It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Warns Family Of EMP Strike On U.S. This Year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If your worried just unhook your battery your car will be fine once it's over. Really just relax

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

That was the impression I got, but you would think the federal agencies would have bigger fish to fry in the event of a major EMP strike. One of which would be defense systems going down. I would think limiting where people can go would be a major tactical error as it would cause even more panic to an already unstable environment. Of course I'm basing this all off of conjecture as I'm not the one who makes these decisions or privy to any inside knowledge on this type of scenario.

You are overlooking the behavior of the people...in the cities what would happen if the alarms, the power in every store and home went out? How do people behave?

The first though I have in the EMP question is how would they know it is coming and how soon, we know so very little about our sun, unless they have learned new things we are not privy too.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
More like: shut down the local power grid servicing major cities using small conventional emp bombs, say it was a foreign nuclear attack, release a biological plague in cities and let people die off before rounding up the rest.

In Wisconsin they already have road-block barricades with solar powered anti-tamper/location awareness transmitters on them near main cities. The give away of their true purpose is the independent solar power system, especially, when they could just jack/merge it into the stoplight's power system.

Wonder how long the units would be around after TSHTF. My guess is any non-guarded ones will have the solar panel ripped off within three weeks.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
These "I can't tell you why this information came to me threads" tend to make me laugh.

However, when I was a kid (about age 9), my great aunt bought me a book on the global alien coverup. She told me that "you need to read this as you need to know about these things".

Normally I'd have laughed in someone's face, even at that age, but curiousity got the better of me so I read it and have been a convert ever since.

Several years later, my mother and I were doing some research into what that generation of our family did during World War Two. Grandparents etc were easy research, grandfather in the Navy, grandfather POW in Poland, grandmother was a mechanic, grandmother was a nurse. When we researched my great aunt, we kept running into red tape and brick walls.

Turns out (at least from what we could find out) that she "did something" at Bletchley Park, which was the main code breaking research area for the allies in World War 2. We can't find out what, as it is mysteriously under a "forever publication ban". Now, there are VERY few things from World War 2 (or any other era) that hold this sort of secrecy in the British Government.

We still don't know what it was she did, but we do know that she was the person to go to if you were stuck wth any sort of incredibly complicated math problem.

When she passed away about 10 years ago, her will requested a burial at sea. My mother contacted the UK Navy, and told them my great aunt's name. Within TWO DAYS they sent out a Navy Frigate with officers lining the deck in full parade uniforms and a full power gun salute, and an honor guard for a burial at sea.

Just based on her name. We still don't know what she did, they won't tell us.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
These "I can't tell you why this information came to me threads" tend to make me laugh.

However, when I was a kid (about age 9), my great aunt bought me a book on the global alien coverup. She told me that "you need to read this as you need to know about these things".

Normally I'd have laughed in someone's face, even at that age, but curiousity got the better of me so I read it and have been a convert ever since.

Several years later, my mother and I were doing some research into what that generation of our family did during World War Two. Grandparents etc were easy research, grandfather in the Navy, grandfather POW in Poland, grandmother was a mechanic, grandmother was a nurse. When we researched my great aunt, we kept running into red tape and brick walls.

Turns out (at least from what we could find out) that she "did something" at Bletchley Park, which was the main code breaking research area for the allies in World War 2. We can't find out what, as it is mysteriously under a "forever publication ban". Now, there are VERY few things from World War 2 (or any other era) that hold this sort of secrecy in the British Government.

We still don't know what it was she did, but we do know that she was the person to go to if you were stuck wth any sort of incredibly complicated math problem.

When she passed away about 10 years ago, her will requested a burial at sea. My mother contacted the UK Navy, and told them my great aunt's name. Within TWO DAYS they sent out a Navy Frigate with officers lining the deck in full parade uniforms and a full power gun salute, and an honor guard for a burial at sea.

What was the name of the book?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

It's called the will to survive, you do whatever you have to.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

An interesting story. I have a similar one in my own family about a mysterious uncle who disappeared. The US govt. stonewalled any attempts to acknowledge anything other than his name, and "Classified", permanently.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A emp burst either man made of from the sun or other galactic sources would be devastating. Even if it only disturbed the power supply, communication and transportation for one month, millions of seniors would die if they couldn't access the medications and medical equipment needed for survival.

bad bad bad

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Very interesting.
You should create a thread on this.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Living in the deep southeast I'm very aware of how people react to emergency situations and living without power for stretches of time. I think this closing off all major cities idea (FEMA camp fever) is highly unrealistic. Imagine the scope of an operation like that. I don't disregard the possibility of it happening, I just find it unlikely. My point was that if another country were to attack the United States VIA EMP, I would believe it would be done with the intention of a follow up attack hence my comment on the concerns of defense systems going down. Interesting and complex scenario none the less.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
If your worried just unhook your battery your car will be fine once it's over. Really just relax

Your funny.

