It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on Creating a Tulpa?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hello all,

I don't know if I'm known much here, but I am usually the guy who has some skeptical comment to post here. The other day a good friend of mine got sick of my constant debunking of his various ghost photos and recordings (I'm still very much on the fence about EVP), so he said "If you really don't believe in this stuff, you'll have nothing to fear in attempting to create a tulpa." Now I'm going to take him up on his challenge.

Yes I am aware that there is a level of danger involved here. I'm sure there will many people trying to warn me against it, but my mind is made up, and I'm just posting this to ask for some advice. Since I'm doing this, and I have some very good instructions, is there anyone out there with any experience with this kind of thing? Is there any advice you can give me?

Oh! I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress in this very thread. I hope there is actually something to this whole tulpa thing, or the thread will be pretty boring for all...

...Here goes nothing.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 0cryptic0truth0

I could just open a new window and ask google what tulpa is, but i cba ...so im gonna ask you, seen as tho you mentioned it first lol
edit on 27-2-2012 by benjamin2012 because: GRAMMA

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

advice?

1-don't.

2- ditch the "friend" he has practically set you up to be killed

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wikipedia has info on Tulpa

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

here's a very nasty case guy was inducted into a "scientific research" advertising in the papers

when it started causing problems they laughed at him saying "surely you can't be serious it's just your imagination"

op's "friend" might be related to research group

creepypasta.wikia.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What in the world is a tulpa?

Do you plan to record this experiment for us? And if so, how will you get the info to us if you don't make it?

Good luck, hope you live to post another day...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've never heard of one .. but as a total skeptic, I don't even fear attempting to "create a tulpa" .. whatever that means.. as long as it doesn't involve anything questionable like sacrificing my neighbor's cat =)

Just friend reading about it on Wikipedia though.. it sounds like like your typical mythical paranormal being .. a thing of legend and folklore more than fact.. if you find some instructions, bring 'em on .. I'm up for it..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

double post

hmmm interference?
edit on 27-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
What in the world is a tulpa?

Do you plan to record this experiment for us? And if so, how will you get the info to us if you don't make it?

Good luck, hope you live to post another day...

A tulpa is, in Tibetan mysticism, a being or object which is created through willpower, visualisation, attention and focus, concerted intentionality and ritual. In other words, it is a materialized thought that has taken physical form.[12]

edit on 2/27/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know this is not what you want to hear, but...don't do it!

If you fail, you'll feel dumb and silly for having tried.
If you succeed, you'll possibly get killed.

No winning situation for you, my friend. Just don't.
edit on 27/2/2012 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Have you tried drilling a hole in your head yet?

... or eating a house brick?

Those might be fun experiments too!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I think this is a fictional account. It's extremely well-written and has a great plot twist. Very entertaining, but I doubt it's authentic

This story reminds me of Stephen King's The Dark Half. Creepy stuff.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0cryptic0truth0
Hello all,

I don't know if I'm known much here, but I am usually the guy who has some skeptical comment to post here. The other day a good friend of mine got sick of my constant debunking of his various ghost photos and recordings (I'm still very much on the fence about EVP), so he said "If you really don't believe in this stuff, you'll have nothing to fear in attempting to create a tulpa." Now I'm going to take him up on his challenge.

Yes I am aware that there is a level of danger involved here. I'm sure there will many people trying to warn me against it, but my mind is made up, and I'm just posting this to ask for some advice. Since I'm doing this, and I have some very good instructions, is there anyone out there with any experience with this kind of thing? Is there any advice you can give me?

Oh! I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress in this very thread. I hope there is actually something to this whole tulpa thing, or the thread will be pretty boring for all...

...Here goes nothing.

Do you have an iPhone? Just get the tulpa app.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'll disagree with some of the posters here about the whole "imminent death" thing from creating a tulpa, but by way of "safe than sorry" I will go ahead and recommend against as you predicted.

That said, I don't know if you'll be able to succeed with the skeptical outlook to start - I've honestly never really looked into it that much, although Mysterious Universe does discuss them every once in awhile.

