It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10:04 GMT and I finally bit the bullet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Well....... I've done it, I've joined ATS!

Being a long time reader of a variety of topics i finally decided that maybe my input could be of use to some people.

So Hello To All!!!

Brief bit about me. I'm from the UK. I'm a time served engineer, with a background in metallurgie and general engineering. I now work as a Chemical engineer in the R and D section of a fledgling company hoping to provide environmentally sustainable fuels. We also look into the cleaning of contaminated products. e.g. drill cuttings from rigs, drill pits in land, paper mill pulp waste, etc. As well as looking to break down and recycle waste tyres.

There is a lot more to what I do than this but this is a brief outline.

I am a avid reader and like immerse myself in all topics so I look forwarding to discussing, debating and if the circumstance is right, flaming you all very soon

All the best

CR4V3N

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Welcome.

With your background and interests i think you are going to be one of the better members

Enjoy your stay.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Have fun, just not too much.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I now work as a Chemical engineer in the R and D section of a fledgling company hoping to provide environmentally sustainable fuels.

Welcome to membership avid reader! I am sure your input will be interesting and of value.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thank you for the warm welcome thus far people.

I look forward to discussing and debating with you all.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hi there. Glad you signed up. A chemical Engineer you say? Thats awesome as I can see that your talents may come in mighty handy for some of our varied discussions. We realize that the website here can be quite over-whelming, so we've created this small tour to help you get better familiar with this fine community.

Welcome CR4V3N

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

You are able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now (after the 20 reply-post minimum, you'll have full access to any member).

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read first)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure to act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

Glad to have you. I just registered that makes two engineers.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Didnt I bump into you the other day???

I am sure I did.

What is you favorite alloy and why?

as for the rest, welcome to the melee!! may the gods have mercy on your soul!!

(BTW: 3 engineers: aviation)
edit on 3/3/2012 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

You did indeed. Paper mache and St Paul's?

Do you mean Alloy or Metal?

Wouldn't say I have favourites but I do like Stellite. en.wikipedia.org...

Amazing alloy that hardly anyone knows about. Would be brilliant to make armour out of if you wanted to be a knight!

As for Metal, well, Cobalts pretty cool. en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: BTW 3 Engineers = Tea Break

edit on 4-3-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

Edit: What are yours people?
edit on 4-3-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Am new here myself,still finding my way around,i look forward to debating with you in the near future.

top topics

join