It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith Dying of AIDS? Is Fox News Hiding This?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I didn't know he was gay either.
He doesn't look well, but it is possible that age + rapid weight loss could hollow his cheeks, etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Yeah, but didn't he do it to play a cancer patient in a movie or something?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I believe so.the point i was trying to make is that weight loss can change a persons appearance drastically

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
When my husband was in training for his job, running everyday, eating very little.....he looked like this.....awful.

Face all sunken in...like a different person.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Fox has news?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

What the hell is wrong with you????!!!!!???

If he is sick, is that news? ATS worthy? Any of your business?
You say you are a fan. He has not claimed to be ill with anything.
Why on Earth would you expend one single unit of energy GOSSIPING about whether or not a man is sick for? That is all this is. If he is ill, that is his business. Gossiping about him dying of AIDS is super supportive.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

Why on Earth would you expend one single unit of energy GOSSIPING about .....[snip]

I truly understand what you are saying, I honestly do. However, that was difficult to read with a straight face. Not about the rumors about Shepard Smith and his health, but the "GOSSIPING" part and whether gossiping is "news worthy".

That part was rich and a little difficult to swallow, especially in defense of Fox "news". Because they never partake in pandering any gossip or rumors.

[yvid]Yn7_8QL2weQ&feature=related[yvid]

edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: add videos

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Because they never partake in pandering any gossip or rumors.

I have no respect for FOX news but this is not about FOX news, it is about Sheppard Smith who is a person and no matter how vile the company he works for is, I still respect the fact that he is a human and as far as I know, not gossiping about why the OP looks like #.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I didn't know ATS had a Tabloid forum.

Huh... Oh well, I guess his marriage to a woman was a sham, and we really need Perez Hilton to confirm this for us!!

Here's a thought, what if he's straight but has aids?

No one thought of that did you!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I think you're using Shepard's sexual orientation to make a false connection between his health and AIDS.

I don't know what you were thinking but this is very, very ignorant. Do you assume that ALL gay people who look "sickly" have AIDS?

Why don't you call the National Enquirer next? Oh wait, you could just call the Daily Mail instead!

edit on 29-2-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've noticed the drastic change in Shepard Smith. Based upon the dark circles under his sunken in eyes and his weight loss, I assumed it was due to coc aine use. He does seem to sniff and rub his nose quite frequently. I never knew he was gay and never would have thought his appearance was due to AIDS, but something is definitely going on there.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Because they never partake in pandering any gossip or rumors.

I have no respect for FOX news but this is not about FOX news, it is about Sheppard Smith who is a person and no matter how vile the company he works for is, I still respect the fact that he is a human and as far as I know, not gossiping about why the OP looks like #.

I'm more than comfortable applying the same standards to Sheppard Smith that he applies to others on a national platform. He partakes in gossiping about people and sells that gossip to hundreds of millions, yet he should not be held to the same standards he himself holds other people to?

True or false:
Sheppard Smith has delivered information concerning happy positive truthful factual stories about people and their good qualities to hundreds of millions of people.

True or false:
Sheppard Smith has delivered more information concerning fabricated negative gossiping about people and more stories about negative bad people and bad things they do to hundreds of millions of people.

Between 2003 & 2011 the Iraqis' death toll from the war is between 105,439 and 115,149. (Coalition forces killed that many Iraqi people).

Shepard Smith calls this "Spreading the love". If you want to stick up for a person who televises how he equates the mass murder of over a hundred thousand people as spreading the love, ok. I'm just leaning further towards treating him with the same standards he treats others. Yes, I'm compassionate and feel for him, and understand your viewpoint, and agree with you. But let's put this whole thing in the same context he puts the human race in.

edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
@Ilikestars

Wow... That is one deep and serious level of hate you carry for all things Fox and, it seems, all things Right. What a sad thing.....

I rather detest Al Franken, Randi Rhodes and others along those lines. The extreme of the radical left. However.. Jeeze....I've really never wished or felt smug about anything bad personally happening to them.

The thread seems to be all about Shepard Smith as an individual human being and the speculation on what illness the poor man might be suffering. He DOES look ill, whatever that may be. Any chance to throw hate into the discussion and bash Fox though huh?