Here's some information on the Philip Experiment MU covered, about a study group that also set out to make a tulpa and some background on how they went about it, if that helps - and it apparently worked well enough for them:

Conclusions

What are we to make of these incredible experiments? While some would conclude that they prove that ghosts don't exist, that such things are in our minds only, others say that our unconscious could be responsible for this kind of the phenomena some of the time. They do not (in fact, cannot) prove that there are no ghosts.

Another point of view is that even though Philip was completely fictional, the Owen group really did contact the spirit world. A playful (or perhaps demonic, some would argue) spirit took the opportunity of these séances to "act" as Philip and produce the extraordinary psychokinetic phenomena recorded.

In any case, the experiments proved that paranormal phenomena are quite real. And like most such investigations, they leave us with more questions than answers about the world in which we live. The only certain conclusion is that there is much to our existence that is still unexplained.

I'd suggest being very careful if you decide to go forward with this. I've never heard about such issues with tulpas (likely for a few possible reasons), but I have heard stories about golems getting away and turning on their masters.

Incidentally, anyone think the tulpa phenomena may be a possible explanation for some of the weirdness in the world such as UFO & bigfoot sightings, etc.?
edit on 2/27/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Come on now. If tulpa were real I seriously doubt they'd be inherently evil/demonic. Should I have any level of success (which is actually... doubtful... yet I'm hoping I do) I will be certain to take the highest precautions. That is exactly why I'm asking for advice.

Seriously, for the thing to be automatically evil you'd have to *want* it to be. I'd rather create something good... or with a positive aura? Or... I dunno... whatever a tulpa with "good intentions" would be...
edit on 27-2-2012 by 0cryptic0truth0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
OP: its the same basic principle of a magician creating an Egregor (spelling?). You will only be able to create it if you believe that it will work in the first place. So if you go through with it without truly believing in it, it will more then likely cause other nasty entities to give you problems for a very long time. Regardless of whether you believe in it or not, there are forces in our world that give us problems everyday. My advice is don't do it or if you insist on doing it, at least find a way to bind the spell after a certain time period has passed to protect you. But never do something like this without proper training and fully understanding what you are doing, not a smart way to prove a point.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

And of the mind that Tulpa's and Golems don't actually exist.. so I personally have no problem feeling silly by conducting a failed experiment.. wouldn't be the first time =)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

spot on with the dark half

in the realm of the occult fictions can become very real

the outcome of such experiments is a common theme in the occult and religion

Percy Shelley's drama Prometheus Unbound (1820) contains the following passage in Act I:
"Ere Babylon was dust, / The Magus Zoroaster, my dead child, / Met his own image walking in the garden. / That apparition, sole of men, he saw. / For know there are two worlds of life and death: / One that which thou beholdest; but the other / Is underneath the grave, where do inhabit / The shadows of all forms that think and live / Till death unite them and they part no more...."[5]
Doppelgänger

Zarathustra's Adversary was named Ardyasp
strangely enough when he became king of Bactria his queen
had the same name

puts jesus' encounter with satan [adversary] in a whole new perspective, huh

without the proper spiritual cleansing and preparation this is extremely dangerous

definitely not for dilettantes or amateurs

Tulpa's [solid state thoughtforms] in the hands of fools are bad M'kaay?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

I'll disagree with some of the posters here about the whole "imminent death" thing from creating a tulpa, but by way of "safe than sorry" I will go ahead and recommend against as you predicted.

Well, maybe "killed" is too strong a word, but who knows what he would create? Probably something he won't be able to control and that could turn against him. As you said, better safe than sorry.
Anyway, in order to create something you have to believe in it without the smallest of doubts, and since the OP is going to try it just to prove it's BS, he won't be able to create anything at all.

Incidentally, anyone think the tulpa phenomena may be a possible explanation for some of the weirdness in the world such as UFO & bigfoot sightings, etc.?

Now, that's an interesting theory. This thought crosses my mind sometimes, but I never really think too much about it. Who knows?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Mmmmmmm chaos magick.....

Yummy.

You can create tulpas for good....

www.philhine.org.uk...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join