It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel ready to wipe Iran off the map

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Difference between Israel and Iran : Israel CAN carry out that... Iran cannot.

So should you fear the guy in the mafia that says he's gonna kill you or fear your drunk neighbor with no guns saying he will kill you?
edit on 28-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

How do you know Iran does not have a nuclear weapon by now? We did not know NK had one under the same circumstances. We all know Pakistan gave all these countries the bomb designs so why would they not build one when every nation that AQ Kahn went to bought the designs and started building them. Let alone all the help they get from North Korea.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

How do you know Iran does not have a nuclear weapon by now?

They would have tested one to make all the warmongers stop their warmongering.

Iran doesn't have nukes. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

They would have tested one to make all the warmongers stop their warmongering.

Iran doesn't have nukes. Simple as that.

Must be nice to be omnipotent.

What's next weeks winning lotto numbers please. Your obviously all knowing. Iran knows if they tested a bomb the invasion will come immediately and surely. As of yet, an invasion is not assured, although I too believe it will happen.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Israel, I think/hope, knows better than this.

Yes, a bunch of Iran's Muslim neighbors are scared of the prospect of a nuclear Iran, and some have made a point of seeing that alarming allegations get funneled to Israel - in the hopes that Israel will do the dirty work for them. But Israel also knows that an overt attack by Israel on Iran, even if it succeeds in ending Iran's nuclear ambitions, would be an excuse for the other Muslim states (including the ones that wanted Israel to stop Iran) to pile on Israel all together and (presumably) finish off Israel. So the Muslim States would get Israel to stop Iran, and then use that as an excuse for all of them to attack Israel.

Israel may (or may not) be behind the very selective assassinations of Iran's nuclear experts, which pretty much has the same effect with minimal loss of life and minimal risk of outright combat.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Hey thumbs up for Israel for finally having the spine to shut Iran up! Your simply an anti-Semite who blames the world's problems on the Jews. You give them way too much credit my friend. The people of Iran need to stand up to their dictator and the theocracy that rules their land, and if they can't remove the scourge that is Ahmadinejad, then they better leave the country and let Israel do the job for them.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by Ben81

If Israel really wanted war with Iran, don't you think they would have don't it by now. The leader of Iran is the modern day Hitler and just like back then, he had a ton of apologist like you.

The Jews have been persecuted since the beginning of time and Iran has taken the lead on that today with Hezbollah and Hamas. Iran is a Persian nation hi-jacked by Arabs who think it is their destiny to bring on their Mahdi by attacking Israel.

Last time I checked not one leader in Israel has said its our duty to wipe out Iran to bring back Jesus. Israel just wants them to stop building a nuclear weapon. Even Russia has blasted Iran publicly THREE times because they know what Iran is doing. Iran has made it pretty dam obvious that they are building a bomb. They made a new nose cone for their missiles that is only needed for nuclear type warheads, they wont let the IAEA in to see most of the suspected nuclear sites and they will not discus their nuclear program in peace talks yet they say they don't have a nuclear weapons program.

Israel will fail to exist as a nation if one nuclear weapon hits their capital. Iran has said that is it willing to sacrifice half of their country if it means destroying Israel!!!
Now who is crazy bent on war?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
To anyone wanting truth on the subject posted by many zealots here so far this is the correct interpretation of what they use as their ONLY fodder.

"Israel must be wiped off the map"

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
First off I'd like to say this is probably the stupidest reply I have ever witnessed from my time here on ATS

Originally posted by Xcathdra
So you are suggesting Israel should be invaded because they have the ability to put together a nuclear deterrence?

Did I ever say that? Did I EVER say that?!?
This honestly pisses me off! I never EVER have suggested Israel should be invaded!
They should however, STFU and be more transparent with their nuclear program IF THEY ARE GOING TO QUESTION OTHER COUNTRIES FOR HAVING THEM.
ITS PURE HYPOCRISY, HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ??

There is no official information where Israel has ever admitted to having nuclear weapons

Wow so since they never admitted it, they don't have any !

so until proof comes out, Israels nuclear program is just as civilian orientated as Iran's is.

What kind of proof are you seeking?
It is a widely known fact amongst the international community that Israel HAS NUKES. We don't know how many or what kind, but why?
Why? Because their such stubborn, coward bigots they refuse to cooperate with anyone!
Thats why IAEA has no idea what they have.
Thats why they're not part of the NPT
SECRECY, SPECIAL INTERESTS

Israel is not a member of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) and is widely understood to be the first and only country in the Middle East to possess nuclear weapons.

The history of the Israeli nuclear project is still shrouded in a great deal of secrecy. As part of Israel's policy of nuclear opacity (see below), Israel's military censorship prohibits publication of any factual Israeli-based information on the nuclear project.

www.nti.org...

