It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy The Planet: Indian General Strike Targets The 1%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Indian General Strike by Special Correspondent Craig Boehman
Published: February 29, 2012

MUMBIA, India - Indian workers stepped to the forefront of the global battle against the avarice of predatory elites on Tuesday as more than 40 million participated in one of the largest general strikes in human history.

The 99% sent a message to India's self-appointed business and political aristocracy as they demanded a minimum wage, permanent jobs for 50 million contract workers with virtually no job security, regulation of runaway living costs, and a halt to the sale of stakes in profitable public companies to the 1%. Commerce ground to a halt in entire regions of the world's second-most populous nation as organized labor funneled populist anger into a show of support for true democracy.

"The realization has dawned, albeit a little late, that leaving aside our political ideologies and narrow considerations the time is ripe for all the unions in the country to wage a joint struggle," Nadkarni said. "We have to fight against the powers to be for the emancipation of the downtrodden and fulfillment of the workers' rights."
"The issues (are) common to the entire working class," Nadkarni said. "Prices, particularly food prices, have been galloping over the past months. Labor is sought to be marginalized and permanent jobs are being replaced with contractual jobs. Wages are not commensurate with the work extracted. Social security for all workers still remains a distant dream."

I applaud the Indian's for standing up for their rights. I really would love it if we could have a global revolution but the only way that I can see that happening is if it starts in one place and spreads across the globe like a wild fire. We need to fight for our freedom & rights before they are all taken away from us.

We have the resources to create better means for energy, water &some Wardenclyffe Towers (Tesla Towers) for starters would go a long way in creating energy that sustain us in ways that our governments have been keeping hidden from us.

Our Governments have kept us dumbed down & slowed our advances in becoming a level 1 civilization. We have the resources to end world hunger, create energy & create a world where everyone's basic needs for survival are met.

It is time we stand up for ourselves and say "Screw you, U.S Gov & all other Gov, you've been selfishly manipulating everything to get more money & power, enough is enough"

What do you think of India's protest, other protests going on globally and locally?

(sorry if this article has been posted else where, I did search first)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You know, I think this is a bigger deal than it might seem to most of us in the world. I totally support people standing up for their own dignity and fighting the rampant corruption in the world, but it means a lot more when it's people from India. Given their cultural and religious beliefs, they have sort of accepted the caste system and their position in life. To overcome these deeply entrenched beliefs is significant.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I appreciate them standing up and saying something about conditions there. Afterall, there are reasons why American companies outsource there and move jobs there. It sure isn't for the great benefits the local population gets from it.

At the same time....can they please..Oh please please...find some OTHER time to DO this?? India is basically the border where stability and sanity begins at the moment considering everything to their WEST. Pretty much all the way to the Atlantic Ocean, if you look at a map and think about it. I'd really really love them if they wouldn't destabilize their nation at THIS particular moment in time and history.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The greedy corrupt fat-cat 1% HATE anything that stands in the way of them RAPING the average person... hence the reason they DESPISE such things like unions, workers rights, fair pay, and minimum wage for example. (Sounds FRIGHTENINGLY IDENTICAL to the hates of CONservatives in America. Hmmm, whose in WHOSE pockets??!!)

Good to see folks FIGHTING for the COMMON worker to have a decent CHANCE in having a life for their SLAVING and exploitations by the fat-cats who can NEVER have enough!!
edit on 29-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

At the same time....can they please..Oh please please...find some OTHER time to DO this?? India is basically the border where stability and sanity begins at the moment considering everything to their WEST. Pretty much all the way to the Atlantic Ocean, if you look at a map and think about it. I'd really really love them if they wouldn't destabilize their nation at THIS particular moment in time and history.

Um, let me see if I can recall where I might have heard this before. Hmmm. Oh yes, the old " not here not now".
The plantive cry of endangered bird of wealth. Oh and with a touch of existential sanity/insanity delima thrown in.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Wow 40 million people! That is off the charts!

Contrary to popular belief, I think this is an amazing time to be alive.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well, if I'm wealthy then please guide me to the riches. I seem to have misplaced them on a permanent basis.

Seriously though, India is another 1.2 BILLION people in population and they have nuclear weapons. I'd just love to see them be the eastern end of World War III, not another participant in it. It may already blow sky high from Pakistan on across.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Well, if I'm wealthy then please guide me to the riches. I seem to have misplaced them on a permanent basis
Defending the path to riches does not necessarily lead to riches. Most time that defense recieves the defenders pittance. You are not alone.

Certainly your argument needs to be taken into account in interpreting our present geo-political connundrums but only in light of understanding that, that very same argument has been used over and over now for centuries to dissuade the demands for freedom and equality.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Something wonderful is going to happen...

The only ominous thing is the newscaster talking about a full scale military alert!
Worries aside, I believe the third world is not going to take a beating like the 1% thought it would. Should they go look for the next population to exploit? Can they take even more bad PR for themselves? Oh the joy of watching human kind join together in a nation against tyranny, only to be swiftly followed across the globe. Give us what we want, it is mankind's turn now.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I appreciate them standing up and saying something about conditions there. Afterall, there are reasons why American companies outsource there and move jobs there. It sure isn't for the great benefits the local population gets from it.

