It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First the light turning off, now the elevator door...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

I posted about a week ago about how there is this one streetlight at school that seems to turn off when i walk near it.. I have no idea if it is a sensor, or something else..

But now, the past few days, the elevator in my dorm has opened for me, twice. Once on saturday, I was running into my building to get something form my room. I intended to take the elevator if it was already on the ground floor, but before I reached the button the elevator door opened right in front of me, without me pressing any buttons.

I blew it off as some random thing and didn't think much of it other than "cool".

But this morning, I ran down the stairs (the elevator is slow) and as I ran past the elevator on the first floor, the door opened.

Now, I KNOW this elevator doesn't have any kind of sensor. It is pretty ancient. I also realized that things like this tend to happen when I'm not actively thinking about it.

Everything I say is the truth, it's just a little weird/cool at the same time. i'm not sure what to think.

***MOD EDIT***

Please read my final post
edit on 2/28/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If I were you I'd get a lucky dip from the lottery machine a.s.a.p.

Welcome to ATS anyway, even though you joined a while ago, lol

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Have a read up on SLIders,

paranormal.about.com...

also have a read through an older thread on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im sure you will find some of the discussion pretty interesting

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by djh91

i don't have any answers for you , but my son once fitted a security light with a p.i.r sensor to his girlfriends back yard and when anyone switched on the bathroom light the yard light came on .

it turned out that the light switch to the bathroom had dirty contacts and was causing a spike in the power
after changing the faulty switch the problem was solved

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
personally i wouldn't take a elavater that may be having some problems of any type....could be in the wiring...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS, aren't you supposed to introduce yourself a bit? Gives us a little idea of who is typing in.
Anyhow welcome lurker, lurk around, that's pretty much the drill here.

Peace!!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The elevators I know open the door automatically as soon as they reach the floor that was selected via a button.
Obviously, in both instances the elevator was on the way to the floors because someone pressed more than one button, and as soon as the empty elevator reached the floor, it opened its doors.

The fact you were passing it at the same time is a mere coincidence in my opinion. When I was a kid I often pushed all buttons quickly before I left the elevator, so it would stop at every floor. Hardly a poltergeist phenomenon, is it ?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by djh91

I don't know about all that, but I must say that it was very refreshing to read a post made by someone who can spell and use punctuation correctly.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hi, I'm one of the many ATS Mods here at the forum. We appreciate you joining up with the ATS Family.

We have a very strict code in place for our members to adhere to which helps keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas.

You posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other posts by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, you can then start your own threads in their appropriate areas.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. Please, after you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx Closing Thread XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

top topics

join