It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Shooting at Ohio school; victims unknown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So sorry to hear about this, it must be traumatizing for everyone.

My children have had "Intruder Drills" at our local school where they have a mock invasion and train the children as to how to fight back in this situation.

The kids say that at one intercity school they did this without warning and the guy who came in to the classroom had the surprise of his life when several of the kids began throwing objects at the supposed perp until two big kids tackled him down to the ground.

At my childrens school they have the kids do various things such as start heaving stuff at the perp and or hide in broom closets and such. Each class depending on age did different things.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
@ Morningglory:

I think there are better ways to deal with a violent youth than "locking him up and throwing away the key." We are all simply products of our environment, and sometimes that environment is a very dark, and disturbing one. The product, however, should not be entirely blamed.
edit on 27-2-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A lot of schools have kids that are a potential powder keg waiting to explode. Most of these kids that lose it are the ones who you would least expect.

Today's kids are not like they used to be. They don't think about the consequences of their actions. They live for the moment and they're quick to anger. They're also very thin skinned and have trouble taking criticism.

I give a lot of credit to the teacher who put his life in danger and chased the shooter out of the school. I know the police felt like they were the ones that prevented more victims, but if it wasn't for that teacher getting him out of the school, I think we would have seen a lot more victims.

Teachers get a lot of flack, but a lot of them break-up fights, and deal with angry students on a daily basis. I'm sure this teacher had a knee jerk reaction and didn't think of the consequences when he gave chase.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Anytime the FBI gets involved the red flags go up. There is no reason for them to be there other than to take over the investigation.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Because hick town sherrifs are oh so competent.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Did anyone get a chance to snapshoot his Facebook page?

Anyone?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I couldn't view anything other this his info on FB because I don't have an account.

I was also hoping someone could maybe get his Twitter account..

I recall that he had an interest in The Office and Anime Cats - so obviously a cold blooded killer.

I really don't think he meant to hurt all those people, I think he was going after the guy who was dating his ex girlfriend. I posted a link to this above somewhere...

It turns out that he fled on foot after being chased out of the school by a teacher, and later turned himself in to a passerby.

abcnews.go.com...

ETA: I'm not justifying anything he did at all, me saying he may not have meant to hurt all those people is not in his defense, just a take on this story as I get more information.

His actions after the fact show remorse.. I think he pumped himself up with rage and got revenge.. I think his actions are horrible, but in a way I feel bad for this kid who was obviously a little out of touch with reality.
edit on 27-2-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Not only was the FBI on scene, the BATF and DEA were there also:

edition.cnn.com...
Police recovered a handgun and gave it to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for examination, that agency said.

www.wkyc.com...
Includes a photo of a DEA agent at the search of the suspect's home.

More than one shooter?

stevehuff.wordpress.com...-148
At least one, possibly two shooters entered the school around 7:40 this morning and opened fire on 4 students. The shooting apparently took place in the cafeteria.

stevehuff.wordpress.com...-148
WKYC-TV reports one gunman, a student, has been taken into custody. Police may be seeking a second shooter.
At 8:45 a.m. there was a scanner report of a “student-aged person” running “at a sprint” down a highway close to the Wal Mart near Chardon High.

www.wkyc.com...
The victims were found in three locations inside the school.
....The victims were in the school's cafeteria waiting for a bus for the Auburn Career Center when the shots were fired.

If the victims were found in different locations inside the school it suggests the victims were not all shot in one location--the cafeteria, and is more suggestive of multiple gunmen.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Two dead now.No source other than friends which live in Ohio.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe these bullies
are going to get the message
eventually.. You never
know who you are bullying.
The kid very well likely might
snap, shoot you, and the school up..

That is why you teach your kid's
being a bully could get you killed.

Not saying these people deserved it,
just saying since it is reported the kid
was bullied alot it seems like a main factor.

Most of the time in these scenarios,
kid's do not shoot up schools

just for the hell of it.

