It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel ready to wipe Iran off the map

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Another week, another Israel-bashing thread. How predictable. Turmoil in the Middle East isn't a problem specifically about Israel, if Israel were bombed into oblivion tomorrow then Iran would just focus all its negative energy on Saudia Arabia, or Iraq, or some other neighbor. The Middle East has been engaged in non-stop fighting over land and religion for thousands of years, it's endemic to Middle Eastern societies. Saying that Israel is evil and picking on the poor innocent country of Iran is a display of incredible ignorance, Iran has just as much blood on its hands if not more. We need to let them sort their own mess out, eventually these Middle Eastern countries will all have nukes and they will either bomb each other out of existence or they will make peace with each other. The turmoil has only lasted this long because they spent most of it throwing pointy sticks at each other, but once they all have nukes then they'll have to come to the realization that making peace is the only way to ensure their survival.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
perhaps NATO will intervene on behalf of the Palestinian rebels and the Iranian civilians that will be massacred by Israeli forces. A war that targets civilian infrastructure, like the one proposed could have a death toll in the hundreds of thousands, not to mention the Palestinian rebels already being brutalized for the past couple of decades. Will we see air strikes against military targets killing civilians? Israel did raid Palestinian television stations already in an effort to destroy the rebel media sources. That is a clear violation to the free press.

Maybe NATO is not that bad and will help the Iranian and Palestinian civilians before hundreds of thousands are killed by the Israeli military. A couple thousand soldiers killed is a small price if you can save the lives of hundreds if not millions of civilians being killed by trained and well equipped soldiers no?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
1) Ghadafi was a lunatic who orchestrated the mid-air bombing of a civilian airliner, ruled his country with an iron-fist, and mass murdered political opponents...

I would be careful with these kind of accusations.

Lockerbie evidence 'planted by CIA'

www.independent.co.uk...

P.S.: Sometimes I ask myself who the real lunatics are, the leaders of those countries or the defenders of western imperialism, war and violence.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

Remember when the us shot down an Iranian airliner? Not even an apology

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Curious, so will play devil's advocate for a moment, my friend.

Why did we invade Iraq? Various excuses given - including:
1) supposed WMDs (which Israel is assumed by effectively all to possess in the hundreds),
2) being a threat to America (Israel has the 3rd most aggressive spying programs against the US of anyone in the world, only behind Russia and China),
3) abusing its citizens (the Gaza blockade has already been mentioned, there is constant political strife over the plight of the 'palestinians' otherwise with the kill & injury counts for 'palestinians' consistently being much higher than those of the Israelis)

Additionally, Israel has:
1) according to fairly persuasive evidence after the fact - actively tried to sink US naval craft (granted, likely in collusion with Johnson),
2) is at least implied to have had & provided advance notice of the 9/11 attacks to various of their associates here in the US,
3) has been accused of international war crimes on multiple occasions (including use of white phosphorous against civilians, amongst other things),
4) occupied land not its own, acquired in a Six-Day way that Israel itself initiated under false pretenses and now-confirmed lies,
And likely a good many other points against it that I don't think to mention offhand.

If any predominately muslim nation had such a track record, based on our own recent history - would we not have long since ramped up all sorts of rhetoric against it, if not having had already invaded and "liberated" it?

Why the special treatment? The disparity always strikes me as odd.

Granted, I have nothing against jews themselves - as Iran also appears not to, given the fact that they host the largest population of them in the middle east outside Israel itself - and I love judaism...but I simply cannot fathom the preference we extend to Israel and the apparent enmity we do to their enemies.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
edit on 2/29/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

For most it comes down to religion. The christians will turn a blind eye to anything Israel does even to their own country for the sake of prophesy. And they have the nerve to call the muslims religious freaks. amazing.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I agree with you 100% except this part:

Wipe Israel off the map (modified text)
Wipe Israel REGIME off the map (real text)

Here's the farsi:

"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

english translation:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Beyond that, he was quoting someone else when he said that.

But.... being able to read and comprehend is antisemitic, so, there ya go, enjoy the hate.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Fair notice disclaimer - I'm christian myself.

It's not ALL of us...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by mayabong

Fair notice disclaimer - I'm christian myself.

It's not ALL of us...

Didn't mean to lump you in there. I also have christian friends who feel like you do. Fast typing, gets me in trouble sometimes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join