It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Ramen Noodle Beef Stroganoff for one :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I made this for lunch and it was delicious!

Ramen noodles are great because you can add just about anything you want to them to make a pretty decent meal if you are on a budget, cook for one or just want to try something new. You can get a 5 pack of ramen noodles at most stores for a buck! That is 5 meals! You can't even get a candy bar for a buck anymore
or even a bottle of water.

Mblah's Ramen Noodle Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients
one pack beef ramen noodles (cooked by package instructions)
3-4 spoon fulls sour cream (I like a lot of sour cream)
2 small squirts mustard (doesn't matter type)
pepper/salt
diced mushrooms about 1 tbs full (I always have canned mushrooms on hand for this purpose and keep some in the fridge in tupperware for cooking)
one shake of worchestshire sauce
1 big spoonful cream of mushroom soup

directions
Cook ramen noodles according to package. Mix all ingredients with cooked ramen and stir til mixed. You can add the ingredients to the noodles as they cook if you want. It doesn't matter. Once all ingredients are mixed, serve

Somethings I like to keep on hand are cream of soups, condensed soups, canned mushrooms, sour cream. I always have these items in my kitchen. They are inexpensive and can be used in many different things. I do get sour cream from our Dollar Tree and it's pretty darn good and only a buck. I also like to keep one can of each item opened in the fridge in a container. I am always adding something to what I'm cooking and not everything requires an entire a can of something so I try to keep it and use it later in the week so it doesn't go to waste.

So this was my quick, easy and affordable version of beef stroganoff.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Your body is like a Ferrari if you put crappy gas in it, it will not run to its full potential.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Your body is like a Ferrari if you put crappy gas in it, it will not run to its full potential.

Do you have ANYTHING remotely interesting or that makes sense to add?

Im not in the mood for people like you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

A very economical and tasty recipe! I was thinking too that a good variation on your recipe would be to buy the chicken flavor Ramen noodles, add a baked piece of chiken and then the cream of mushroom soup. Or a person could buy the shrimp flavor add some canned shrimp etc.

Put these recipes with a green salad and a glass of milk....dinner!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That sounds yummy. I love noodles. When I lived in a flat with chinese students we lived on them.

One favourite quickie was noodles with a pinch of garlic, pepper, and soy sauce for flavouring, then we'd add chopped ham, sweetcorn, any lettuce or chinese leaf and throw a fried egg on the top. The noodles were very wet so it would end up sort of soupy. You can add any leftover from the fridge but the egg is a must.

Starving now. I'm still on that diet.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Oh milk! I love milk. lol I always have milk with my meals

I sometimes make steamed veggies but I need to get some new ones tomorrow, the day the produce man shows up
so they will be new and at their freshest. I usually diced 1-2 tomatoes and put them in a container in the fridge so they are easily available for eggs or other meals throughout the week.

I get bored with the same old stuff and making things from scratch all the time gets time consuming and expensive. I don't always want to cook everything for hours lol

Ramen noodles are great. I have done what you have mentioned with both. For the chicken I added a few scoops of the soup, a piece of chicken cut up andI added some left over carrots I had. It was actually pretty good!

The shrimp one is good as well. I was thinking of making that with some salad shrimp that I can also get at the dollar store for a buck in the frozen section. Add some old bay, just a little to the shrimp.

I try and use up all ingredients like soups I open in various meals throughout the week so nothing i use goes to waste. That is one reason I started getting small containers to keep soups and stuff in.

Now I'm hungry again!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

That sounds pretty good. I'll have to try this sometime

When I make my noodles I always cook the noodles without the flavor packet. I add whatever amount of liquid I want to the noodles once they are cooked then I add the flavor packet. So you can control how "soupy" it gets, just use less water and see if that works.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Good idea with the sour cream. Ramen noodles are the cheapest, quickest, tastiest, and fillingest filler food I know of. I keep a stack of ramen noodle packs in the cabinet for those "no-bother" single meals. I drain the noodles then add soy sauce or maybe use part of the flavor packet. I usually have a stir-fry of some sort to put on top, then a couple shrimps or a few slices of some roasted meat will top that off very nicely. Just about anything goes and it truly is a complete and nutritious 5-minute meal.

It was just over a week ago I made some quick chunky hamburger gravy to top it for the first time. It turned out well and I figured I would do something like that again soon. Glad you mentioned the sour cream.

edit on 2-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Very delicious sounding...

one question please...

are you using the poison packet that comes with the ramen?

i always throw that away and add things to mine too..

great idea!!

top topics

join