I will leave you with a song.

Robert's got a quick hand
He'll look around the room
He won't tell you his plan
He's got a rolled cigarette hanging out his mouth
He's a cowboy kid
Yeah, he found a six-shooter gun
In his dad's closet hidden in a box of fun things
And I don't even know what
But he's coming for you, yeah, he's coming for you

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, outrun my gun
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet

Daddy works a long day
He be coming home late, yeah, he's coming home late
And he's bringing me a surprise
Because dinner's in the kitchen and it's packed in ice
I've waited for a long time
Yeah, the slight of my hand is now a quick pull trigger
I reason with my cigarette
And say your hair's on fire
You must have lost your wits, yeah

www.songmeanings.net...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TransplantedArkansan

Sadly i have heard that too, Being reported on skynews TV but as of yet not on line,

My thoughts go out to there familys,

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
A second victim has died. Two dead three in critical condition.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by TheRedneck

Amen TheRedneck!

Today's ways are not our ways.

COWARDICE is the problem. These kids of today are too afraid of receiving an HONEST & WELL-EARNED ass-whooping.

You could have just answered your own sentiment. Now if a kid gets caught fighting with another kid then they're either become isolated from classmates, medicated, arrested or otherwise systematically punished by a rubber stamp authority.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lapislazuli

Sometimes it is not a question of blame, but of protection. It sounds to me like this kid is now beyond hope... he has killed two and possibly more. In cases like this, the only thing left to do is lock him far away from civilized society and leave him there... or, if Ohio permits, execute him.

I understand what I am writing. I grieve not only for the families of the victims, but for the family of the shooter. All have lost their most precious gift in life.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

www.examiner.com...=43944456
not hes full facebook but the creepy message
www.facebook.com...
thats hes photo he posted
edit on 27-2-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here is the profile of these kinds of shooters:

--Friends may notice abrupt changes in mood in the days and weeks before the shooting. He may have complained that lately he has experienced strange and vivid dreams of a violent nature.

--He will be dressed in all black and/or camoflage, oftentimes with a black trenchcoat.

--Eyewitnesses at the scene will say the shooter was 'like a robot,' or that there were a totally blank expression on his face.

--The media will paint him as a loner, but he will in fact have a circle of friends or be part of a clique.

--Extra ammo/guns/bombs will be found at his home and in his auto(this to 'close the circle' of guilt in the public's mind). The guns will have been legally acquired by the shooter or a close relative/neighbor. He will have brought an excessive quantity of ammunition to the scene. (This is so that, if he has 200rounds of ammo, people will think "Wow, he must have wanted to kill 200 people. What a nut!")

--Literature and/or videos about Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson(infamous American cult leader), or the Columbine killers will be found amongst his possessions.

--He will be computer-savvy, and likely left an online presence. He may have left some kind of manifesto, though it will be incomprehensible/nonsensical for the most part. He will have hinted at what he had planned, but the name of the target itself will not be mentioned.

--He will probably have been a player of violent video games, and will have been a fan of violence-themed movies. He will have produced his own videos in which he is seen with his weapons or expressing his hatred and/or violence.

--He will have a strong interest in weapons--guns, knives, swords, bombs--or the military.

--He will have had contact with a military recruiter or he will have spent some time in the military before being seperated under murky circumstances.

--There is a good chance he will have been active in "Live Action Role Playing"(LARP) games.

--He will have been mentally "treated" at some point by a counselor, psychologist, or a psychiatrist.

--He will have a history of taking SSRIs(selective seritonin reuptake inhibitors), often in combination with Ritalin(methylphenidate).

--There is some likelihood that he was institutionalized or hospitalized at some point before the attack. At any rate there will gaps in the timeline where police cannot account for his whereabouts.

--He probably had some contact with the police/law enforcement before the shooting.

--He might have been involved with Satanism or other strange occultic-type religions.