Amnesty International has accused the Israeli authorities of subjecting jailed nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment by holding him in solitary confinement.

The 56-year-old, who spent 18 years in prison for revealing details of the country's nuclear arsenal to a UK newspaper in 1986, was sent back to jail for three months on 23 May on charges of contact with a foreign national, and almost immediately placed in solitary confinement.

www.amnesty.org...

I mean after all people are arguing there is no evidence of Iran developing a nuclear weapons program.

Yes there is no evidence of Iran having or developing a nuclear weapon
They have cooperated with IAEA, US intelligence says they are not after a nuke, and they're enrichment levels are only at 20%

Also if you would do your homework, countries are not forced to join the NPT.
They are not, but it is obligated, respectable, and increases transparency. There is NOTHING BAD that can come out of signing the NPT, unless your trying to hide something of course

Iran can withdraw and blatantly develop their nuclear weapons program and can use N. Korea as the precedent for that.

Iran can this and can that, PURE SPECULATION
At the very least they they are part of it right now, unlike Israel!

Why don't you list the quote in its entirety?
I am Iranian, I understand Farsi, and the word WIPE, MAP, ISRAEL does NOT EXIST in the quote
THIS IS THE REAL TRANSLATION

بايد از صفحه روزگار محو شود

Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.

The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time

The phrase he then used as I read it is “The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] from the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).”

Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up hope– that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah’s government.

www.juancole.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that "the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time." No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation – "wipe Israel off the map" – suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations. The notion that Iran can "wipe out" U.S.-backed, nuclear-armed Israel is ludicrous.[19][20][21]
en.wikipedia.org...

As Cole correctly notes, Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that “the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time.”2 No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation—“wipe Israel off the map”—suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations. The notion that Iran can “wipe out” U.S.-backed, nuclear-armed Israel is ludicrous.

reviewcanada.ca...

'Iran ready to wipe Israel off the map'

This is the distorted perspective you have been attempting to spew in your other thread, utter garbage

Tehran's deputy defense minister warns Jerusalem against strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, says 'any action by Zionist regime will bring about its destruction'

As speculations over a possible strike on Iran's nuclear facilities grow, the Islamic Republic is exacerbating its rhetoric.

Deputy Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi on Friday warned Israel against mounting such an attack: "Any act by the Zionist regime against Iran will bring about its destruction."

If you read the ENTIRE ARTICLE, and not PARTS OF IT you would understand that Vahidi said Iran will retaliate against Israel if they commit a strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, and not BLINDLY WIPE ISRAEL OFF THE MAP FOR NO REASON.
THERE IS A HUGE #ING DIFFERENCE

Last time I checked Congress authorized the use of military force
Congress approved NDAA as well does that mean its ok? Does that mean it reflects the view of American citizens or citizens of the world? Have you recently looked at congress' approval rating?

Approve: 11.3%

www.realclearpolitics.com...

and for good reason.
For good reason ? LOL. How are you on this website? The American's created the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and established Sadam. They killed millions in the process of installing them, and exterminating them. There is NOTHING good that has come out of these wars and their actions, only death and destruction.

Ask these guys what they thought about going into Iraq

Congrats on promoting peace and democracy in Libya as well and working with your own terrorists in the process

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Libya declares Sharia law

www.cnn.com...

So im not sure where you are getting unjust from.

I'm not sure where you've been for the past 10 years

Typical - making claims with no supporting sources - 1 million?

On Friday, 14 September 2007, ORB, an independent polling agency located in London, published estimates of the total war casualties in Iraq since the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.[1] At over 1.2 million deaths

en.wikipedia.org...

The second survey[2][3][4] published on 11 October 2006, estimated 654,965 excess deaths related to the war, or 2.5% of the population, through the end of June 2006.

en.wikipedia.org...

If your going to play stick ball in Brooklyn, you best know the rules. Japan attacked the US

First off, the American's knew they were going to get attacked, and used it to their advantage

On the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbour, the attack that propelled America into the Second World War, a declassified memo shows that Japanese surprise attack was expected.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 28-2-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Second, whether or not it was justified is up to opinion as no facts can shed light on the situation.
IMO America was completely unjusitified in this action, and they have no right to tell others they can't have a nuke when they are the only ones who have used it on civilians, it is HYPOCRITICAL

The UN investigation into that stated the use of Phosphorus is permissible for illumination, which is what occurred.

