It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI: We're searching for interesting signals coming from the Kepler Field!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
The Bible doesn't speak about intelligent beings on other planets so I'm going to say no there isn't.

Genesis 2:1-2 (NKJV)
1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

The heavens, and the earth, and the host of "them" were finished. Host, according to the Hebrew dictionary means "mass of persons". It also indicates created things as it relates to "them", that is, the heavens, and the earth.

See also Revelation 12:12 (NKJV)
12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

The key words here are "heavens" and "them". Then the inhabitants of the earth are warned.

edit on 1-3-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I understand, what you say is right. It can go both ways, all SETI does is speeding up towards the moment the coin will be flipped....will we live or will we die.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

SETI is a passive programme. It doesn't send out signals, it just uses radio telescopes to listen for signals that may be recognized as the products of intelligence. It's our early radio and TV transmissions, their wavefronts, now sixty or seventy light-years from Earth, that will betray us to to aliens.

I Love Lucy and the Jack Parr show will bring the sky down on our heads.

edit on 2/3/12 by Astyanax because: of a few superfluities.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Like there is something new to be find...

And OP, we already know that there is life on other planets, but what we don't know is, are there intelligent life forms somewhere in the Universe?

edit on 1-3-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

who already knows there is life on other planets? because im pretty sure no one knows this, the percentage that there is life i think is very high but we as a race do not actually know that there is life on other planets intelligent or not.

i think this is a great project that SETI is doing and hopefully they get some interesting findings. i think we should be checking are own neighborhood first like Europa and other moons before we check the rest of the cosmos, still interesting though if they find anything

top topics

<< 1   >>

join