It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
reply to post by newcovenant

I honestly don't care what your position is on the matter I am just suggesting you need a better argument.
Your comparison to a kid growing up and attacking their parents probably does your argument a disservice even more so.
It almost puts it into the absurd.

Oh that breaks my heart. I am suggesting I don't need anything.

I am suggesting you need a better reason to enter a woman's womb and determine what goes on in there.

You want to stop abortion but you are OK with the mass murder of fully developed living human beings.

What could be more absurd than that?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by AuranVector

"ancient occult law",

You don't know do you, you really don't, let's err on the side of caution though and say that it exists before the first breath is taken

Laugh away. I stand by my statement: the soul enters the body with the first breath.
The soul leaves the body with the last breath.

Abortion is NOT murder. And is preferable to seeing a baby born into hellish conditions -- where the child/person will die by inches.

It appears that staunch anti-abortion types have no interest in providing quality of life to unwanted babies that didn't have to be born.

Abortion is preferable to waiting until the baby is born and then killing it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

The soul does NOT enter the baby until the baby takes its first breath.
This is ancient occult law.

I don't believe everything I'm told.

I felt each of my 3 son's consciousness before the third month.

That's because the soul is called upon the moment of conception. The soul hovers about the mother before the baby is born. As soon as the baby draws its first breath, the soul enters the physical body.

The soul pre-exists birth.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by blueorder

"ancient occult law",

You don't know do you, you really don't, let's err on the side of caution though and say that it exists before the first breath is taken

Laugh away. I stand by my statement: the soul enters the body with the first breath.

Abortion is NOT murder. And is preferable to seeing a baby born into hellish conditions -- where the child/person will die by inches.

It appears that staunch anti-abortion types have no interest in providing quality of life to unwanted babies that didn't have to be born.

Abortion is preferable to waiting until the baby is born and then killing it.

life don't come with guarantees, but it is still life- not murder, you see?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Folks - when it comes to the issue of assigning personhood to a fetus, the opposition does not care nor want to hear any opposing arguments. I have been told that by posters here promoting their side and here is Rush Limbaugh and Darrell Issa doing the same thing.

Rush Limbaugh: Sandra Fluke, Woman Denied Right To Speak At Contraception Hearing, A 'Slut'

Rush Limbaugh called the woman who was denied the right to speak at a controversial contraception hearing a "slut" on Wednesday.

Sandra Fluke, a student at Georgetown Law School, was supposed to be the Democratic witness at a Congressional hearing about the Obama administration's contraception policy.

However, Darrell Issa, the committee chair at the hearing, prevented her from speaking, while only allowing a series of men to testify about the policy.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

No I don't see it.
What I see is children getting sold and trafficked and abandoned. What I see is children born to people who have no business caring for a life as they cannot care for themselves and I see horrible things happening to those children as evidenced by FL child welfare services. Every time I read these horror stories and trust me you do not want me to elaborate on what happens to some of these toddlers... I wish that woman had access to either abortion or better yet...B/C pills.

Unfortunately the same people who are opposed to one are opposed to the other.
edit on 1-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

In hypnotic regression, people have remembered their conception.

All this is speculation.

Sorry, you do not know for sure, you do not have all wisdom and power.

We're quibbling over when the soul enters.

I have been in nursing and felt a stillborn fetus's soul lift off.

Have you?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Crazy morals those 'experts' have. People think Sheldon from TBBT is weird, but those guys are creeps.

Everytime I see my best friends new born son I feel warmth.

They're not experts, just life's outcasts.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Of course abortion is murder.

Anytime you intentionally cut off the process of life, that's murder. Whether it occurs 1 month after conception or at the age of 30.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I get really tired of people using the argument "What if the woman is raped?" I did a paper on abortion and abortions because of rape account for less than 1% of all abortions done.

I also grow weary of the argument "Its a woman's right what she does with her body." Yes, it is. Its her right to either A) not sleep around or B) use one of the very numerous forms of birth control available. In this day and age when you can run to the pharmacy 72 hours after unprotected sex and use a morning after pill, there is no reason abortion should even be needed.

Seeing as the majority of abortions are from women in their 20's its inexcusable to say they aren't responsible for taking some type of contraception.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Since when has it ever been the choice of the parents? They are only there to bring about the child........not say whether it lives or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I remember taking a really snug dark warm red glow, type of place, (this began at around 2 in a series of dreams and daytime memories when seeking where I came from in my heart. My dad was a teacher and science specialty so talked alot about evolution and jungles and I thought about things alot) so as a fetus/baby must have been a little bigger. However, from the research it always seems consciousness and brain waves are picked up earlier and earlier, last thing I read maybe 8 weeks. So the window is really small.

