It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC opens first branch in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This surprised me, because i had a different view of the situation in iran. Must be the onesided news coverage about iran the last few weeks.

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It most probably is a franchise opened by an Iranian business man. As long as you have the cash to pay for a franchise and you have a good place for it, you can go ahead with it.

And it's being re-opened after the earlier closure. These days, any company will let you open a franchise coz they just want the cash.
edit on 26/2/12 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Screw those yankees.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Koran Fried Christians anyone!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
if you would travel to teheran right now, it just would be a big city with lots of traffic, shops and fast food restaurants. how odd.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
For me, it makes sense. USA is using junk food as a weapon. They already successfully tested with us, it will work.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
if you would travel to teheran right now, it just would be a big city with lots of traffic, shops and fast food restaurants. how odd.

Look on Google maps at some of the photos that have been taken there. I think some still Imagine Iran as mud huts
, but in reality they have nice parks, Western clothing, plenty of shops etc. I would say it looks on terms with some of the major European cities. When you look at the photos I think it is clear they are just normal people with a growing economy, I did not see any terrorists holding RPG's or Uranium anyway. Hmmm perhaps the photos on Google maps could be used to analyse media reports in the area, to check for inconsistencies etc.
edit on 26-2-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So thats what all this nuclear was about, its KFC chicken factories! Oh well, their hands will be too greasy to hang onto an AK

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
But they don't have chickens in Iran.

I've never seen a chicken in the middle east.

Lol, I've never seen a chook over there... I know that doesn't mean they can't open a KFC, but.. I've NEVER seen a chook in the middle east..

Well there you go, you just never know huh..

(Actually looks a crapload more humane than cage farms too.. )

O.o

edit on 26-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

But they don't have chickens in Iran. I've never seen a chicken in the middle east. Lol, I've never seen a chook over there...

this is the "there are no chickens in the middle east" conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
This surprised me, because i had a different view of the situation in iran. Must be the onesided news coverage about iran the last few weeks.

au.news.yahoo.com...

Why? The sanctions target the government / military. Aside from that there is not much business on the fast food level between the US and Iran.

Also, as another posted pointed out, the business owner is an Iranian, and it took him 5 years to get local government approval / permits to reopen the KFC.

Good for him I say....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
With all the wonderful and diverse food types most likely available to Iran, why on earth would they want this pig slop. This will only introduce higher obesity rates along with added health problems. I wouldn't feed that garbage to my dog.

brill
edit on 26-2-2012 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
With all the wonderful and diverse food types most likely available to Iran, why on earth would they want this pig slop. This will only introduce higher obesity rates along with added health problems. I wouldn't feed that garbage to my dog.

brill

The same reason I enjoy going to exotic cuisine restaurants that dont serve American food. When you eat it all the time, its nice to have a choice once in a while.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by brill

brill

The same reason I enjoy going to exotic cuisine restaurants that dont serve American food. When you eat it all the time, its nice to have a choice once in a while.

Agree with having choice....now if you could only call this food you'd have a point

2nd
brill

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Why wouldn't thousands of people open businesses in Iran right now, and insure them to the max? Even taking a loss would be acceptable business ethic (never used a word more loosely) atm. KFC's are made of plastic and drywall with kitchen floors so slippery you can barely stand up...and they're hardly bomb proof...even secondarily.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well, if our bombs won't get them, our food will.

Will this planet ever have world peace? Ever?

top topics

join