I don't mind noting that things like this.... The piling on of the hate and outright nastiness is what has almost gotten me to join the rest who're considering just leaving ATS entirely. This whole thread is an example...but the outright, vile hate a couple have taken this chance to spew across the forum, yet again, is far closer to the reason.

edit on 29-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just for clarification. I never said Shep has AIDS. Hence the question mark (?) in my title. In my OP i mentioned that internet rumors have been going around that Shep has AIDS due to his apparent sexual promiscuity. The heading might be a little sensational sure, but have you seen some of the other threads on here? Give me a break, these are perfectly reasonable questions.

If you don't like talking about them, then why are you commenting?
edit on 29-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Glp is waiting for you....

You know what's even sadder the fact you're bashing on thread that raises good questions. ATS problem is people like you who only want what's acceptable to them
edit on 29-2-2012 by CaLyps0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
@Ilikestars

Wow... That is one deep and serious level of hate you carry for all things Fox and, it seems, all things Right. What a sad thing.....

Some assumptions on your part. Just because I hate the fact Fox "news" presents lies as facts does not make me liberal, nor does it make me hate all things "right" wing.

I have a low threshold for anti-integrity. Especially when national security is involved. I believe an informed public is more capable of making informed decisions (voting). I believe an uninformed, misinformed, underinformed public is less capable of making informed decisions.

Edit to add:

I believe Fox "news" panders their bombastic hokum at a fifth to eighth grade level intentionally for reasons. It is the intelligent level of their target audience.

By America's own standards the national average IQ (92) is far closer to legally impaired (70) (previously known as legally retarded) than it is the genius range (140+).

I do take your criticism to heart and will in the future make more of an attempt to curb my negativity and my rhetoric. Thank you for pointing out to me how you (and those who starred your post) interpretted my previous post.

The only point I was trying to stress upon was should we apply the same standards Shepard Smith generally applies to most people (speaking to them at a fifth to eighth grade level and pandering gossip as though it is news)?

In context my previous post(s) were in response to looking down on people who gossip and question whether this particular subject is "news worthy" of news, or ATS forum discussions. This post:
reply to post by LErickson

For me to say what is good for the goose is good for the gander to somehow = hate is a bit of a stretch, but I can see how my choice of rhetoric could easily be interpretted as negitive or even hateful. So, in part I can't argue with that assertion.

Personally both myself, and even most of my full blown conservative right wing Republican friends believe Fox "news" has been one of the most detrimental things for the G.O.P.

edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: add link to post that was what I was responding to earlier to keep it in context.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Some assumptions on your part. Just because I hate the fact Fox "news" presents lies as facts does not make me liberal, nor does it make me hate all things "right" wing.

I have a low threshold for anti-integrity. Especially when national security is involved. I believe an informed public is more capable of making informed decisions (voting). I believe an uninformed, misinformed, underinformed public is less capable of making informed decisions.

I understand what you are trying to do, but this is not the thread for that. This is about shep so if you don't have anything to say about his health please make your own thread talking about Fox Bias thanx!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

I understand what you are trying to do, but this is not the thread for that. This is about shep so if you don't have anything to say about his health please make your own thread talking about Fox Bias thanx!

No, you do not understand what I was trying to do.

I was ALSO sticking up for the OP, WHICH WAS YOU, when another member posted this in response to YOU, the OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why on Earth would you expend one single unit of energy GOSSIPING about whether or not a man is sick for? That is all this is. If he is ill, that is his business. Gossiping about him dying of AIDS is super supportive.

jjf3rd77,
I was sticking up for you and your right to have this as a thread. My bad?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
This is about shep so if you don't have anything to say about his health please make your own thread talking about Fox Bias thanx!

I guess the OP's title gave me the wrong impression

Is Fox News Hiding This?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'm more than comfortable applying the same standards to Sheppard Smith that he applies to others on a national platform. He partakes in gossiping about people and sells that gossip to hundreds of millions, yet he should not be held to the same standards he himself holds other people to?

When that sort of thing bothers you, you have really two choices.
Lower yourself to those standards or prove you are better than that.
I am sorry to hear that if you think Shep is a jerk, you should be a jerk.
I never base my behavior on other's behavior like that.
I would not gossip about anyone I do not know dying of AIDS just for fun because I think that person might do it to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join