It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims of UFO sighting on Baildon Moor after picture taken of gold disc

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It wasnt a frisbee???

regards

James Hobbs

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I havent been on TV and I don't want any publicity or any money.

Regards

James Hobbs

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I feel insulted and my integrity has been questioned

James Hobbs

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesHobbs

Don't be insulted. Though I bet you're wishing you told nobody about it, lol. You're lucky to have had a great ufo sighting. Millions of folk are on the fence about even the existence of those things, I wonder if you were before your sighting?

Tell us more about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe if a UFO landed on planet earth in the next couple of weeks that resembled the gold disc I captured on film I may get some applogies

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It doesn't look like a picture that was taken at sunrise. In the article he says it was taken at 7:00 am on the 27th February. Sunrise was at 7:01am where the picture was allegedly taken. I would expect the sky to look a bit different to what it does in the picture.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hi James,

Welcome to ATS.

Maybe in order to restore your integrity you could give us more details of the sighting and provide the original photo which may contain valuable exif data.

Thanks
edit on 3-3-2012 by torsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi James, what a turn up for the books, i didn't expect you to join this thread, im glad i posted it now.

Do not be put off by the people claiming it to be otherwise, lets hear your story, with hopefully some more details.

But this is ATS, so expect some scrutinizing, of your claim, but most of us would love to hear more about it.

can you add anything else to your report, and answer any other posters questions?

Thanks

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What.....provide more information I can get insulted about???

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You have to understand, you were the only witness, (that we know of) and so there's tons of questions to be asked. But if you'd rather not say any more that's your prerogative,
Thanks anyway.

...and the winning point goes to the frisbee team.
Dammit, I so wanted that pic to be real. Keep looking up people.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
And people will mostly likely take you far less seriously if you aren't going to answer any questions, just the way things work.

....also it doesn't do much for you if you post several times in succession with one liners.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

give it a go, look at this way, if your telling the truth, there are lots of people that want to hear more.

And if you can be thick skinned to any negative comments then you will be ok.

Can you post the original photo, with the exif data, that would be a great start

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesHobbs
What.....provide more information I can get insulted about???

You need to realize that this is not Facebook or Twitter or YouTube or some other site...this is ATS and the members here do ask for more information and have a highler level of expectation. There are highly intelligent members here who take the subject seriously.

This is to be expected here, always. But then again, ATS is not for everyone.

There are many hoaxers out there and many misidentifications. We have seen it all and then some.

You should not be offended because ATS members ask for more information. If you are truly seeking TRUTH, then you would be happy to oblige in everyone's quest to find that truth. It is when people begin to hide stuff or become unnecessarily insulted that is when ATS members begin to think something is afoul.

Nobody has insulted you here and if the do, staff will take care of it.
edit on March 3rd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

to add to that, when you dont answer questions here, people think you have something to hide

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

James, also i noticed in your report it was quite short, could you elaborate on your sighting a little more?

With more detail, thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The whole experience happened very quickly it was over in seconds. To me it looks nothing like a frisbee, it has even been assessed by the civil aviation authority who concluded by saying it was a frisbee. I managed to get a snap on my mobile phone, if I had more time I would have put it on video. It is probally the best genuine image of a UFO ever and this whole situation clearly reinforces the British mentality that people are always quick to criticize anything that is a success. Pity I didnt capture this genuine image if a UFO in the states where the land of opportunity would have been more accepting.
Rejoice everybody and hold your heads up high

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

ATS is worldwide.

Can you post up the original photo?

Why do you think the American public would take this any more seriously than the uk public??

I assure you, open and awake minds see things in a similar way, regardless.

James, your snide attack is insulting to us, please be honest with the data available.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Denied because: to better describe my thoughts

edit on 3-3-2012 by Denied because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
how far were you from this object? what time of day? weather? anything else in the sky?
BTW I'm from the USA, and a pic and someone saying its a ufo doesnt make me automatically believe someone

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It was over in seconds yet you managed to capture and image of it? So you had your phone out with the camera ready then?

If you don't want people to ask questions, you've signed up to the wrong forum sadly.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sorry but I dont believe anyone who gets so defensive over a simple question... You put that information online to be scrutinized, dont be surprised that we all dont jump in the air and scream ALIENS!!! We are not dumb people, we dont look at a still photo and proclaim it to be a ufo without any other information available.. Also it looks strikingly similar to a frisbee...

What did you expect exactly? You are getting mad that we dont believe its a ufo, yet you provide us with nothing to look at but one still photo of a disc, refuse to provide anymore details and then get mad when we dont take everything at face value... This is not youtube my friend, we require a lot of evidence before we can even consider it to be an alien spaceship and even then you better be ready to answer some questions and provide some information otherwise the members here will tear you apart..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join