It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A war with Iran is a DUMB idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here are a few FACTS that highlight why attacking Iran is a really dumb idea:

1) China and Russia are both against it, and it would completely distablilize geo politics to the point where it harms economic recovery...and hell, we could end up with WW3. You'd have to be a complete moron to want that. Like it or not, we don't live in the 20th century any longer where 1 superpower reigns over all.

2) It would completely obliterate economic recovery and lead to a recession and more unemployment. Oil prices would rise 30%, and as we all know, access to cheap energy is a major driver of the economy. Increase the price of oil, and you pretty much put the economy on fire at a time where it's already in the curb bleeding.

3) No concrete evidence that Iran is even building a bomb. Remember those WMDs in Iraq? It's the same crap here, you are being played by oil speculators and the defence industry who are desperate for a new source of income now that the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan are slowly coming to an end. Not only the US intelligence community is acknowledgi ng that, but also Israel's Mossad!!!

4) The very same people who pushed for those wars in Iraq through pushing "fear" into people's lives are now at it again...yes, the SAME PEOPLE. You'd have to be really dumb to fall for it twice!! Those crooks are ALL working for either the people benefiting from oil speculation, or the defence industry...take your pick.

5) Both US intelligence and Israeli intelligence agree that even if Iran builds a bomb, they won't use it, just like North Korea isn't using theirs.

6) Attacking Iran now would actually speed up the development of their bomb as they'd be forced to go that route to stand a chance...and that's coming again from US intelligence. Who would have thought that people will go to drastic means to protect themselves

7) Those idiots calling for a war with Iran have been claiming "they will have a bomb soon (TM)" for years and years and years. In fact, they've been doing so for over 30 years now!!!!!!!!!

8) Guess who funded Iran's nuclear program in the first place

9) Guess who put the current radical Iranian government in power in the first place by overthrowing the previously more moderate government? The CIA admits it for crying out loud. In case you're wondering why the US would do that...Iran nationalized its oil production and kicked out BP and a few US companies

10) If you listen to those fundamentalist idiots here in the US, you'd think Iran simply wants to kill Jews. In reality, it IS a Muslim country for the most part, but did you know inside Iran Jews are protected and even having seats in the government (link). But hey, let's just ignore that fact and pretend they want to kill all Jews

In short: Can we PLEASE use some common sense and pay attention to FACTS rather than fall for the same neo-con crap we went through in Iraq for a 2nd time? Please? Because this is getting really silly...

And don't get me started on the nutjobs who believe an even bigger war in the Middle East would somehow lead to the "end times" and their "saviour returning". Because those guys are beyond help, they are MENTALLY ILL!!

If for nothing else, stand up against this war for the world's economy sake!! It can't take a war like that where oil prices hamper economic recovery and growth!

PS: Sorry for the many exclamation marks...it's just really starting to piss me off

PPS: Credits for this collection of facts goes to Zerohedge. I just wanted to type some more things out, because many people would be simply too lazy to click the link if I posted it.
edit on 24-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
War is dumb.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nice job of compelling this facts!

Well deserved SnF.

War doesn't do the economy any good whatsoever.

I don't care what anybody says.

Want proof of my claim?

Proof War Is Bad For The Economy

it's a lenghty, well-sourced and well-written article.

please take the time to read it.

but i agree, attacking Iran is bad news.

attacking anyone is bad news.

*hippy in me*

Make Love Not War!

edit on 24-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
War maby DUMB, but we know how much govt loves thier DUMBs just in case....

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
No one is questioning that war with IRAN is dumb.

However pick your poison.

Economic dowfall for a short period or Nuclear Holcaust and millions dead world wide

The choice is yours.........

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Nuclear Holcaust and millions dead world wide

yup them terroribs are coming for you with their nuclear jihad.

better watch yourself!

i mean Israel has at least 300 nukes and god knows how many the US got.

Iran has NONE, ZERO, NADA, yet it has to be attacked just in case?

ridiculous

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't agree with all your points, but 100% agree with your conclusion.

A war with Iran is a DUMB idea

edit on 24-2-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: ghrammour vronkh

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I agree. War is stupid.

War is what happens when politicians fail to do their job.

But what if.

What if Iran uses their "potential" bomb.

Kind of like shutting the barn door after the horses have left.

Do we risk war?
Or do we risk peace?

ETA; just read Kellynap's post. didn't mean to repeat. (I should have read the thread) Apologies

edit on 24-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
...and hell, we could end up with WW3. You'd have to be a complete moron to want that.

what if ww3 is the goal? we know they're morons already.

we're all gonna get *#%&ed on this deal...the whole world..it's just gonna hurt more for Iran.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Someone is gonna put their foot right up America's and israel's asses one day soon and believe me its gonna hurt.

