It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Apology to President Karzai on Behalf of Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This video is one of the best I've seen regarding the current political state. A proud American woman created a video that, imho, encapsulates what many Americans feel.

She takes on Obama's Muslim-apologist attitude regarding the Koran burning as well as the Muslim retaliation. She frames Muslim indignity and "logic" in such a manner that one cannot help but applaud her - and she really deserves a standing ovation.

Now I must address those Muslim apologists on ATS that will for sure try to derail this with accusations of what Christians and the USA (editing that in seeing that is how "they" are taking this thread) have done in the past. The only thing I will agree with is yes, perhaps the reason the States is still in Afghanistan is the industrial military complex, the oil pipelines and the natural resources discovered there .....but still, the heinous acts done in that country in the name of Islam is disgusting and should not be tolerated.

Let me HEAR one Muslim condemn the acts that this woman has mentioned, all I ever hear is deflection.
edit on 26-2-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Talking about being racist huh?

so the apology weighs more than the actual burning of the Quran?? And you put this woman up, talking about how muslims kill innocent people?

If the USA would be to apologize for every atrocity of the wars the USA was involved in, Obama would be writing apologies for the next 10 years!!

ETA:

natural resources discovered there

Oh you mean the poppy farms?
Afghan drugs: Opium price rises by 133%
BBC
edit on 26-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Natural Resources found in Afghanistan

www.nytimes.com...

reply to post by Hellas

That is just a deflection, what about the acts the woman describes in the video.....does it not happen?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

That is just a deflection, what about the acts the woman describes in the video.....does it not happen?

First off you can't justify this by naming something muslims did. (Especially not if the USA is the one killing innocent people all over the world)

What about those things she describes? So you burned the Quran because in some countries,girls stil get circumcised? Kids draw comparisons like that

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
No, they burned the Quran because the prisoners used them to send messages. Simple really. A defiled Quran is supposed to be burned. Why then the need for an apology or a trial? Shouldn't it simply mean an automatic "death sentence" against the prisoners who defiled the holy book to begin with?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Well, you sure have the the USA is so bad rhetoric down pat.

They burned the Qur'an because they believed it contained messages to other terrorists and all the outrage is a bunch of crap. Where is the outrage of female circumcision, the killing of homosexuals, the downright oppression of their women.

(to me that was the entire point of the video, guess you must have missed that)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
no one has the right to appologise for anyones actions.
especially for the US citizens..this woman can go pound sand

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Guess that is the best tactic they have, just ignore and deflect the issue.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My signature says it all.
2nd

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
My signature says it all.
2nd

and your profile shows us your motivations as well

Originally posted by redbarron626
Why do you find it so disturbing? Americans are asinine, rude and mostly self serving. Many americans think themselves "educated" yet hold preposterous notions like "America is the best country on earth" when they have never been out of Arkansas. Look around at your fellow countrymen and see how ridiculous they actually are.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Wow.

She's pretty ignorant......

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Obama should apologize. Why?

Because burning quran , is no secret will cause outrage.

Are you telling me , all the military might the united states couldn't find a remote location , and burn the quran with other garbage so nobody is the wiser? and nobody gets offended ?

All of this could've been avoided if they handled the situation in a professional manner , and dealt with the burnings without causing such a stir? Do you know what that does to the fragile realtionship with afghans and the forces?

Its irresponsible thing to do , naturally he should apologize for having tools working and making decisions in afghanistan.

If i was in charge i can assure you this would not have happened. The quran would've been burnt , and everyone on their merry little terrorist ways.

As for the op video , shes just another tool mxiing half truths with a rant , and missing the point and value of the apology . But you can't expect that from emotional responses.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Great post my friend
People get so lost in their Alex Jones sites they seems to forget that the muslims are no better than the corrupt leaders of America.

I find it hilarious that ATS members are quick to flame a soldier for firing into the direction of gunshots for suppressive fire and unfortunately hitting a civilian.. but they seem to forget Nick Berg's beheading on national tv.

All the of these ATS sympathizers should go to Afghanistan or Iraq and walk down the streets sounding off with their rhetoric and see if they don't end up with their necks in a noose and dragged for miles down a village street.

We burn a Quran.. they burn our flag, our pride, and a real innocent American (if they could). All Americans aren't responsible for the actions of one soldier. Just like all muslims aren't responsible for the actions of a faction of extremists.. think about it.

S&F
edit on 26-2-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I applaud the OP for running this video and I think it's one of the better one's I've seen lately.

For those who condemn the video.....are you watching all of it? I personally watched the first minute at another site and, as THAT OP had fully expected and anticipated, I and a few others went off on it. If we'd watched another 30 seconds, we'd have seen the video is actually the opposite of what that first minute appears to be.

Apology my foot... lol... Great Catch! So..How many DID actually watch enough to see the actual message she's sending?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

She has said what many are thinking.

Too many like to throw stones in that "glass house" they live in and there seems to be more that enough stones in Afghanistan to go around.

Disclaimer:

I am not disparaging any religon or belief. I am simply saying make sure you are blameless before you start blaming others. Christian, Muslim, Hindu, (ect...), they all have a history of blaming "the other guy" because they can't look at themselves and the downfalls of their own dogma.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Her apology is a million times better than this treasonous apology given by General John Allen.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If anyone is guilty of training and harboring terrorists it would be the generals of the US of A. Accusing Hamid Karzai of working for the enemy is like accusing a cat of being a dog.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
The only thing I will agree with is yes, perhaps the reason the States is still in Afghanistan is the industrial military complex, the oil pipelines and the natural resources discovered there .....but still, the heinous acts done in that country in the name of Islam is disgusting and should not be tolerated.

And yet the Saudi's continue to mirror the actions of Afghani's to the letter. Orgies of head chopping a la capital punishment, brutalizing of homosexuals and continued berating of women's rights (albeit a positive to some degree). The same Saudi's who are openly accepted the US government and supported in all capacities. The same Saudi's who comprised the bulk of 9/11 terrorists (if we're to believe what's been told). Yet not a single bomb dropped on this wonderful nation. Your comment of the industrial military complex is spot on, just needs far more emphasis.

This woman's rant, although her right, is fit for the toilet at best. Here's an idea....why not GTFO of Afghanistan and go home, lots of domestic issues there to deal with.

brill
edit on 28-2-2012 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Errr...this woman really doesn't know a lot about foreign policy, or other countries, or any of the stuff she is addressing.

Karzai's got a penchant for raising and harbouring terrorists? He has terrorist sensibilities? He houses the Taliban? Does she know who Karzai is and who set him up?
She's actually calling out Afghanistan's government on killing American soldiers?

Another wonderful example of hyperbole trumping logic and common sense.

edit on 29-2-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join