It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker's insults Waitress tip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Class warfare Class warfare, scream it at the streets tonight in your local neighborhood..
Banker insults waitress tip

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California. To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill. The picture of the receipt was taken and uploaded to the blog Future Ex-Banker by a person who was dining with the anonymous banker. As expected, the blog received a lot of attention and has now been taken down. The author of the blog wrote, "mention the 99% in my boss' presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his holiness."

This is a very dishonest and injustice move by the "1%". I thought it was a little funny that the banker rounded down. Although these are the real reason why people need to stand up for themselves when issues like these arise . I believe that these bankers/ceos/etc need to be on strict disciplinary income level , or some sort of taxation that forces the elite to give to the poor (without charity taxation)
edit on 27-2-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Sorry to wee on your thread but it's been posted several times.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Already posted.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This thread has already been posted.

It's all fine and dandy when protesting doesn't require sacrifices...especially money. They can afford a flippant gesture gesture like that. But when you start throwing down LESS money to make a point, things get ugly.

This whole mess of finances and politics, religion and warfare, completely depresses me. Are we, as a race, incapable of anything more sophisticated than some means of malice?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
lock me up then and delete it. stupid me

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Class warfare Class warfare, scream it at the streets tonight in your local neighborhood..
Banker insults waitress tip

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California. To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill. The picture of the receipt was taken and uploaded to the blog Future Ex-Banker by a person who was dining with the anonymous banker. As expected, the blog received a lot of attention and has now been taken down. The author of the blog wrote, "mention the 99% in my boss' presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesn't sufficiently bow down to his holiness."

This is a very dishonest and injustice move by the "1%". I thought it was a little funny that the banker rounded down. Although these are the real reason why people need to stand up for themselves when issues like these arise . I believe that these bankers/ceos/etc need to be on strict disciplinary income level , or some sort of taxation that forces the elite to give to the poor (without charity taxation)
edit on 27-2-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

You can't classify one mans action as the way all rich people act it's like saying all black people are criminals which is not true. Yea it was f'ed up but to each their own. Some rich people families donated a lot of money and some embezzle it.
edit on 27-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
i'm pretty sure if he ever dines there again he'll get a healthy dose of urine in his soup.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wish I hadn't read this. This is disturbing and disgusting at the same time. I would vomit on this guys face if i was insulted like that.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join