It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things to know about preparing survival food

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

That's interesting. The article by the guy in California was old, he did not know exactly why it was happening but did know it was happening. I like to find why things happen because blueberries are not the only thing that can effect b12 then, even vitamin C supplements can.

Tried some white pine needle tea tonight with the wife for our colds. It seems to have a calming effect and slightly numbed the tongue. Less coughing for sure and it breaks up the stickiness of the flem so it can be coughed up easier. Has a little of the mild head rush of Ginger. Must be a similar chemical to that in Ginger. Not really strong but we weren't going to make it strong so we wouldn't find out we were allergic to pine. I only know one person who is allergic to pine trees.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I forgot to say that B12 has no toxicity maximum. I drank alot of B12 enriched soy milk one summer and I felt comfortably energetic but then towards the end of the summer I has trouble breathing, like the muscles in my chest burning out. I decided that I took too much vitamin E, something like 10 times the daily dose from a multiple vitamin power that I was putting in the soymilk. A few weeks passed before I felt normal again.

Anyway I've wondered whether 5 or more times the daily requirement of B12 can give you a permanently high energy level.

On a different food, do you know if Green Tea narutally has a high Flouride content? The way it affects my heart feels different than coffee.

Pine trees go all the way back to the dinosaurs

edit on 23-10-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
just read a research article that stated that a small glass of red wine is equivalent to 3+ doses of one of the diabetic drugs. They tell us that red wine is now good for us but don't tell us why. Strange coincidence that a shot of wine is used for communion doesn't it. Go every day to church and have communion and the devil stays away.

edit on 8-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

resveretol is in the red wine.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

Reversterol is high in spruce gum. In the bark of the spruce tree also.www.kjonline.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Some really good info guys and gals. Tumeric is also good for alzeimers and keeping your arteries clear, lowering bad colesterol. Ginger is another good one. Gets rid of bacteria in your gut thats bad.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There are 20 amino acids that our bodies need for optimum health.
Problem is, our bodies only produce 11 of them naturally.
So how can we get the other 9 essential amino acids we need?
By combining certain foods!

Consider eating a combination of foods to create a complete protein. Combine a food item that lacks 1 or more amino acids with another food that contains the missing and essential amino acids. Know the foods that can be combined to form a complete protein like beans with rice, corn with wheat, or grains with dairy. Combining these in the same meal creates a complete protein. Put cheese on legumes or mix it with other vegetables or grain dishes to create a tasty, complete protein meal. Have some lentil or bean soup with whole grain crackers or a peanut butter sandwich on whole grain bread for lunch or a light dinner.

For more info, check this Source

Great thread OP

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Those 20 amino acids is a joke. Almost all people don't produce all the enzymes enabling them to create various amino acids and to utilize different proteins. Some unnecessary amino acids then become necessary as does consuming different foods than others need. This genetic specific diet is very important as is changing the diet at different points in life when the body doesn't produce these enzymes anymore. I have been studying this for six years and find all sorts of evidence but since it is so genetic specific and tied to levels of maturity of the body it makes it hard. Everyone is allergic to something, and that has many causes. The blood type diet is real but most of the agglutination can be neutralized. The plants defense system is another problem, with some people having different natural immunities to this. Present social eating dictates that some foods should be consumed by people because they have health benefits. Building your immune system when you have autoimmune disease is not wise. Keeping our immune systems primed and adequate is the key.

I can't believe what the health industry is saying is good to eat for everyone. For a person with a naturally low metabolism to eat goitinogens is foolish yet the health industry promotes their use. That is not a way to address an autoimmune problem either, consuming mineral supplements is a better way. We need to build the bodies ability to cancel out the effects of neutralizing histamine reactions, not suppress our immune system. I am still working on that, but it seems that everyone looks at treating problems and don't try to make the problem go away. Like I said, not everyone can eat the same foods, science knows that but seems to be avoiding telling people because they haven't a good testing procedure in place. I'm presently trying Iodine with magnesium as a way to boost the metabolism. It works great for me but I seem to have more energy than I need. I cut out the Iodide tablets now to one every three days and continue taking the magnesium. Magnesium is needed for about three hundred enzymes I guess, A person should take a little selenium with this also. Salt is also important, the chloride can help remove the excess fluoride, something I get from coffee.

