It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Shooting at Ohio school; victims unknown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The Cleveland Plain Dealer feed

blog.cleveland.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
For all of you who are not familiar with Ohio I would like to make this clear....

Chardon, Ohio IS NOT CLEVELAND, OHIO.....first off it does not have enough crime nor is the per capita murder rate as high as Cleveland's. That is why this is a shocker to MSM. This happens all the time in Cleveland WITHOUT MSM coverage.

Sad case anyway....He tweeted this last night and then came to school this morning blasting!

Very sad.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Police spokesman on CNN just confirmed one student has died.

What have we become?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
One confirmed dead.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

One student just passed. May he rest in peace.

Such senseless violence at such an early age. When I was in high school and had a problem we squared it away when we got home in the streets with fists. These kids now-a-days are such cowards to just shoot.

This has become the main stream, and has been so for quite some time now here in N.E. Ohio.

edit on 27-2-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

When I was in school, the biggest criminal activity was smoking in the restroom. As you say, if we had problems we squared off in the parking lot. We all had access to guns, so that wasn't the problem. We all had freedom to roam, so that wasn't the problem.

As a parent, I have no words to express my condolences to the family. My mind simply cannot grasp the death of a son or daughter.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

Where in Ohio are you?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I live between Clev. and Akron, closer to Akron, I have had some friends who llive in Chesterland so I am familiar with the area up there.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Same with my highschool. I lived in a small town where the regular small town activities took place - hunting, shooting for fun, lots of outdoors stuff..

The kids in my school would drive their pickemup trucks with gun racks and guns in tact, and park them in the parking lot. Despite this disputes were handled with fists and elbows, not guns.

Here's an article to CNN - confirms a lot of what we've already covered here but doesn't release really any new info:

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
For the student that passed away - may
you rest in peace. My heart breaks for
the family and friends. None of this
makes any sense to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Amen TheRedneck!

Today's ways are not our ways.

COWARDICE is the problem. These kids of today are too afraid of receiving an HONEST & WELL-EARNED ass-whooping.

The parking lot, fists and sweet skills were all that we needed. Someone got their ass beat down, g/f taken along with a little pride and it was up to the loser to come back to the squared circle to redeem himself!

Guns in high school?

WTF for?

edit on 27-2-2012 by maestromason because: * HONESTLY

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Cowardice...

What you say makes much sense. It's something I had not considered.

Have a star while I consider your words carefully.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Double Post

TheRedneck

edit on 2/27/2012 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

I used to travel down there as a young man to party on Main Street in Akron at the Harry Buffalo. I am very familiar with the Akron/Canton area... very rural, but very fun. College party town... the women down there love us Clevelanders. When LeBum Shames turn-coated us a few loose cannons from Cleveland went down there to "aerate" his ex-mansion...but least I digress...

This troubled young man tweeted his intentions last night and no one took him seriously. WTF? In this day and age? This goes hand in hand with these young ones growing up with troubled and heavily medicated minds prescribed by the good doctors themselves.

May the good lord have mercy on his soul. I just can't figure out for the world what his M.O. was to initiate such carnage?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
***update***

blog.cleveland.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

Amen TheRedneck!

Today's ways are not our ways.

COWARDICE is the problem. These kids of today are too afraid of receiving an HONEST & WELL-EARNED ass-whooping.

The parking lot, fists and sweet skills were all that we needed. Someone got their ass beat down, g/f taken along with a little pride and it was up to the loser to come back to the squared circle to redeem himself!

Guns in high school?

WTF for?

edit on 27-2-2012 by maestromason because: * HONESTLY

Well schools today are much different. These young boys/girls today can be pure psychopaths endlessly tormenting other students in ways that never existed back then. Factor in other things and you have a tormented depressed kid ready to kill.

Of course this kid could have just been a random thug student. I dunno

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
so i found the alleged gunman's facebook profile based on the names students have given the media. should be noted one of the the people that "inspires him" is David Icke.....UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

School Shooter Facebook

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Some more info from blog.cleveland.com...

Nate said his group was friends with T.J. through middle school, but in high school, T.J. went a separate way. Russell, he said, had recently started dating T.J.'s ex-girlfriend, who is home-schooled. "He was silent the whole time," said Nate, who was waiting for a bus to his culinary arts classes at Auburn Career Center. "That's what made it so random." T.J., he said, normally waits for a bus that goes to Lake Academy, a school in Willoughby that serves at-risk students.

I'm wondering if the loss of a girl and the perceived betrayal of a former friend are the motive..

And info on Daniel Parmentor, the victim that didn't survive.

blog.cleveland.com...
edit on 27-2-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
How very sad, not much I can say to express the feelings I have for the family of the child who passed away. What a nightmare for them to lose their child. As parents I think we all worry these days, hoping and praying for just another ordinary day for our kids.

I noticed people talking about back in the day when kids solved things with simple fist fights. I did that, too, when all else failed. One bully I took down became a good pal. Heck sometimes we mixed it up just for fun, I was a tomboy and some fights were actually just skirmishes between friends to see whose recent growth spurt reaped the most rewards and to work off some kid energy. But today on my MSN news page there was notice that an 11 year old died a few hours after a very straightforward fist fight with another girl her age. So far from the sounds of the symptoms she had afterward, it appears maybe one of those punches caused brain damage. It wasn't that horrible of a fight by the sounds of it, but apparently that is all it took. It's hard to read of something like that and know what to think or tell my own kid. Like I said, my own background taught me it was rewarding to mix it up and stand up to bullies. Because sometimes the adults just were not going to be of any use whatsoever, But do I really want my own kid to get even into a basic fist fight if it could land her with brain damage? No. We need to work on communication with our kids, all around.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I agree kids who do this are sick cowards. In my area a 9 year old boy was writing letters to a 9 year old girl threatening to bring a gun to school and shoot not only her but her entire family. He wasn't going after an equal opponent or even close no he purposely sought out a weak little girl to terrorize.

The school tried to make excuses, blah blah blah. The girl's dad wouldn't back down. He took the letters to the local newspaper they printed them for us all to read...such sick sexually violent murderous rage from a 9 year old, future serial killer in the making. Still not getting any reaction from the school the dad finally contacted Safe2Tell. It's amazing how quickly the school got off its ass and did something.

What this tells me is we cannot trust schools to protect our children. BTW my town's population is about 3500 with a low crime rate.

I'll tell you the difference in today and when we grew up...our parents caught a lot of heat for the bad things we did. Schools ruled. They let the parents know they would be providing an expensive private education for their out of control kid because he/she would be out for good. This wasn't done in a nice way. In fact parents looked like they'd been run through the wringer after hours long meetings with a very angry principle. They got the message.

Happened with my brother. In 1st grade he was permanently expelled. My parents had to tow the line in order to get him back in public school. Mandatory mental health therapy, enrollment in a special class apart from other students with a psychologist for a teacher. Aside from that his behavior stigmatized our family. Good kids weren't allowed to play with my brother so he hung with those just like him. People gave him a wide berth and called the police often.

I will add all that special treatment/care only made my brother more secretive about his behavior...it didn't change him one bit. He became a dangerous violent man. They should've locked him up and thrown away the key back when he was 6. I know the lives of many innocent people would've been better for it.

How sad the students/parents/teachers/community our suffering now because of someones out of control animal. We've got leash laws to protect citizens from dangerous animals but dangerous children are continually forced on an unsuspecting public. It starts at a surprisingly young age. Watch your kids just because they're grouped with their peers doesn't mean some are far more advanced in violence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join