It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Warns Family Of EMP Strike On U.S. This Year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

oh my god!!!!!

Thank you for the laugh!

That's a lot of diapers if the toilets won't flush....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I could be wrong (this could have already been posted because I only read 1 page) but I thought that an emp only effects electronics that are on during the pulse?

Going back to read the rest of the posts.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Klassified

“When it happens you’ll have 30 minutes to make it out of the city. And even then you’ll only have a one-in-three chance of survival.”

Sorry but people lived centuries without power, I think well manage.

Some people will manage, but the vast majority of people will curl up in a corner in the fetus position and suck their thumbs. People were cut from a different cloth back then, and they had no perspective on power or technology. You take a person that has known nothing but convenience their entire life and all of s sudden take that away... they wouldn't know what to do. It will be a time like this that the natural hunter gatherer instinct will come back.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Bump to read later.

(( Mods, I know that's a no no, but I'm too lazy to use search if this disappears off the main wall.
I'll await your U2U
))

edit on 25-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The War College has determined that the only way another country could take down the USA is an EMP attack. If I remember correctly, 'Hardening' our grid from an attack would run around $30B. Chump change these days. These are facts you can look up.

So, why don't you think America is doing that? The most powerful country on Earth? You know the one with the Eagle, I mean the Pheonix, Rising from the ashes....the one with the Eye of Horus on its currency....the the one with the Mayan Pyramid counting down the years between the base at 1776 to 2012 at the top?

You guys/Gals that think that this is all hot air - are naive to say the least. I laugh at you!!! Read the book 'One Second After' - written by an expert. Have toilet paper on hand & a fresh change of undies. All I can say is this: Wake Up!!!

I know this is harsh, but I really DON'T feel sorry for anyone who is going to die WHEN this scenario plays out. That's only the tip of the iceberg. Quite frankly, If you are too stupid to understand that evil exists, then you get what you deserve and will leave plenty for the rest of us who live in reality..........
Now get cleaned up and get to the Fitness Club. Go clubbing, get drunk, scam on some chicks........you know... Take care of that important stuff in your reality!!!

When you come to my house for food.....the answer is "NO"!!! Button up, 'cause you are in for one Hell of a reality check in the next 10 months.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to hit send and I thought "Hmm, that was kinda harsh. So I will throw you a life line. When you see the Pope step down or killed & the Queen's death both happen by June 13th........then maybe you will wake up. That's all I am gonna give ya.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Devil's advocate here. An '84 would not be near as difficult to modify as today's cars and an engince swap is fairly simple on older vehichles with large engine compartments.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jsmappy

Well yes, that was kind of harsh. Several have already mentioned One Second After. I read it also. You throw out all this concern, and then some cryptic comment at the end. Why don't you elaborate a little on this June 13th comment. We are in this thread for a reason.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I agree that the 1984 aged truck does not make sense, I've always heard you need a car from 1974 or earlier. And the kid still working in some "cool" store.

Whether the story is bull or not, does not matter that much though, an EMP attack could occur at any time.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Whether the story is bull or not, does not matter that much though, an EMP attack could occur at any time.

This is my sentiment too. I don't think it is worth trying to discern, because the possibility of an EMP attack is very high, and it does mean things would go haywire in a serious way. After researching this quite a bit, I just decided to try to make myself as prepared as I can right now. If it doesn't happen, great. But I think it is very likely.
I think it is most likely to happen to the US, too. Our arrogance has made us blind and lazy. Our belief in the force of our technology is our Achilles Heel- because the society is dependant upon that technology now and would be hardest hit if it were knocked out. (Add that to our thinking of ourselves as the worlds police...)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My advise, if you live in the city:

If bombs start falling on Iran, go camping. Take lots of "stuff" with you. Use a fallout map to decide where you will camp. Have the camping site pre-selected. When I lived in KC, it meant somewhere west of Salina, Kansas (exact location - no, won't tell).

Have a route pre-selected to drive out of the city, and make sure it uses sencondary roads ONLY. Two-lane blacktops are your friend. Get to less-developed areas of your metro area, and use that as an escape corridor. If you are able, move to the country, or at least to the fringe of your metro area.

Have a route pre-selected to walk out of the city. Walking/hiking paths are your friends, as are streams. Many streams in urban areas will be unused by others as an escapt route, so take advantage of that.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Ok, the full answer would take a book to write.......which I could write, if there was the time. However, I can provide a few shrt insights...........it may seem a bit disjointed but is all connected.

This all goes back, as it always does, to the Occult. Hidden Knowledge. What you saw on Superbowl Sunday was an occult ritual sacrifice of Whitney Houston. Look at the images. Look up Whitney Bow on Wiki. Look for the pic of the 6 gals carrying 6 urns. 6 (Occult significance) days later Whitney dies.....and I am no Coroner but I would bet my life and maybe I am by even posting this crap, that it was not an O.D.