Somehow,some way the people must be awakened before it is too late.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Economic dowfall for a short period or Nuclear Holcaust and millions dead world wide

You clearly didn't read my post, because your point is complete and utter nonsense

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Do we risk war? Or do we risk peace?

If you were a gambling man, you should pick "not attacking Iran". Why? Because at least that way, you stand a chance a achieving peace. If you attack, war is guaranteed. It's really common sense

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Do we risk war? Or do we risk peace?

If you were a gambling man, you should pick "not attacking Iran". Why? Because at least that way, you stand a chance a achieving peace. If you attack, war is guaranteed. It's really common sense

If we attack Iran, and they were never going to attack us, then we're ass-hat global thugs.

If we attack Iran, and they were going to attack us, then we're heros.

If we don't attack Iran, and they were never going to attack us, then we just have Idol to fight about, and we're all happy.

If we don't attack Iran, and they do attack us, then Idol will be the least of our worries nd many of us will all be dead.

Thugs, heros, happy or dead.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nothing indicates they are actively building nukes and even if they get nukes, they aren't likely to ever actually use them. Same goes for North Korea. And that's both US and Mossad intelligence saying that...

Every nation with nukes knows that using them against another nation that has nukes (or is protected by a nation with nukes) would destroy their own country. The Iranian leadership might be torturing dictators, but they have a will to live because what they really crave is power. There are no winners in nuclear war, and the Iranian leadership knows this.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Nothing indicates they are actively building nukes and even if they get nukes, they aren't likely to ever actually use them. Same goes for North Korea. And that's both US and Mossad intelligence saying that...

I work for the government. I wouldn't trust thing one they said to the public.

Every nation with nukes knows that using them against another nation that has nukes (or is protected by a nation with nukes) would destroy their own country. The Iranian leadership might be torturing dictators, but they have a will to live because what they really crave is power. There are no winners in nuclear war, and the Iranian leadership knows this.

Rational people, I don't worry so much about. And that included the soviets during the cold war.

It's the irrational theocracies that provide concern.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You can't just bomb a country without concrete proof

If the US starts doing that, they might just as well arrest random citizens and put them in jail (or worse) without having to provide proof...oh...wait

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

You can't just bomb a country without concrete proof

Wait, huh? Since when?

If the US starts doing that, they might just as well arrest random citizens and put them in jail (or worse) without having to provide proof...oh...wait

Glad you caught yourself on that one

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

But,but our gubberment and boob tube told us they would kill us all. Why are you lying?

Our gubberment and the celebrity newscasters would never say such horrific things if they weren't true.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

You are right that attacking Iran could potentially create WWIII if China/Russia appear on the scene. The Globalist Bankers want WWIII anyway, so as they can then place their United Nations in charge of the planet after the war.

Definitely best to leave them alone, they're a very peaceful country, and we don't want the Bankers getting their way with a One-World Dictatorship
edit on 24-2-2012 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

1) China and Russia are against everything. What planet are you living on?

2) Ok so if something is good for the economy then ti's right? Doing a wrong for a right reason is still wrong, buddy.

3) So the UN is out to lunch, eh? The people who're tasked to look for nukes say that Iran is making nukes.

4) Hey, blaming Bush and Cheney again, are you? Or is it the illuminati or freemasons?

5) Assuming you're right and they don't use it, somebody who would might get their hands on it. Last I looked, the middle east is a region filled with violence and uprisings. Someone is sure to want a nuke. It's like handing a kid a grenade and telling him to have some fun. It's too unstable for nukes.

6) If a bad guy is stuck in a house looking for his illegal automatic and police shout that they're coming in, don't you think he'll look harder than ever for it? Or should he just give up and go to prison for life?

7) Really? The UN says Iran is building nukes, and they've been saying that for 30 years? Are you sure about that?

8) Yes and we were meant to keep a watch over it and make sure Iran was peaceful. (which they weren't)

9) Can't comment about these claims, don't know anything about that.

10) Ok so there're some jews in Iran and I'm sure that Ahmadinejad is a close friend to each one.

I agree that we should use some common sense and pay attention to fact. You could start by doing that yourself. I don't know what you mean by "neo-con crap". I agree that religious fundamentalists are dumb. But I get the feeling that you're attacking them because they're easy targets to pick on.

Why don't you attack yourself? You might learn something. In your own way, you look to me no more or less sensible than a fundamentalist. Your arguments don't impress me. You have a lot to learn.
edit on 24-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join