It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims of UFO sighting on Baildon Moor after picture taken of gold disc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesHobbs
The whole experience happened very quickly it was over in seconds. To me it looks nothing like a frisbee, it has even been assessed by the civil aviation authority who concluded by saying it was a frisbee. I managed to get a snap on my mobile phone, if I had more time I would have put it on video. It is probally the best genuine image of a UFO ever and this whole situation clearly reinforces the British mentality that people are always quick to criticize anything that is a success. Pity I didnt capture this genuine image if a UFO in the states where the land of opportunity would have been more accepting.
Rejoice everybody and hold your heads up high

Oh, well! You haven't done yourself any favours with that response. You are being a bit too defensive.

My current position is that you either are James Hobbs and the photo is a hoax, which is why you are being elusive and won't provide the exif data - or you're not James Hobbs which is why you can't provide further details or the exif data.

(ps. perhaps a pedantic point but criticize is the American English spelling - being a Brit you should have written criticise)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Police forces say "they have received a number of calls reporting what is believed to have been a meteor.

Reports of a "bright light" and an "orange glow" came in across the north of England and Scotland at about 21:40 GMT yesterday amid fears a plane had crashed'

It has been a strange week, last Sunday seeing a disc in the morning sky that was clearly some kind of spaceship, but then insulted with allegations that it was a frisbee. This morning there was talk of sightings of more bright lights in the sky which clearly wasnt a frisbee, or was it a frisbee on fire????
I am getting fed up with whole thing to be honest and I am looking forward to a week on planet earth

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesHobbs

post by JamesHobbs
It has been a strange week, last Sunday seeing a disc in the morning sky that was clearly some kind of spaceship

There is no relation to what you saw (spaceship?) and the meteor last night .

post by JamesHobbs
but then insulted with allegations that it was a frisbee.

You weren't insulted , observations were taken on the picture you took .
As you yourself said " the civil aviation authority who concluded by saying it was a frisbee." so we're in good company in believing its a Frisbee .

post by JamesHobbs
I am getting fed up with whole thing to be honest and I am looking forward to a week on planet earth

So why keep coming back to this thread , instead of moaning you could do what has been asked and post the original picture .... that may provide the proof that it wasn't a Frisbee .

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Also I am not a photographer and I don't know what exif data is?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think it is a frisbee, but it is part of the original shot.

Blown up on Photoshop

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's a frisbee !

Regards
The Pope

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yes, Mars isn't all it's cracked up to be is it ?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aardhaggis

love to play me some frisbee!

Just messin with ya, James.
Kinda. lol

Need thicker skin if you gonna be here, mate.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Also I am not a photographer and I don't know what exif data is?

Can you please use either photobucket.com or imageshack and upload the picture you have...the one straight from your camera. This will allow anlaysis.

This is what is done at ATS...again, people take this subject seriously unlike what some may find on Facebook, Twitter or other site....

I have to say this really does look like a yellow frisbee with writing on top of it.....

edit on March 4th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I do sense some arrogance in this site and a false sense of superiorty over other social network sites. Or maybe some jealousy as I have captured the ultimate genuine photo and in your defence you have tried very hard to convince yourselves that this UFO was a frisbee

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I do sense some arrogance in this site and a false sense of superiorty over other social network sites. Or maybe some jealousy as I have captured the ultimate genuine photo and in your defence you have tried very hard to convince yourselves that this UFO was a frisbee

Really , well how about you upload the original picture , if we see that it could back up your claim that you have "captured the ultimate genuine photo" .
Until then its just a Frisbee .

edit on 7-3-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Has there been any other description of the "ufo" other than the frisbee looking photo. Size? Height off ground? Direction it came from, how it vanished?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

... you have tried very hard to convince yourselves that this UFO was a frisbee

Or have you tried very hard to convince us that the Frisbee is a UFO?

Why are you so reluctant to upload the original photo?

Can you give a grid reference as to where you were standing on Baildon moor when you took the photo. This can be done by using Google Earth.

53°51'16.55"N 1°47'15.08"W These coordinates will take you to the moor but you could provide us with a more accurate position.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

If i catch that gold ufo im cashing it in
you get about £10 for an old broken bracelett so that ill make me stinking rich.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
To be fair now, his ufo does also looks a lot like this - but kind of more plasticky
ufo craigluscar reservoir - Ian McPherson Scotland 19th feb 1994

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am very surprised about the negative response that this genuine UFO image has created. The dark bits at the top of the disc did seem like windows of some kind that the 'beings' inside the spacehip could look out of.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesHobbs

Original picture please

And rather than just making a comment then disappearing again it might be nice if you stayed around to discuss your picture ....and make the original picture available for scrutiny ...... unless you've got something to hide of course .

Then again I'm starting to think maybe you haven't posted the original because you're not James Hobbs , just some idiot having a laugh which is why you keep emphasizing its a "genuine UFO" or in another post a spaceship .

Oh wait.... I think I found the original ..

edit on 7-3-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Or this one ...Man abducted by UFO

Those are some very tiny Martians.
edit on 3/7/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

May I ask why you refuse to upload the original unaltered (meaning zero edits including changing file name) so that we may analysis it independently.

Why would one be so incredibly defensive over something like this?

We are not trying hard to do anything but find the TRUTH. Only you can supply the truth, but yet you refuse?

*shrug* color me confused, or a yellow Frisbee...
edit on March 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Maybe if a UFO landed on planet earth in the next couple of weeks that resembled the gold disc I captured on film I may get some applogies.

That would certainly help. Until then, however, all we have to go by is your story and a photo of a Frisbee. What do you want us to do? Give you a cookie? Believe you without question? Come on, man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join