--If he survived the assault, he will be unable to explain why he did what he did. He may claim that 'voices' in his head told him to do it. Or he may not even remember the act at all. But whether the shooter lives or dies, motive will always remain a mystery.

--He will NOT have acted alone. There is a good possibility others were shooting also; or at the very least others will have encouraged him and helped plan the attack and get weapons.

--Afterwards, the politicians will call for increased laws against gun ownership, more armed security personnel everywhere, and metal detectors at the school/mall.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
We need a better mental health
care system. Any ideas how this
could be done and treat patients
humanely? Maybe this issue
needs to be addressed on a much
larger scale. Who wants to send
their kids to school with the fear
they may get shot.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
We need a better mental health
care system.

It's probably his shrink who was his mind-controller.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

The profile certainly seems to cover
what we have seen in the past with
school shootings.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Here is the profile of these kinds of shooters:

--Friends may notice abrupt changes in mood in the days and weeks before the shooting. He may have complained that lately he has experienced strange and vivid dreams of a violent nature.

--He will be dressed in all black and/or camoflage, oftentimes with a black trenchcoat.

--Eyewitnesses at the scene will say the shooter was 'like a robot,' or that there were a totally blank expression on his face.

--The media will paint him as a loner, but he will in fact have a circle of friends or be part of a clique.

--Extra ammo/guns/bombs will be found at his home and in his auto(this to 'close the circle' of guilt in the public's mind). The guns will have been legally acquired by the shooter or a close relative/neighbor. He will have brought an excessive quantity of ammunition to the scene. (This is so that, if he has 200rounds of ammo, people will think "Wow, he must have wanted to kill 200 people. What a nut!")

--Literature and/or videos about Adolph Hitler, Charles Manson(infamous American cult leader), or the Columbine killers will be found amongst his possessions.

--He will be computer-savvy, and likely left an online presence. He may have left some kind of manifesto, though it will be incomprehensible/nonsensical for the most part. He will have hinted at what he had planned, but the name of the target itself will not be mentioned.

--He will probably have been a player of violent video games, and will have been a fan of violence-themed movies. He will have produced his own videos in which he is seen with his weapons or expressing his hatred and/or violence.

--He will have a strong interest in weapons--guns, knives, swords, bombs--or the military.

--He will have had contact with a military recruiter or he will have spent some time in the military before being seperated under murky circumstances.

--There is a good chance he will have been active in "Live Action Role Playing"(LARP) games.

--He will have been mentally "treated" at some point by a counselor, psychologist, or a psychiatrist.

--He will have a history of taking SSRIs(selective seritonin reuptake inhibitors), often in combination with Ritalin(methylphenidate).

--There is some likelihood that he was institutionalized or hospitalized at some point before the attack. At any rate there will gaps in the timeline where police cannot account for his whereabouts.

--He probably had some contact with the police/law enforcement before the shooting.

--He might have been involved with Satanism or other strange occultic-type religions.

--If he survived the assault, he will be unable to explain why he did what he did. He may claim that 'voices' in his head told him to do it. Or he may not even remember the act at all. But whether the shooter lives or dies, motive will always remain a mystery.

--He will NOT have acted alone. There is a good possibility others were shooting also; or at the very least others will have encouraged him and helped plan the attack and get weapons.

--Afterwards, the politicians will call for increased laws against gun ownership, more armed security personnel everywhere, and metal detectors at the school/mall.

This is mostly flawed and I'll tell you why. Almost all the school shooters had Omega-male traits. Omega-males in the animal kingdom are below the beta males. It's these guys that normally are thin, short, sad family history, they are always the targets of bullies.

Schools are and will always be like the animal kingdom.
-Alpha males at school = The popular kids, macho guys, tall handsome guys, the guys who get the girls,
-Beta Males at school = teachers pet, bullies, mostly the average kids rank here
-Omega male students = Unloved, thin or overweight, short, no friends, sometimes in special-ed, These kids are the targets on both Beta/Alpha's. Life in general will suck for these guys when they get older also.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join