Sorry if fighting for their rights to a better life is an inconvenience to you. That's the problem with most of society, we are too damn comfortable being treated like crap from our governments because "it's not so bad". They are slowly getting rid of our basic rights to life and yet we still do nothing because we are lazy and blindly allowing this rape of our rights to happen. We all talk about the stuff happening but no one has the balls to stand up and say enough is enough. It really is disgusting to see how lazy and accustomed the the political b.s that is getting worse and worse by the day. We don't care about where this is all leading, as long as it doesn't inconvenience us and we don't have to do anything.
I keep learning about ways to better our way of living, globally and I hate that our governments have not capitalized on & instead keep quite or make near impossible to be implemented all in the name of more money and more power & we let them do it. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012
You know, I think this is a bigger deal than it might seem to most of us in the world. I totally support people standing up for their own dignity and fighting the rampant corruption in the world, but it means a lot more when it's people from India. Given their cultural and religious beliefs, they have sort of accepted the caste system and their position in life. To overcome these deeply entrenched beliefs is significant.

We too have accepted the ways our governments have lead us & the position in life it has/had lead us. It should be just as big of a deal for us to liberate ourselves from the restraints that our governments, especially the US Government, has imposed on us.
Instead we do nothing as more and more of our rights and freedoms get taken away. Too many of us think that we are good with how things are and blindly ignore all the ways that would massively improve on the entire world's way of living because our governments have kept us dumb and afraid.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Wrabbit was talking about global stability, not maintaining his own personal status quo in society. In that sense he has a valid argument to make.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Wrabbit was talking about global stability, not maintaining his own personal status quo in society. In that sense he has a valid argument to make.

We need a global revolution to happen, there is nothing stable anywhere and the governments have made it that way. Why, I don't fully know & it does frighten me to think about why they are doing the things they are but in the end we need to stop letting them manipulate and hold back society as a whole. Everything needs to be redone. There will always be instability some where until we take control back.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Great, the people in India really need this. Hopefully this will push that backward caste systems of them straight to hell.

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

At the same time....can they please..Oh please please...find some OTHER time to DO this??

What an asinine statement. Insane really...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

There is a distinct possibility of a war starting between Israel and Iran any time now. Syria and the rest of the world, also, any time now...and instability to the point of possible conflict in a number of nations, all on a short fuse. This isn't a global revolution we're seeing. That is somewhat absurd, because there are simply too many competing interests and agendas at work. That is just what we can see out here in the public. It's hard to argue that there are multiple agendas we can't see, as we DO see the results of them in events around the world.

Now, if all this blows up, we're likely to see more civilians die in a matter of days than died across all the bloody years of World War II. Such is the horror of modern warfare if *TOTAL* war is fought.

So how many dead is enough? SO many are almost gleeful at the prospect of collapse and/or revolution to the destruction of Government with no inkling of what could replace it. This is a 100% sure fire way to millions of dead, innocent people.

It would be nice if India didn't lose millions or 10's or millions in a side war running with their dire enemy, Pakistan. Instability in India, ESPECIALLY right now is 100% bad. There just is no upside. Not when everything is about to turn to regional, if not world war. Just how many dead is enough?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

There is a distinct possibility of a war starting between Israel and Iran any time now.

No there isn't.

That is somewhat absurd, because there are simply too many competing interests and agendas at work.

In your opinion. In my opinion there is 7 billion of us on this planet and close to 7 billion are not getting what they deserve.

Now, if all this blows up, we're likely to see more civilians die in a matter of days than died across all the bloody years of World War II.

No, because these people are not standing up as 40 million to start in-fighting, they are standing up as 40 million TOGETHER to go after those that do not even number a hundred thousand in total, whom are supposedly self-elected and who regulate the lives of millions of people they see lower as themselves because of whatever retarded part of religion or say...the caste system.

So how many dead is enough?

I don't even understand how you get from 40 million protesting in India to "how many dead is enough''. It's borderline retarded.

SO many are almost gleeful at the prospect of collapse and/or revolution to the destruction of Government with no inkling of what could replace it.

This is also borderline retarded with a dash of stockholm syndrome. Hmmm, lets see...we have a system with a bunch of corrupt bastards at the top...I wonder what would happen if we would kick those corrupt bastards out...would the system collapse? Logic dictates no, because corruption will disappear, not increase when you are getting rid of corruption.

This is a 100% sure fire way to millions of dead, innocent people.

The trade off being a life as a glorified slave. Hmmmm, have you EVER opened up a history book? What do you think the people will pick? Servitude or a chance at freedom?

It would be nice if India didn't lose millions or 10's or millions in a side war running with their dire enemy, Pakistan.

WHAT? You don't seem to understand...those 40 million in India...they are not the government. So if you would fairly approach this issue you would state that there is a chance for a similar uprising in Pakistan. Instead of war...

Instability in India, ESPECIALLY right now is 100% bad. There just is no upside. Not when everything is about to turn to regional, if not world war.

Instability anywhere is BAD. I guess it's only good if you can make use out of it...right? Guess what those 40 million are protesting? Do you not feel any fear, as you talk down about the cry for a dignified life of the people, when you see that people worldwide are getting up, with the numbers increasing by the day?

Just how many dead is enough?

???? Where did people die outside of your assumption of a India-Pakistan war ????

Oh I see, just regular tactics and attempts at undermining ''Occupy''.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

matter of days? matter of hours.You haven't considered the biological component of WMD.Yes the indian admin is loaded with fools and nincompoop.

You should their Lok Sabha sessions lol you will know how pathetic their governance is.
But on the plus side their govt isn't staffed with satanists and masons,with the exception of kingpin Sonia Gandhi who has some links to mason organizations.

edit on 1-3-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

This won't happen unless Buddhism,christianity,islam or sikhism replaces hinduism.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

limited war b/w Israel and Iran is possible.But there is greater probability of total war between Russia and parts of NATO if my russian friend's military links are right.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

limited war b/w Israel and Iran is possible.

No it's not. Since America will not aid Israel, Israel won't attack. Yes, Israeli representatives have big words about not needing help - but that's just political rethoric. Just like there is political rethoric from Iran, big words no cajones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join