It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Sudanese Christians plan "prophesied" pilgrimage to Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I was doing a search on pilgrimages and ran across this. It is the first I have heard of it.

February 24, 2012 (JUBA) – Christians in South Sudan are planning a pilgrimage to Israel in fulfillment of what they say was God’s promise in the Bible to the people of the region, senior Church leaders have announced.

If it goes ahead, the pilgrimage will see see hundreds of South Sudanese Christians, particularly senior church leaders, traveling to the Holy Land and presenting gifts on Mount Zion in the next few months.

According to a statement from the Vice President’s Press Secretary, James Gatdet Dak, the Church leaders in the meeting explained to Machar the significance of the pilgrimage which they said was promised by God in the Bible by the Prophet Isaiah more than 3,000 years ago. The Church leaders presented their case based on Isaiah Chapter 18, with the title “God Will Punish Sudan” according to the ‘Good News Bible’ translation from Hebrew into English or “Prophecy Against Cush” according to the ‘New International Version.’ Many South Sudanese Christians believe that verse 3 of Isaiah 18 refers to South Sudan: “All you people of the world, you who live on the earth, when a banner is raised on the mountains, you will see it, and when a trumpet sounds, you will hear it.”

The prophecy continues in verse 7: “At that time gifts will be brought to the Lord Almighty from a people tall and smooth-skinned, from a people feared far and wide, an aggressive nation of strange speech, whose land is divided by rivers – the gifts will be brought to Mount Zion, the place of the Name of the Lord Almighty.”

The spiritual leaders told the Vice President that the independence of South Sudan, on 9 July 2011 as part of a peace deal with north Sudan, was foreseen and promised by God. They argued that the raising of the "banner" refers to the South Sudanese flag being raised, signalling the country becoming the world’s newest country. South Sudan is the 193rd member of the United Nations and Africa’s 54th country. The Church leaders said that the blowing of the "trumpet" was also fulfilled by the singing of South Sudan’s national anthem, which was created last year.

Here is a picture of the South Sudanese Flag and a YouTube of the South Sudanese Anthem

As the whole world was able to watch the historic event on television and through the media, the religious leaders said that this also completed the prophecy in Isaiah that the "whole world" would witness the event.

South Sudan is a multireligious society with a large number of the population following traditional African belief systems, as well as Christianity and Islam. The new government of South Sudan, says it has, adopted a policy of religious freedom and tolerance. Despite the fact that over 95% of South Sudan’s top leadership are Christians, the government says it encourages Muslims to freely carryout their pilgrimages to Islamic Holy places, such as Mecca in Saudi Arabia.

source www.sudantribune.com...

I find this fascinating. I can't wait to see this unfold and what happens as it does, What does everyone think?
edit on 26-2-2012 by Iamschist because: forgot source lol

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sudan is feared far and wide?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They have done their fair share of damage I'd say.

The ongoing civil war in Sudan has caused the deaths of nearly two million people since 1983, according to a humanitarian agency. The agency, the United States Comittee for Refugees, said that the fight for control of southern and central Sudan had killed one in five of the southern Sudanese population - either by warfare, war-induced famine or direct government or rebel policies.

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 26-2-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That is interesting...the Sudanese anthem is pretty cool too! Is it prophecy? Hard to tell, but it will be fascinating to see if the pilgrimage has any diplomatic impact.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
Sudan is feared far and wide?

If you are an animal , poaching is real bad over there.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Could we have just a tad of respect please? This nation struggled with war for a very long time. Finally they have peace, a working government and a national identity. They are proud and have every right to be. It is amazing to me after reading where they have been that they have reached this point.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I find this fascinating. I can't wait to see this unfold and what happens as it does, What does everyone think?

I think the Al-Aqsa Foundation will rally the muslims to repel the infidel invaders seeking to enter Mt.Moriah's temple platform, just like they rallied them the other day and started riots when so called "radical jews" were going to supposedly take over the temple mount to rebuild their temple or some crap

Israel is failing and they do not even have the cojones to rebuild their own temple. The Temple of Solomon could have been rebuilt 40 years ago but they let the Wakf have control of the temple grounds. Foolish mistake that was. The Wakf unearths jewish artifacts daily in illegal digs, to destroy them so the jews cannot prove their temples existed there.

The muslim will see the Sudan Christians ascension to the temple grounds as an insult and an invasion and they will riot and repel them and murder them. More dead christians at the hands of...them

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Thank you for your reply. I, like the Sudanese had not considered what might be the reception. Innocence is not valued much in the world unfortunately. It would be very sad if that was the reception they received. Tragic even. Perhaps they will work something out during the planning stages of this Quixote-like undertaking. They are very respectful of Muslims, form what they say in the article I quoted.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That will most likely be what happens. If your not jewish you arent liked over there simple facts and videos prove this. Now not all of the jews are like this but the zionist jews oh boy do they hate everyone. I have met one zionist jew in my life and i care to never meet another. But i shouldn't put the full blame on them for its not there fault that they grew up this way. DR david duke has posted quite a few videos showing that they are taught this at a young age. No diffrent then hitlers brain washing of the german children.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

I Thank you for your reply to my thread, however it becomes somewhat off topic. The focus is on the Sudanese and their desire to honor God. It is the same God as the Jews. Perhaps Zionists are different, I do not know and it isn't relevant for this thread. I hope your prediction of doom is false

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Sorry i didnt not mean to throw it off topic. I just wanted to speak of the opposition the sudanese will very much end up faceing when they decide to go there. But yes hopefully i am wrong. A question though. this prophecy they speak of i have not read the full book of the bible it is in. does it speak of whats supposed to happen when they finish presenting the gifts?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

Really good question! Quickly runs to check out Isaiah

A question though. this prophecy they speak of i have not read the full book of the bible it is in. does it speak of whats supposed to happen when they finish presenting the gifts?

Isaiah 18 A Prophecy Against Cush 1 Woe to the land of whirring wings[a] along the rivers of Cush, 2 which sends envoys by sea in papyrus boats over the water. Go, swift messengers, to a people tall and smooth-skinned, to a people feared far and wide, an aggressive nation of strange speech, whose land is divided by rivers. 3 All you people of the world, you who live on the earth, when a banner is raised on the mountains, you will see it, and when a trumpet sounds, you will hear it. 4 This is what the LORD says to me: “I will remain quiet and will look on from my dwelling place, like shimmering heat in the sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.” 5 For, before the harvest, when the blossom is gone and the flower becomes a ripening grape, he will cut off the shoots with pruning knives, and cut down and take away the spreading branches. 6 They will all be left to the mountain birds of prey and to the wild animals; the birds will feed on them all summer, the wild animals all winter. 7 At that time gifts will be brought to the LORD Almighty from a people tall and smooth-skinned, from a people feared far and wide, an aggressive nation of strange speech, whose land is divided by rivers— the gifts will be brought to Mount Zion, the place of the Name of the LORD Almighty.

www.biblegateway.com...

There is the complete chapter. It does not say. The next chapter in Isaiah is a prophecy against Egypt. Again, excellent question! Thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Biblical "Cush" is modern-day Ethiopia.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Biblical "Cush" is modern-day Ethiopia.

Yes, I am aware of that, I know the Ethiopians are pretty sure, but someone forgot to tell the Sudanese.
They evidently believe they are "Cush". Thank you for reading the thread and taking the time to comment

new topics

top topics

join