I've an FCC license and NMEA senior license in electronics. Been designing, repairing, installing electronics for what is now the DHS for almost 41 years going back to the vacuum tube days. It is the electromagnetic field passing through each PN junction at the speed of light, establishing potential (voltages) that will discharge to neutrality THROUGH the substrate barrier of each PN junction that will either: 1. Cause it to blow to open most violently like a fuse, or 2. Fuse into a glob of slag (short). Each microprocessor has millions of PN junctions. As do the electronics in your watch, the car computers and sensors, all medical equipment, generator and pump controls, all manufacturing for EVERYTHING, etc. I promise you, I know. But the field must have the intensity enough to produce the voltage differential enough to cause the substrate to break down. This is why electronic components have voltage ratings like for your cell phone. You don't plug it directly into 110VAC. A step-down transformer and other limiting/controlling circuitry protects your cell phone from becoming a blinding flash in your hand, that will soon be a stump.
edit on 24-2-2012 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
From what is in the article and what I've read elsewhere, an EMP of that range and magnitude would be achieved by a high altitude nuclear detonation. Maybe that's why you would have 30 minutes to get out of the area. Might be that long before the radiation and shock wave would reach the ground.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

With your electronic background what would be your opinion on the length of time and the ability of the U.S. to recover electronically from a large scale EMP event? I'm not talking about full recovery, I mean adequate recovery.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ultimately God is in control not man. There is no sacred scripture of any civilization that ever says chaos and destruction rule and will overcome. In fact most teach the only power forces of darkness has is the power to create fear & deceive. Have faith. Might is right? No, right is might.
How many of you have hard the elderly say they spent a portion of their life worrying about things that never happened and can't bring that time back?
Do we do the same?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I've an FCC license and NMEA senior license in electronics.

I am curious oh captain of doom, how could one test your hypothesis? Microwave guns? An old xray machine? How would you test this?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by tkwasny

I've an FCC license and NMEA senior license in electronics.

I am curious oh captain of doom, how could one test your hypothesis? Microwave guns? An old xray machine? How would you test this?

Bikini Atoll testing results that are well documented but secure. 1950's

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I seriously believe the OP read "one minute after", an excellent book on this topic.

second

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
reply to post by tkwasny

With your electronic background what would be your opinion on the length of time and the ability of the U.S. to recover electronically from a large scale EMP event? I'm not talking about full recovery, I mean adequate recovery.

No manufacturing equipment will be working, mining equipment deep in mines will be fine. Some electronics inside of Faraday cages will be fine (not all). We have the understanding of how to get back, no time delay for the discovery process. But it will be years.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I seriously believe the OP read "one minute after", an excellent book on this topic.

second

I think it was called One Second After, but close enough. I read the book. It was a bit dry, but you get the point of it. It takes all of about a few hours for people to come to the realization that something is terribly wrong. With cars all stopped in their tracks, no food, or medicine, people stranded away from their homes, hospitals and nursing homes powerless and then abandoned by the staff, people stealing, killing, and just dying from needed meds, and food, and water, of course.

If there were truly a large scale EMP in the US, I'd agree that getting the hell out of the cities would be number one. I'd rather live in a tent in the wilderness, than survive in Los Angeles after 2 days of no power, food, water, and transportation.

ANd getting out in 30 minutes, is because anything after that, with a working truck, you are a dead man.

And for the person that said to unplugg your battery if you are that worried, that does not work. The electronics are fried even without battery power.

edit on 24-2-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
As to an emp strike I think one should look further than their noses. The sun is getting to a solar max, we are in an ort cloud, the planets magnetic core is shifting and all those are natural. So make predictions galore but check all of the factors across the board.
We are entering into a change of great proportions and much bigger than WMDs in the middle east.
Difference is do we follow the fearmongers , or do we do something about our worlds sustainability?
Your choice: Pawn to King : check!
Peace all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join