It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tap Water on Fire !! Very Scary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Now its getting really scary
that kind of water can give you cancer

Im asking everyone to experiment your water at home with a lighter
i would have never though of doing this to my water before watching this

What do they add to the water ? except from fluoride
Do they add this intentionaly ??
i though the water was all filtered
pretty sure government buildings dont have that issue

What do you think ?

edit on 2/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I would be surprised if this were ordinary tap water from a municipal source; more likely it is water from wells that have been infiltrated by fracking freed gases and chemicals. Of course, the oil companies want to do a lot more studies, probably for years on end, as they say its not their fault! But the dots seem pretty easy to connect if you ask me! I live not too far from Pavillion, Wyoming, and that place is having a lot of problems, but you know what they say... Money Talks! And these days, probably buys elections with Superpacs!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Natural gas (methane) can give you cancer?
I guess I'll stay away from Taco Bell.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah I saw one of these videos a few months ago and didn't really think it was real... but now with all these videos it's clear that this is real. From some of the comments on the youtube videos it appears this is caused by fracking.

edit on 29-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

hey Phage

What else can you have by drinking this nasty water
that already contain fluoride

certainly not something good
edit on 2/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Any fluoride in the water I drink comes from mother Earth. Nothing added where I live.

If there is methane in the ground there will be methane in the ground water.

The USGS is investigating methane in ground water and the long-term effects of coal-bed-methane development. Recent development of methane from coal beds in the Animas River Valley of the San Juan Basin has caused public concern about the possibility of increasing concentrations of natural gas in domestic water supplies. The occurrence of natural gas in domestic wells and water supplies in places presents a safety hazard. The USGS, in cooperation with the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, La Plata County, and the Southern Ute Tribe, has studied the occurrence of natural gas in near-surface ground water in the area. A report published by the USGS documented the presence of methane in 70 of the 205 wells sampled and identified potential sources of gases in water, soil, and gas-well surface casings.

water.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have been drinking more water from bottles lately
there is always a weird taste in my tap water most of the time ..
it also appear to be yellow-ish ..

the only time i drink that water is when i do some ice T in a big jar
and brush my teeth

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I don't drink water (straight) all that often. But when I do my tap water tastes fine (it is very clear) and it makes very good coffee.

edit on 2/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is old, old news...

Even had a documentary made about it a couple of years ago.

Give me a few minutes to try and look it up.

Star to you for posting.

Edit: It's called "Gasland" by Josh Fox.

It's a really good watch. A lot of the flaming faucets on Videos come from or were used in his documentary on top of many other troves of information.
edit on 29-2-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Ya know CSI Las Vegas just did an episode on this... fracking caused the ground to break up and allow natural gas to get into the water... but worse than that, the fracking fluids which contain some nasty stuff

EPA pressured to make gas companies reveal fracking fluid contents

Both parties have cited instances of fracking fluid chemicals finding their way into groundwater and contaminating the drinking-water reserve.

www.fondriest.com...

But go ahead Mr Knowitall, have your fun

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is extremely dangerous
i guess the government is not in a hurry to fix those the toxic leaks
to avoid causing harm

We are paying tax for what ? only wars
the road and the pipes are so much deteriorating
it will be even more disastrous to repair and will cost billions

but nooo .. those billions are probably going for Israel
they dont care about americans health

XL5

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I think that any one with this fire water should distill it and mod a car engine to run on it. Then they will fix the problem, just like when big stores throw out returns and bar any employees or otherwise from having it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I say they should cap their wells and connect it to the furnace. Free heating anyone? If it's at all possible of courses. But there's probably a law against it anyway.

Not too far from where I live there's a natural spring that leaks gas. It's been like that for the better part of 60 years. My grand dad told me about it when I was a kid. My father took me there a couple of years later when I wouldn't believe them. It's pretty neet to have that accuring naturaly. But fraking...totaly unethical.

edit on 29-2-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is from his well. Anyone on a well with a rotten eqq smell to the water, has H2S (hydrogen sulfied), which is flamable. I can light the raw water from my well before it is treated.

Nothing new, they are trying to blame fracking.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow Just tested mine I'm clean. WOW that is fcking scary.

Hows that government looking out for you people.

You have now rights to clean water.

Or do you.

WOW

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ya know CSI Las Vegas just did an episode on this

Oooo. It was on CSI so it must be real. That's all right, you're not alone.
truthinjustice.org...

Yes, I know natural gas gets into well water and fracking is not the only thing that may cause it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People have to understand water supplies before making statements such as light your water before you use it.
The majority of people are on public water which is highly regulated.

There are private water supplies and public water supplies. Private water supplies come from wells. Either private wells or community wells.
How well those are regulated depends on the area.

Depending on the geology of the ground where the wells are at, I would guess this is a community well supply where it is one massive well dug into a resevoir that feeds a lot of houses.

Again, depending on geology, one private well doesn't necessarily affect another private well.

I tested water for ten years, and the only time I saw gasoline show up in a well is when there was a leaking UST that was unregistered, because it was 40 years old.

Now for gas of any kind to be funneled into an existing water supply from another source, there usually is a direct fissure in the rocks that funnel inbetween the two. Or they struck too close to the resevoir.

Most municiple supplies meet EPA standards and are tested regularly such as every ten minutes or so, depending on local regs. Many are owned by private companies. Which is why if there is contamination, the public is informed relatively quickly. But keep in mind how many millions of gallons are pumped out each minute.

Well drilling has remained relatively the same for decades. Just like oil drilling, guessing what the rock is like far underground is still that, guessing. So it is possible they hit a feed to the resevoir they didn't know about, if it is indeed from fracking.

As for colors or smells in your water, that can be as individual as the supply itself. Many sulfer smells are just from iron bacteria in your water heater, that causes a stink when it dies.

A yellow color can be naturally occurring iron, which many water sources contain. And other then being a cosmetic nuisance, doesn't cause any problems. Though it can stain your whites and your toilets. A simple iron or sediment removal system will take care of this.

Except men can suffer from liver problems if they already have a too high iron count.

edit on 29-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by zorgon

This is extremely dangerous
i guess the government is not in a hurry to fix those the toxic leaks
to avoid causing harm

We are paying tax for what ? only wars
the road and the pipes are so much deteriorating
it will be even more disastrous to repair and will cost billions

but nooo .. those billions are probably going for Israel
they dont care about americans health

You do know there is a difference between local taxes and federal taxes right??

*laughs* Your local taxes take care of municipalities, pipes and local roads.

If the leaks are indeed toxic, if the source can be found the government will hold the company accountable for the problems and make them pay for it. They are called superfund sites.
If no culprit can be found, then the Feds pay for it.

There are tens of thousands of them. So yes the Feds do something about it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Phage

I have been drinking more water from bottles lately

Have you read the label lately? Not sure were you are from but here in the Uk the bottle water has more Fluoride than you could shake a stick at :-(

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Most bottled water is just water from the plant. Unless it is specifically labeled from a spring, assume it is tap water.

Just a simple carbon water filter that goes on a pitcher or your faucet is good enough to remove anything you don't want. Not to mention it saves the environment and is a lot cheaper.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join