My body temp is low, a sign of lower metabolism. My brother, mother, father, and daughters have this lower temperature. It gives us a lower metabolism but I was a very hard worker all my life, working long hours, sometime sixteen hrs. a day. I also have a heartrate of a hundred twenty, not a problem at all if you know the limitations. I will no longer take anything to lower it, lowering it to a hundred makes my feet swell up. It involves a double connection to the heart, developing two sets of beats. My uncle had one connection removed and it screwed things up, he died within three years. I control the beat with diet, my normal BP is 140/80 and with that I operate great. This is because of the high heart rate. If my BP spikes I can eat chocolate or mustard(turmuric) or chow. Cucumbers and celery also work. I've been testing these things lately, they work better than blood pressure pills for me. Like I said, I can work continuously for hours on end but I cannot run for very long. Who needs to start running anyway, I can do a hundred yard dash if needed. Mineral supplements help to control BP also. Screw the medicines that block the brown fats from metabolizing fats.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Wow...what a rambling WALL of TEXT

Did you even look at my source? It doesnt appear so because the tangent you just went off on has nothing to do with anything I posted!

I will try to wade thru your reply to me, in spite of the fact it is obvious that you prefer listening to yourself. You have made it clear to me that input from others is not welcome in YOUR narcissistic thread.

With that said,. I never said anything about genetics, enzymes, allergies, pharmaceuticals, metabolism, diet for various life stages, blood type diet, autoimmune deficiencies or even social eating dictates!

The point I was making is, simply, that by combining certain foods in the same meal will create necessary amino acids that our bodies do not produce themselves.

This is something that our ancestors did before multi vitamins etc... were available and it is something that our bodies instinctively crave. (Which is a point I thought you were making with your "trips to the refrigerator" analogy.)

Beans with Rice with Corn tortillas, when eaten together combine to create a perfect and necessary amino acid that the human body does not produce naturally. That is a fact and that was what the point of my post was...Combining different foods to create a more healthful and beneficial diet. It isnt rocket science.

I think you have gone way off topic in your own thread, which to remind you, is about survival food, not advanced nutritional science!

Your thread would have gone much further had you stuck with that premise and did not use words like "agglutination", "goitinogens", etc...

But of course, JMHO

I apologize if I interrupted your thread. It wont happen again.

Continue with your grandiose self
edit on 31-10-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I couldn't open your link. I agree with what you are saying but also am trying to note that some Amino acids that are considered nonessential are actually essential for some people.

I researched all of the things you wrote, they seem to be right on except for exclusions based on genetics. From what I have found the recipies of our ancestors are very important on a genetic basis. It doesn't help that I had a mother who was constantly trying new things. I spent a lot of time in my childhood having symptoms that could have been avoided if she would have listened to her mother. My father taught me some things but did not know why these things worked. I studied what he told me and found that these cures have basis. Using vitamin and minerals as the base for nutrition is the biggest joke there is. This Western diet nightmare is very complex.

Off topic
I am trying to survive right now. The changes of the food chemistry is causing a lot of diseases throughout this country by weakening peoples ability to fight the diseases.
edit on 31-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Now, new evidence is emerging, salt may also be good for you. www.sciencedaily.com...

Of course they will try to cover this up because it will reduce the amount of drugs they can push. Make sure to consume enough potassium foods when upping salt consumption though.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Interesting post. I think we are often trained "out" of recognizing what our body wants/needs. Personally, I have learned over the years to listen to my body, and give it what it wants, as I figure there is likely a reason for the particular craving. Now, if I can just convince it to not want so much......

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For all survivalist crackpot on ATS, you should give serious consideration for a food called pemmican, it is a complete food one can stay year on without degradation of strength or health and if well prepared can conserve itself for many year w/o refrigeration.

It is considered the most concentrated complete food available. It has a very long history of use right here in the historical period of conquest of North America.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join