It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI: We're searching for interesting signals coming from the Kepler Field!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Will we find life on another planet? Intelligent Alien Civilization in Kepler System? There are good possibilities... according Official SETI Live website.

SETILive is taking the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) directly to you by presenting radio frequency signals LIVE from the SETI Institute's Allen Telescope Array (ATA) while it's pointed at stars that, based on Kepler exoplanet discoveries, have the best chances of being home to an alien civilization. We'll also be putting you "in the loop" where if enough of you see a potential extraterrestrial (ET) signal in the same data, then within minutes, the ATA will be interrupted and sent back to take a second look. The data you see will be from frequencies where human-made Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) crowds them and we believe the human eye will have a better chance than SETI's computer algorithms to find ET signals there.

A slow (very slow) official Disclosure incoming?
Really exciting times ahead!
Fast forward please...

edit on 1-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If you think about our history as a planet.

We were highly advanced at one point. Pyramids ect.

I'm sure other civilizations are in the same cycle.

What are the odds that two civilizations would be at the same point to actually send signals, at the same time, within the realm of actually picking it up.

You have to take into account the time radio signals are able to reach us.

Even if we are picking up signals from a distant solar system, trust me, they are long gone by now.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
we really don't know whats out there.

lets just hope that if something dangerous hears us, that something good and friendly and more advanced hears us too.

we are basically floating around in the ghetto screaming "hey! does anybody like my shoes?, do you wear the same shoes as me?"

somebody's gunna lose their shoes...

edit on 1-3-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This is great news, I'm in. It's nobel decision from SETI scientists.

Though SETI has an automated algorithm that can sift through much of the data recorded, some signals occupy a frequency band so crowded that it requires humans, and not computers, to sort through it. "The people that will do the best at this are going to be people whose pattern skills are such that they can ignore the bright pattern that's so easy to detect and look to see that there's something else there, something fainter, and see if they can in fact discover this needle that's buried under the hay."

space.com
Happy hunting... hope it's not take us to long to find something

edit on 1-3-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Even if we are picking up signals from a distant solar system, trust me, they are long gone by now.

Correct.

But do you know what huge revolution and change of paradigms this could mean?

Imagine this on your favourite MSM TV:
"BREAKING NEWS - SETI Discover ALIENS Signals coming from a distant Solar System.

WE ARE NOT ALONE!"

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I've already decoded these signals so tell them not to bother:

It says these idiot earthlings never learn and they are about to blow their own Planet to smithereens - well that's ok but they're not going to get the chance to impact our space and surrounding planets which will have a knock on effect around the Universe so just tell them we're on our way!

Oh and do it in the most simplest language possible because they're Thick! I think they still use Morse Code!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]=]

hopefully this isn't one of those stores that disappear after a few days.

EXTRA TERRESTIAL CONTACT

ETC

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The Bible doesn't speak about intelligent beings on other planets so I'm going to say no there isn't.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
The Bible doesn't speak about intelligent beings on other planets so I'm going to say no there isn't.

Provocation along sarcasam, right?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

If and that's a big if all the words of the bible are true. It does not mean there is no life on other planets. It just means that we will never be contacted by aliens or at least nothing of importance will happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The Bible doesn't speak about telephone, internet and Above Top Secret.com web site and all of its members, so I'm going to say no, You do not exist!

Sarcasm apart, the Bible is FULL of their presence... right among us....
Read the Bible in a different perspective....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Find your bible, turn to Genisis 6.1-2, it would say something like this:

When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown....

(Genesis 6:1-8 ESV)

www.esvbible.org...

your bible has aliens. at least thats how I read that

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

"BREAKING NEWS - SETI Discover ALIENS Signals coming from a distant Solar System.

WE ARE NOT ALONE!"

Source please!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

The Bible doesn't speak about intelligent beings on other planets

John 10:16.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Like there is something new to be find...

And OP, we already know that there is life on other planets, but what we don't know is, are there intelligent life forms somewhere in the Universe?

edit on 1-3-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

WE ARE NOT ALONE!"

Source please!
Pics or it didn't happen.

-saige-

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

At SETI there are a few things and people I do not understand...the possibillity of the unfriendly ET you mentioned is one of them. Why is it plausible to think that more technological advanced entities are friendly towards less technological advanced beings?

We humans are inclined to think that intelligent people are sophisticated and friendly while nature is teaching us that besides the odd serial-killer with genius level IQ survival of a species over an other species is just because of this advantage.

I agree, we are taking a big chance here and I must not think about the possibillity that the blame of extinction of the human species lies in a mis-calculation at SETI.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Will we find life on another planet? Intelligent Alien Civilization in Kepler System?
What is Kepler system?

Do you mean Kepler field?

This looks like an interesting project but I already ran setiathome on multiple computers for years. I'm a little surprised they can't program computers to do this, but, I'd have to look at it more closely to see why they can't. From some of the sample images, it looks like they should be able to do that.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I agree, we are taking a big chance here and I must not think about the possibillity that the blame of extinction of the human species lies in a mis-calculation at SETI.

we're just looking - and fishing - and I don't see that we're risking anything

if they're out there, and if they are advanced enough that they could actually make their way here for a visit - they're also advanced enough to know we're here with or without our attracting their attention on purpose

it's a done deal - if they're going to come - they're going to come

maybe we are doomed - the dodo birds were pretty much just sitting there minding their own business...

I'd like to believe an advanced race would be just that - advanced. But - I'd also like to believe in angels :-)

6 of one - half a dozen of the other - we stand a good chance of bringing about our own extinction. I for one would love to know if they're out there or not before we go

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Glad we've got that cleared up then

might as well shut this forum down then....right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join