This is the single most ridiculous statement I have EVER, EVER read on this website.
I like how you took out the "white" out of WHITE PHOSPHORUS: THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE
This video will blow your propostourous INVESTIGATION out of the #ing window
WHITE PHOSPHORUS USED IN BROAD DAYLIGHT

How can you be so stupid to think its for illumination purposes? It would be such a idiotic, expensive, and dangerous alternative to flares and hundreds of other methods of illumination... this argument is just ridiculous

How can ANYONE in their right mind justify the use of white phosphorus on civilians? Only a madman would! White phosphorus burns skin down to the BONE! It is illegal, it is wrong, Israel uses it, and they are NEVER held responsible!

After this I'm seriously not going to bother to rationalize anything with you. You have clearly demonstrated you are not willing to, nor have the ability to do so

Whats funny is how you and a bunch of other people are bitching about international law yet refusing to use those same laws on Iran.
Many are upset because Iran HAS adhered to international law, they cooperate with IAEA, and as a member of the NPT they have an international right to nuclear technology

Tehran maintains that it has no interest in nuclear weapons, but that as a member of the NPT it has an inalienable right to peaceful nuclear energy.
'
www.nti.org...

Even better is the fact Palestinians (Hamas / Hezbullah) have been tagged in U N reports for war crimes, yet again, you and others remain quiet on that.
Hamas/ Hezbullah are certainly responsible for war crimes in the form of small scale guerilla warfare, in response to the INVASION OF THEIR LAND AND SOVEREIGNTY ON BEHALF OF ISRAEL.
But NOTHING that amounts to atrocities committed against the Palestinian people on their own land systematically: through funding by the United States, witholding of information from people and the press, manipulation of the media, blatant lies, demolition of innocent civilian homes and various other property, occasional murdering of innocent civilians, use of chemical weapons, creating illegal blockade around a region of 1.5 million people and depriving them of the ability to live healthy lives, and abuse of civilians in certain settlements (Second).
What do you seriously expect Hamas to do in the midst of all this, respond to Israel with open arms? Invite them to their homes for tea and cookies?

Here is some more if your not convinced who are the aggressors:

ISRAEL - BBC / israeli soldiers shot children while eating chocalate and chips
3 Children, 14 Civilians and Reuters journalist with vehicle CLEARLY marked pressed killed
Gaza Children in Israeli Hospital After Drone Attack
White phosphorus illegal chemical weapons 1
White phosphorus illegal chemical weapons 2
Hamas MAINTAINED ceasefire
Again who broke the ceasefire in 2009

I'm done debating with your garbage. Don't expect another response because I don't rationalize with people who advocate the use of chemical weapons on civilians

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Excellent thread. The warmongers defending the actions and saber rattling of aggressive elitist nations are truly disgusting. Preemptive war is criminal, no way around it. Economic sanctions, which are a disaster for the civilian population, dark ops assasinations, terrorist actions and false flags are acts of war.

Warmongers are the scourge of the Earth!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

I still wait for Xcathdra answer
to provide only 1 good argument
of what Israel did good for the US and the world since its creation
I see only wars and blooshed and lies in their path
nothing ... NOTHING good came from them

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If this conflict arises we will be dealing with something that could turn into a global war. WW3 will be a very destructive possibly determining the future of humanity. We are now divided into so many opposing groups and ways of thinking that many believe alliances are impossible. Differences aside educate people bring this to their attention and they will research and spread it themselves.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I find it funny that people are always using that redundant question, and trying to make it into an argument. I think even the MSM said that Iran has no nukes, which is surprising because I want to know where you're getting your sources from. Stop trying to convince yourself that Iran has nukes...

edit on 29-2-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yup history does have a way of repeating itself

and Israel/USA have a way of back-stabbing cowardly type of attack - can never seem to man-up about it.

man or a mice?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Yup history does have a way of repeating itself

and Israel/USA have a way of back-stabbing cowardly type of attack - can never seem to man-up about it.

man or a mice?

When those regimes that keep doing false flag fall
the world will then have a chance of peace
not before that

I have enought of those greedy lie
those people are literaly demons with no soul

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Everyone flag this thread it should be on the front page.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

A nation run by religious fanatics whose stated goals are to set up a worldwide Islamic state...after they destroy the (Zionist State of ) Israel...kill all of the Jews in the world...and then destroy (the Big Satan) the United States...who are on the verge of possessing the technology necessary to produce nuclear weapons.

Oh my god, go back to watching Fox News please.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
same ol rhetoric

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by seenavv

I still wait for Xcathdra answer
to provide only 1 good argument
of what Israel did good for the US and the world since its creation
I see only wars and blooshed and lies in their path
nothing ... NOTHING good came from them

We need Israel as a front lines to protect us from Muslims who want to kill us cause we support Israel. Makes sense?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join