It may be that abortion should be reserved for children who are too young to give birth, and incest rapes, but then you can't go to court to prove that, it has to be done quick. So the earlier the time, and freed up for all, the better.

I also believe if there is no traumatic later stage abortion, ie what they do to babies that could be born is horrendous. Its like Satanic rituals. But, in the early stages its more like a miscarriage.

Now, if a soul is meant to return to that family, ie its from the mothers family or this is arranged, then I believe better circumstances will be prepared and the soul will enter in later.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Rapes, Incests, and heavy Mental retardedness is ok inmy book for abortion.

What is not is "oops. forgot my pill", "..was too drunk" "screw condems, we can always abort"

Abortion is becoming so casual it disgusts me.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I am not anti-abortion, however, I just wanted to let you know that your baby-parasite analogy was the sickest thing I've heard in a long time.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Speak for yourself on who seems to care about adults being murdered. I phoned the crisis line when they started bombing civilians in Afghanistan and spent many sleepless nights going through every murder or horrendous thing that happened even to whole families on the news, (and the times I got mad at God and quit , refused to take another step in earth school for it is against everything I believe in, were all about others being harmed) reliving it from each persons position, holding candles to each and every one of them, and asking my parents to turn off the news, because I can't take this world and can't take this. And they just said, stop doing that. And I said, how can you turn off that, how can anyone not do this? How? That would be stop feeling and having compassion? Impossible.

The only news I get is stories from other and forums.

And hold the world and everyone in prayers, nearly every day. I'm waiting for what I've been shown, cosmic arrest teams, its all over, the people aren't judged and get a better way to learn. They all choose it quickly when they start to remember, and all are going to wake up. But the school board of trustees, they need some work, some healing detention centers. They stole the upgrades for the planet and are trying to fail all the students and this living library was not their to begin with, so their destruction of it is violating all real cosmic laws, not their used cars salesman version.

The cosmos can be a mirror. If you work overtime to entrap students, and hand them over to your contracts made with dark entities, and greed motivates you to destroy life and nature, and steal the progression for the whole human race, well, the universe sails in and uses entrapment on you. TPTB, and I hope they're paying attention, really need to make some big U-Turns.
edit on 1-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Folks - when it comes to the issue of assigning personhood to a fetus, the opposition does not care nor want to hear any opposing arguments. I have been told that by posters here promoting their side and here is Rush Limbaugh and Darrell Issa doing the same thing.

Rush Limbaugh: Sandra Fluke, Woman Denied Right To Speak At Contraception Hearing, A 'Slut'

Rush Limbaugh called the woman who was denied the right to speak at a controversial contraception hearing a "slut" on Wednesday.

Sandra Fluke, a student at Georgetown Law School, was supposed to be the Democratic witness at a Congressional hearing about the Obama administration's contraception policy.

However, Darrell Issa, the committee chair at the hearing, prevented her from speaking, while only allowing a series of men to testify about the policy.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

It sounds like there's a good reason I have never listened to Limbaugh.
No women there to give testimony? Darrell Issa sounds like a jerk.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

In hypnotic regression, people have remembered their conception.

All this is speculation.

Sorry, you do not know for sure, you do not have all wisdom and power.

We're quibbling over when the soul enters.

I have been in nursing and felt a stillborn fetus's soul lift off.

Have you?

It's not speculation in my book. This Universe operates under certain laws. I trust certain teachers and my own gut. I never said I had all wisdom & power.

And the instances you mention can be explained by the soul being called at the moment of conception and hovering around the mother:

1.) "In hypnotic regression, people have remembered their conception." That was the call.

2.) "I have been in nursing and felt a stillborn fetus's soul lift off." The soul would leave because the body cannot be inhabited.

The soul enters the body with the baby's first breath.
The soul leaves the body with its last breath.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The American Taliban strikes again. The "expert" was actually pretty easy to blow off. All you religious nutjobs that need me to adhere to what you think your god wants in America scare me way more.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have no real comment im just shocked so F*** these docters for what they are saying an F*** pro abortionists

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am pro choice and passionately hate the anti-abortionist illogic. I appreciate the logic of this article, though it is harder to stomach and I'm certainly not comfortable with it. I am not sure that society is mature enough for this debate as yet - it needs to happen; but when people are still debating souls and god (both are bs), then there is no way we can debate this topic with the careful logic it needs.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join