It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head's Up Arkansas, Missouri, eastern Oklahoma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

SW MO. here....it's in the air, storms brewing here now, it seams. Not far from Joplin...
Haven't checked the news, but just the thermals from the temp changing so rapidly, cold air/warm ground, the wind is almost blowing up....if thats possible, it's going to drop from the low 70's without a cloud, "I actually got farmers tan today from it" to 30ish in the next few hours, and its getting dark too soon. Clouds are thick, and ominous, rip snortin ice storm...is not out of question....oh hooohhhhh...maybe just maybe a snow nado, 250 MPH paint strippin, ice tornado.....yee hawwww

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks.

The Memphis local news has been talking about this as well.

I will keep everyone posted on this event.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

A snow-nado.....Holy cow....Missouri does get it all. If people would stop and check out the environment more, they would be able to sense a change for the worse, as you are doing today. I spent the first 40 years of my life in California, so when I moved out to Texas, I was out every day checking out the changes, feeling the changes in the humidity, air pressure, winds, etc.

If an EMP from the sun takes out our weather satellites, we'll have to go back to weather forecasting the old fashioned way.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Central MO here, lookin pretty nasty, but they are forecasting more for the south, hang onto your hats kids, everybody stay safe.
Tornadoes scare the crap outta me, been caught in a couple with no where to go. We still dont have anywhere to go but the bathroom, gonna batton down the hatches, and pray for just rain-nothing else
Stay safe

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i'm in central texas and it's been really windy all day and i think the forecast was for a lot of wind tomorrow too. we aren't going to get any storms this week but i feel a big one coming soon. i'm not too worried about my house (unless a tornado hits it) but i worry about my chicken coop! i REALLY need to reinforce it's roof and i need to build more shelter for my 2 goats (i'm in the city but i love animals). ugg.... i need a handyman. i have too much to do and not enough time to do it in. the weather here is more and more unpredictable (except i can predict it will be hotter than hell this summer).

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Southwestern Missouri. Our local forecast said tornadoes not so much but 80mph winds possible
Sometime after midnight till 2am or so. Thanks for the heads up OP. Will do my best to stay safe.

Everyone else be safe tonight!!
edit on 28-2-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

You know, we haven't had much of a winter here in Texas at all. Last winter was so freaking cold, I've never been that cold in my life. This winter, only a few cold days, nothing severe, and very dry. The drought continues!

However, you may be right about a big one fixing to hit. Maybe in March, or even April, but I don't think we're out of the woods yet. There is supposed to be a lull in the La Nina pattern, and either it will pick back up again, or switch to El Nino. My money is on La Nina picking back up, and us having a miserable, hot, dry summer like you said.

In that lull is where we may get slammed upside the head. Only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Straight-line winds are preferable to a tornado, of course, but when it hits 80 mph in town, all sorts of things will be flying around (fences, tree limbs, loose yard furniture, signs, somebody's trampoline), and semi-trucks tend to blow over on the interstate. Hunker down and keep safe!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Already sighted some strong T storms on the radar and tornado warning. Winds are very strong as the low pressure sucks air in to it. Accuweather radar

Temperature difference is extreme!

Got a tornado watch box near Wichita KS
weather.gov
edit on 28-2-2012 by Yurimaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2012 by Yurimaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by herenow

Yikes!! Stay safe, in any case.....is the tent rated for baseball sized-hail? Big hail scares the tar out of me. I imagine being caught out in it would be like being stoned to death, minus the insults in Arabic.

My dad once told me that he met a man when he was young, who was permanently stooped over. Seems he had been caught out in the open with his son, by a bad hail storm. He laid down on the ground with his son under him. Sad story, but he did the Real Man thing.

BTW, I goofed in my earlier post - I'm in SE New Mexico.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Yurimaster

I hope we don't see a repeat of last years
tornado outbreak. The temps are extreme,
that isn't good.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Albuquerque, new mexico here. Winds here hit 55 mph gusts. We had old glass windows at my work break from the strong wind hitting them. Roswell New mexico had a top gust of 75 mph.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is a pretty cool site to watch weather online. They have live streaming vid from chasers as well. Won't do much good with the dark, but their radar is good too.

chase.tornadovideos.net...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I am from Alabama and I was stationed in New Mexico at Cannon Air Force Base. I know exactly what you are talking about! As a matter of fact, our meteorologist are saying that Friday is supposed to be severe to extreme. I live within 8 miles of where the big tornado came through North Birmingham last April. It was truly amazing at the scene afterwards. Hopefully, this doesn't happen this Friday, but I think it is going to get nasty. Thanks for the heads up OP.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Im in Mid-Missouri and there have been warnings all day, it was mid 60's this afternoon, but the warning is for slight chance of tornado, and large wind gust all through the night.

Its been especially windy for the last 2 days.

Im keeping a heads up for sure, as this is around the time that tree branches starting flying into my house.

Keep safe all!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

My daughter and her husband are stationed at Fort Rucker, Alabama. I'd better giver her a head's up for Friday, then, in case it gets down that far.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Yurimaster

Oh crud. The dreaded "triple point" seems to be forming, and yes, those temperatures are too extreme, especially for the end of February. Strange, freaky weather! Thanks for the visuals.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

My daughter and her husband are stationed at Fort Rucker, Alabama. I'd better giver her a head's up for Friday, then, in case it gets down that far.

I am sure they know. It is supposed to storm tomorrow evening. Mainly, it will be straight line winds coming in around 3 pm. Then Friday, it might get pretty bad.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here is heads up, as I am getting prepared for this one.

Be careful guys!! You never know what this! Nature runs this place, and sometimes we get a reminder!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by pasiphae

You know, we haven't had much of a winter here in Texas at all. Last winter was so freaking cold, I've never been that cold in my life. This winter, only a few cold days, nothing severe, and very dry. The drought continues!

However, you may be right about a big one fixing to hit. Maybe in March, or even April, but I don't think we're out of the woods yet. There is supposed to be a lull in the La Nina pattern, and either it will pick back up again, or switch to El Nino. My money is on La Nina picking back up, and us having a miserable, hot, dry summer like you said.

In that lull is where we may get slammed upside the head. Only time will tell.

i'm 42 and i've never EVER had a pipe freeze until last winter. luckily it was just a small part of one and i managed to thaw it (connected to my washing machine and the laundry room doesn't have an air vent - lesson leanred... leave the laundry room door open when it gets below 20). not only that but i lost several potted plants when the temps dropped in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY. i totally didn't see that coming. plants fine in the morning but by 3 pm all frozen.

i have a tornado phobia... i'm already anxious about this "spring".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join