It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith Dying of AIDS? Is Fox News Hiding This?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
If you want to stick up for a person who televises how he equates the mass murder of over a hundred thousand people as spreading the love, ok. I'm just leaning further towards treating him with the same standards he treats others.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Apparently Shep really got you someplace personal. He never insulted or lied about me. I do not even watch him. Why would I? He is on FOX news.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The dark-side is corrupting his very mortal body.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here's an interview Shep gave about a month ago about his weight loss, he says he had to change his eating habits due to high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

insidecablenews.wordpress.com...

edit on 2/29/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Now he only eats Monsanto engineered foods. As do all sith.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

[color=00FFFF]★

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

is that l ron hubbard?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Unfortunately some people lack the capability or willingness to exert the level of empathy required to put themselves into the shoes of others, so to speak. Some people are not cognizant of how their actions, behaviors, and words do effect people. In some cases it takes them becoming the recipient of the same standards they apply to how their interpersonal relationship skills are applied to others. No, not permanently. Just long enough to plant the seed of doubt and question their own expectations of others especially if their expectations are unattainable. For them to exert their will and have expectations of others, first they should make sure they themselves can live up to the expectations they place on others.

You used a quote from Ghandi when you said "An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind".

My counterpoint is a quote from Ghandi: "Be the change you want to see in the world".

Everything I was talking about in the first paragraph of this post were issues discussed in a pretty well known book:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Not sure of the reference. I know a little about him, but never read any of his books.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
I guess I'm the only one who didn't know Shep Smith was gay, news to me.

As for the 'looks' he does look a little gaunt. Some diseases/ailments are known to show on the face and neck first.

HEP C
AIDS
CANCER

And some other 'wasting' diseases. Sorry to say but it looks like he's not well. It was not long ago he looked healthy, and age doesn't creep up that fast unless he hit a wall or drug abuse. I don't think he's the type to turn to meth or crack.

I didn't know that either.

Smith says he's been dieting and exercising because his cholesterol was sky high.

www.mediabistro.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Which may be correct. Changing your diet drastically and adding more physical activity to one's routine can make someone *look sick until the body has time to adapt. I starting working at a physical factory job (meat processing plant for hogs, on the "kill floor") where it was exeptionally warm where I worked. I weighed 160 lbs when I started at age 22, and left that job at age 24 weighing 116 lbs. Rumors circulated around the small town I commuted from that I had aids, too. And, no, I certainly did not have aids. But my weight loss gave some people that impression.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Shep is gay, you say...

WTF?

Why must we label people like this. I tell people, there is no discrimination with people I know. No reason to worry about that anymore, and then something like this. Usually the issue is color, so I suppose this is an improvement. At least we changed the subject.

Can't we just say he looks sick, and thin. Why do we have to bring something into it, his alleged gayness, that is no ones business but his own.

Sick puppies. Stop it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

WHAT? "because of their anti-gay stance"?? and yet they have a gay man as their prime time anchor... yeah, sounds pretty anti-gay to me. Hannity is openly anti-gay, but that does not mean that the entire network is.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You know the second you post this on the Internet it will go viral he has AID's.

Gossip is a horrible thing.

Imagine if someone did that to you? You invented this out of thin air correct?

If he does have a medical issue and he want's it kept private, it should remain private. People are cruel though, they won't let it happen.

He will end up having to speak out to kill this, giving up his privacy so that people can "gossip" while pretending it does no harm to people.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Who cares?

If the man has AIDS he most likely contracted it through choices he made.
It's his personal life and it is nobodies business but his and people he chooses to include.

Is FOX news hiding it?!? Hiding what? Is it a conspiracy????

I don't get why people get into TV personality's personal lives so much, I just don't get it.

Unless you have slept with him I reckon it's not your business if he has AIDS.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Hannity is openly anti-gay, but that does not mean that the entire network is.

Wait a minute. Hannity is straight?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Oh Geeze... You're 100% right and I hadn't even thought of it. Now that you mention it though, it's often that I'll run a Google for something and within the first 10 hits are Abovetopsecret com forum hits on the topic I was searching.

I hope this one thread...just this once...kinda gets missed and lost by the Google Gods.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Wow... Seriously? I think people need to calm down take a look at the WHOLE post and take a deep breath.

Please learn how to read. I can't even respond to some of your stupid ignorant questions. I seriously think people here just look at the title of threads and then post without reading them.

1. There are already internet rumors that he has AIDS.
2. I care cause I like Shep and want him to get well with whatever he has.
3. Fox News wouldn't advertise that one of their anchors has AIDS. Now, would they?
edit on 29-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Hey.. you are making a false connection too.
Maybe he thinks ALL people who look sickly have AIDS.
Now what?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Unfortunately some people lack the capability or willingness to exert the level of empathy required to put themselves into the shoes of others, so to speak. Some people are not cognizant of how their actions, behaviors, and words do effect people.

Many of them seem to posting in this thread along with the opening post. What are you going to do to them to teach them a lesson?

In some cases it takes them becoming the recipient of the same standards they apply to how their interpersonal relationship skills are applied to others. No, not permanently. Just long enough to plant the seed of doubt and question their own expectations of others especially if their expectations are unattainable.

And you are the person to do that? Have you lived such a pure life then? How about the OP? Is the OP so flawless that he is the arbiter of what is fair play and what is not in AIDS gossip? I would love to know how so many of you came to be of position where you are duty bound to rub other people's foibles in their faces. Like I said, I do not watch FOX news and Shep does not bother me. That must mean you watch FOX news just so Shep can bother you? I sure as hell do not feel like I need to teach him any lessons. Can you tell me why you feel you do?

For them to exert their will and have expectations of others, first they should make sure they themselves can live up to the expectations they place on others.

and if they do not? Sean Hannity disgusts me way more with the crap he spews that I actually have to hear. How are you prioritizing this or is Shep the only wrong you feel the need to right?

You used a quote from Ghandi when you said "An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind".

My counterpoint is a quote from Ghandi: "Be the change you want to see in the world".

Well what you are being is vindictive, gossipy, rumor milling, insulting, immature, etc. That is the change you want to be? Really, what you want is a world full of people making up rumors about why other people look ill? That is what you are doing so if you are being the change you want to be, no thanks. I do not want MORE rumor mongering out of spite. I find that undesirable.

Everything I was talking about in the first paragraph of this post were issues discussed in a pretty well known book:

en.wikipedia.org...

Which you apparently need to read again because there are pages and pages of how to be the bigger person, the better man, and succeed by rising above in that book. I actually read it.

What a shame. I have starred every post of yours I have read.
Until this thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Wow... Seriously? I think people need to calm down take a look at the WHOLE post and take a deep breath.

Please learn how to read. I can't even respond to some of your stupid ignorant questions. I seriously think people here just look at the title of threads and then post without reading them.

1. There are already internet rumors that he has AIDS.

How does that justify to adding to it, spreading it further, pushing it into corners it had not yet invaded?

2. I care cause I like Shep and want him to get well with whatever he has.

This helps how?
I can tell you how it hurts.

3. Fox News wouldn't advertise that one of their anchors has AIDS. Now, would they?
edit on 29-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Bu they cannot stop Shep from TELLING EVERYONE HE WANTS TO KNOW.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join