The Occult is on a mission. A multifaceted mission. It concludes w/ world domination Headed by Apollo from Zion (Jerusalem). Go, to Google and type in 2012 London 2012 Olympic Logo. Backwards it spells ZION. Go to google and type in 2012 Super Bowl Logo. If you draw lines between the points on it - you get 2 things: A Pentagram & the STAR of DAVID. These are not accidents.
Now Athiests and the New Age are not going to like this, but the Truth is the things are all revealed thru the Bible and thru Jesus Christ and his Prophets...............OMG here we go - some Christian freak. LOL

Take the appetizer I have given you and know this. The Truth is easily at everyone's disposal. The 3 examples I gave you , you will go " Holy Crap!!!" on. Trust me. I could give you, and I am not exagerating in the least, at least 1000 examples of hidden messages.

The final word is this. A) You need to take the urgency of my message to heart. If you don't believe me- fine - pray and ask God to show you the way. B) Whats coming in the 'Age of Aquarius' will blow peoples minds...............and it's all a deception. C) While I cannot say with 100% certainty that what I said in my previous post will come to pass, as it is not backed up by God's Prophets. I can tell you with certainty that the Occult has that as part of their plan.

Time is short before all Hell breaks out on this Earth. I wish you all well, and I pray you come to see the Truth.

Namaste?.......................punch anyone in the face who says that.

Peace......................'cause it will never come on this Earth. Out

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsmappy
are naive to say the least. I laugh at you!!!

Are you sure?
You seem like a level headed chap.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Some easy reads;

Protecting electronic devices with Faraday cages www.unitedstatesaction.com...

2001 EMP Commission report empcommission.org...

Tactical Emp weapons exist, non nuke, which can take out just a city or a few acres.

The problem as I see it you will not be able to buy anything, no charge card authorization, cash register scanners, gas pumps.....................

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Keep in mind that Iran has satellites. A satellite may be used to detonate an EMP over the U.S. If Iran is attacked by the U.S., an EMP attack is not impossible nor unlikely, unless they take out their satellites first. Just saying...

If Iran's satellite EMP is going to do any good from way way up there, it must be nuclear. I dont think Iran has the capability to build a nuclear weapon or a power full enough rocket to get it into orbit.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Bump to read later.

(( Mods, I know that's a no no, but I'm too lazy to use search if this disappears off the main wall.
I'll await your U2U
))

Use the subscribe button between the favorite and the alert button. Then click on myATS, and you'll find it in your list of subscribed threads.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

Can we throw one of these mylar/plastic blankets over our cars, do you know?

I'd worry more about a working car than a working computer in a worst case scenario.
edit on 25-2-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by oghamxx

Can we throw one of these mylar/plastic blankets over our cars, do you know?

I'd worry more about a working car than a working computer in a worst case scenario.
edit on 25-2-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

You could just build a crate large enough to back your car into and then wrap the whole thing with a cheap metal layer and ground it. Then park your car in there while you're home. The catch is, you'd have to keep your car in there at all times to fully prevent an EMP from taking it out. I mean, what are the odds you'll be home and not out in the world driving around when an EMP actually happens? Do you have a second car you could store? Either way, it's worth a shot.

reply to post by Klassified

Thanks for the heads up. Is the "subscribe" button suppose to be invisible, because it doesn't appear on my screen? Faves and Alerts do, but there's nothing between them. Oh well. Now I know. Thanks again.

edit on 25-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

The subscribe button is only visible if you have not commented in the thread. Obviously if you've commented you are subscribed to it and can pull the thread back up by looking in your "myats" column.

Took me a year to figure this out.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Well, thanks to you, I learned that in 1/3 the time.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
From what is in the article and what I've read elsewhere, an EMP of that range and magnitude would be achieved by a high altitude nuclear detonation. Maybe that's why you would have 30 minutes to get out of the area. Might be that long before the radiation and shock wave would reach the ground.

There would be no nuclear radiation or shock wave; people wouldn't be harmed, only electronics. I just read William Forstchen's novel "One Second After" (highly recommended) that talks about what would happen after an EMP attack. At first people wouldn't even know what happened, just that the power's out and their cars don't run. After a day or two, the looting of the grocery stores and pharmacies would start. People in nursing homes and hospitals who depend on electronic life support, dialysis, etc. would die first. About a month later, all the diabetics, etc. would be dead. Within 3-4 months, many people would die from starvation. Within a few weeks after the incident, marauding gangs and simply desperate people would migrate from the cities into the countryside, in the hopes of finding food... and they'd just take it away from you if you had any stored. For that matter, your neighbors might do the same.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join