. It is intelligence.

When you see that, you become free. You realize your place. It's not that you exist, it's that this exists. It's not all about you, it IS all about the all. So only when you begin to see the all can you ever know what it is all about.

Consciousness doesn't arise as an isolated phenomena. When consciousness emerges, it happens everywhere. That is because consciousness doesn't belong to you, it belongs to this.

Consciousness was the first cause for emerging life. To meet your maker, leave behind the suffering that "I am" brings, and see the mysteriousness of "This is".

Don't say this is this or this is that. Just say this is, and let your mind wander freely through the fact of the existence of this.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I am that I am.
I am is this.
This is/I am.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I am that I am.
I am is this.
This is/I am.

It is that truly, but not always seen as such.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Interesting, I can see the point you are trying to convey. I was thinking it all sounded a bit odd untill i finally just said in my head "this is" and acknowledged all that is. It is a hard point to put into words but I think you did it well. Another way of emphasising what you mean, and to also get a really wierd feeling is to imagine what if all of 'this' wasn't. Kind of a wierd thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acronychal
Interesting, I can see the point you are trying to convey. I was thinking it all sounded a bit odd untill i finally just said in my head "this is" and acknowledged all that is. It is a hard point to put into words but I think you did it well. Another way of emphasising what you mean, and to also get a really wierd feeling is to imagine what if all of 'this' wasn't. Kind of a wierd thought.

Yeah, that is a weird thought, one that I have entertained in the past, but only brought me suffering. Its the furthest thought from the truth as any thought can be. It quickly and unhealthily leads to apathy.

But yeah, you have to actually say it in your head to know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I am 12 and what is this

But seriously, "I am" and "This is" are merely means of separating yourself from the external environment...that which is not part of your living vessel. "I am" comes before "This is", I will agree with that. But 'complex' is hardly accurate in describing the advancement to "This is".

Differentiation and definition of external forms and stimuli is hardly a complex thing.

Besides, isn't complex subjective? Algebra is complex to a third grader, but is basic addition to a professor.
edit on CThursdayam272738f38America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I understand "I Am" and "This Is" to be expressing the same concept.

We are conceptualizing the pure state of being. The state of being free from judgement, comparison, or expectations. No assigned labels, attributes, stereotypes, or prejudices. No preconceptions or misconceptions. No attachments, past, or future.

The state of pure Being. Just Be. It Is, I Am, Be.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I must say that I think, believe and experience far more to consciousness than this simplicity. Surely it is more than I am and what is. For does not consciousness encompass also an ability to recognize more than what you are and what is at this moment, and therefore, create, imagine, etc.....If it did not, then every computational device that recognized its own existence, but not in relationship to anything else, or cause and effect or lack thereof, or even the idea that our imaginations are yet so limited we have no idea, as yet, what this is, or that it even is.
Consciousness, INMHO, is far more than the simplistic questions you propose to define what is, or "what am....:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

They are. But to some, they are not.
edit on 1-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I am 12 and what is this

But seriously, "I am" and "This is" are merely means of separating yourself from the external environment...that which is not part of your living vessel. "I am" comes before "This is", I will agree with that. But 'complex' is hardly accurate in describing the advancement to "This is".

Differentiation and definition of external forms and stimuli is hardly a complex thing.

Besides, isn't complex subjective? Algebra is complex to a third grader, but is basic addition to a professor.
edit on CThursdayam272738f38America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

The point is, when you say "this is", how well can you define what it is. That determines your intelligence. And the greater you are able to define what this is, the greater your quality of experiencing "the isness" without preconceptions.

What I'm saying is, a human saying, "this is" gets a deeper perception into what it is than a dog saying, "this is".

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

I must say that I think, believe and experience far more to consciousness than this simplicity. Surely it is more than I am and what is. For does not consciousness encompass also an ability to recognize more than what you are and what is at this moment, and therefore, create, imagine, etc.....If it did not, then every computational device that recognized its own existence, but not in relationship to anything else, or cause and effect or lack thereof, or even the idea that our imaginations are yet so limited we have no idea, as yet, what this is, or that it even is.
Consciousness, INMHO, is far more than the simplistic questions you propose to define what is, or "what am....:

I understand that. Consciousness, "This is", cannot be defined at all and still be recognized for what it is.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Anyone can say 'I am' and anyone can say 'this is'. The saying will not change anything, it is the knowing.
'I am' is knowing 'I am'. When I know I am and recognize I am and experience it, realize it only then everything changes.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Anyone can say 'I am' and anyone can say 'this is'. The saying will not change anything, it is the knowing.
'I am' is knowing 'I am'. When I know I am and recognize I am and experience it, realize it only then everything changes.

Say, "I am this and this is me" and know your self that way.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Know thyself.
It is impossible to know anything other than yourself. You will never experience anything but Self/Being.
There is no 'other' anything.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

To meet your maker, leave behind the suffering that "I am" brings, and see the mysteriousness of "This is"

We should not put too much significance or importance on catch phrases. Whether the phrase be "I Am", or "This Is", or "Be", or "As Within So Without".

Attributing form to the formless is corruption. Clinging to concepts or phrases causes indoctrination and sectarianism.

Concentrate on the pointing finger, and you lose sight of the moon to which the finger was pointing.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am is not any thing. But 'this' looks like something. Until I am is seen and known as nothing how can I be free?

I am 'not a thing' is wisdom. (the seer/knower)
I am 'this' is love. (what is seen/known)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I am is not any thing. But 'this' looks like something. Until I am is seen and known as nothing how can I be free?

Exactly. This is because this is what is seen.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Exactly. This is because this is what is seen.

I am just the feeling and belief of being, but this is what is felt and seen

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

of course not, u keep meaning being from knowledge while it is the mark of evil one, try honesty for a change once

knowledge is never true, what u know is relative to truth not ur free existence space, knowing a concept is the free sense back from knowledge

the difference between i am and this is, is all the difference between evil and truth for relative fact

i am must be relative while this is always through absolute objective terms

the i is what is the most back so the most close to absolute freedom of all existence and even true self known

there is always more freedom back and more existence realities in front

to prove how i am is relative always, so evil to think that it comes first

for me for instance, it was always clear that i dont have to define me bc me is only me
so if there are things or else i move a tip then it is me or not so it doesnt matter

it is a lie willed that image about i am to justify god one, it cant exist

the only of awareness reaction of self is from objective other self meaning u directly, which prove the most that even in such positive fact of being one it is absolutely relative to another one, while one in concept and fact is wrong

u should accept the truth

truth is absolute right of PLUS to exist anyways and to be free as it please

if u do from what u add objectively it is an absolute right and if u live from what u give it is an absolute right too

the absolute right of PLUS that became a concept clear in void truth, how it was void existence but also an absolute right of plus there, called existence freedom

what is plus is nothing to talk about, by definition it is an absolute right by fact it is an add so nothing really

one is absolute right concept that stop to b one by becoming objective truth of absolute existence freedom

plus is from positive superiority

positive is to absolute objective existence, as superiority left out of absolute object value right
and superiority is to absolute freedom, as positive fact object value from being always above nothing certainty constant

so objective is always first and last, freedom is the substance of truth as the plus absolute right

it starts from seeing objective fact and it ends from checking nothing in subject space, and the reverse is also right

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Then what's the purpose of this thread?

To clarify? To confuse? To mock? To entertain?

If you're acting like you're disagreeing, then coming out and saying "I both agree and disagree, but these are the same"...

...this is just confusing. Leave the definitions of the concepts be.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join