It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa = God/God = Santa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Has anyone else thought of this? Apparently there is a man who we tell children is watching them even while they are sleeping, and knows if they are bad or good. If they are good they are rewarded at the end of the year with gifts. Similar to something else I've heard. There also is a man in the sky who watches every move we make, and knows when we are bad or good, and if we are good, maybe we are awarded at the end of life. Just a thought. Seems like the whole Santa fable is a version of 'control' just for children. If a child is bad and thinks santa wont get them what they want, they will straighten up(supposedly). They are also more likely to do what they are supposed to just because there is a man in a red suit watching everything they do, and they want presents. Now we have this God figure, and people fear hell, and some fear "Him," and it affects the choices they make, just like Santa influences some choices made by children.

The entire 'be good because you are being watched always and you could go to hell' theory has worked well over the years as a scare tactic. People often will second guess things just because of their beliefs, and they go along with what is the 'right' decision not because that's what they really want to do, they do it because they want the 'gift' at the end, and fear being sent to a lake of fire for all eternity by the God that loves everyone so much.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
the holy nikolaus was a human being that had a special destiny and spirituality. he was named holy by the roman church long after he was dead, because of wonders he was able to create.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
And don't forget, naughty children receive lumps of coal. How was coal typically used in the past? It was burned.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
the holy nikolaus was a human being that had a special destiny and spirituality. he was named holy by the roman church long after he was dead, because of wonders he was able to create.

The Roman Catholic Church claiming someone to be holy means absolutely nothing to me, looking at the history of the organization I'd actually be upset if I were jolly St. Nick.

He was considered holy for whatever it is he did, which is sad, because Nikola Tesla most likely did much more amazing things, and he got screwed...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
And don't forget, naughty children receive lumps of coal. How was coal typically used in the past? It was burned.

Ah, you beat me to that one XD.

reply to post by SGTSECRET

The 'parallel plot', so to speak, is definitely there. I think that your theory would actually make an interesting novel or film. =)

~V

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Just DON'T rearrange those letters

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, the myth of santa has been traced to Shamen of the nomadic tribes that inhabit Northern Europe.

Link

Don't have time to do an indepth post, but the origins of Santa are pretty interesting, and predate Xtianity.

On topic, I think that it is ok to tell children about Santa, it gives a bit of magic to the kids lives while they are young.
But, the important part, imo, is that as the child gets older, they use rational thought to work out that it's fiction, unlike the god myth, that unfortunately too many rational adults still buy into.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

to create wonders is not a human ability, it is a gift by spiritual beings.

if the ideas of nicola tesla would have become real, we would probably all die of cancer. the energy transmitting through air or ether would have had a such big amount of electomagnetic "smog" as a consequence. army people that work long time at radar stations have much more risk to get cancer.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

How is a "Wonder" classed?
What is a "Wonder"?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

if the ideas of nicola tesla would have become real, we would probably all die of cancer. the energy transmitting through air or ether would have had a such big amount of electomagnetic "smog" as a consequence. army people that work long time at radar stations have much more risk to get cancer.

please everyone give a round of applause for a Nobel Prize winner - IcePacker!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by scepticalpuppy
Just DON'T rearrange those letters

Tasna?

Oh, Satan

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

the roman catholic church has rules that have to be fullfilled to become a holy person.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

nicola tessler fan ?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
these things, with santa claus and his little helpers ( in german its "knecht ruprecht" an evil punisher, if misbehaved) or god satan or the shepherd and his herding dog are concepts and two parts of the same thing. the universal force or drive that created the world and decides over human fates.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The origins of Santa or the origins of whatever God you want to bring up mean very little here. I was pointing out the similarity between the two as in 'you better be good or else,' regarding an imaginary being keeping a constant eye on you. Santa works for children, God works for grown ups, Santa is a myth...God is a _ _ _ _

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

why the aggression ? you are conditioned by non-human beings, your spirit guide, guardian angel or whatever you call it. this "force" will decide your destiny. if you are angry or sad, it is not your responsibility, its luck or bad luck, conditioned by powers beyond our imagination.
"you better be good or else" was or is a necessity for the conservation of the species human to get order into chaos.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

The origins of Santa or the origins of whatever God you want to bring up mean very little here. I was pointing out the similarity between the two as in 'you better be good or else,' regarding an imaginary being keeping a constant eye on you. Santa works for children, God works for grown ups, Santa is a myth...God is a _ _ _ _

I totally agree with you, did you read my entire post?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Yes, I did. You wanted to create an in depth post about where Santa came from, even posted a link about it. Then you said you believe santa and god are a myth. I read it, and you wanted to go into where he came from, which means nothing. I'm sure in all types of cultures there's some story stating "you better be good or the boogeyman will get you." So the history of Santa to me doesn't mean much, in my opinion it's just another story to keep people behaving in a socially acceptable manner.

It should not take some imaginary character in your life to cause you to be a good person. No Santa, no God, only you and your decisions.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

Yes, I did. You wanted to create an in depth post about where Santa came from, even posted a link about it. Then you said you believe santa and god are a myth. I read it, and you wanted to go into where he came from, which means nothing. I'm sure in all types of cultures there's some story stating "you better be good or the boogeyman will get you." So the history of Santa to me doesn't mean much, in my opinion it's just another story to keep people behaving in a socially acceptable manner.

It should not take some imaginary character in your life to cause you to be a good person. No Santa, no God, only you and your decisions.

I only mentioned that the santa myth was not a xtian creation, and the whole St Nick part came after.
I mentioned that to stop the xtian contingent from claiming it for their own.
It was partially off topic, but this is a forum where information posted is not purely for the OP.
The rest of my post was "On Topic".
If you get snotty with people that agree with your point, I'm interested to see how you react to those that disagree.

Laters.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

why the aggression ? you are conditioned by non-human beings, your spirit guide, guardian angel or whatever you call it. this "force" will decide your destiny. if you are angry or sad, it is not your responsibility, its luck or bad luck, conditioned by powers beyond our imagination.
"you better be good or else" was or is a necessity for the conservation of the species human to get order into chaos.

It is not a necessity for the conservation of the human species. Are other living things on this planet dying out because they haven't been able to create order out of chaos? We have instincts, needs, and wants just like other living things that we claim to be wild. We create order out of chaos based on lies, and if you have to base it on imaginary beings watching over you, than obviously we aren't that far evolved yet to just relax and treat eachother and the earth the way it should be treated. If it takes lies, no matter what the lie is, it is wrong. Whatever right decision you were trying to make to please this lie is than hollow, deceptive, and flat out against your true human nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join