It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama : I've got 5 years to pass amnesty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yet again amnesty coming up... Bush tried at least twice to pass it... Obama tried at least once... and of course he's promising to try yet again.

Obama: I've got five years to revamp immigration

President Obama predicted re-election in an interview this week with Univision Radio, telling a largely Hispanic audience he will use a second term to push comprehensive immigration overhaul.

"My presidency is not over," Obama said when asked about the failure to come up with an immigration bill. "I've got another five years coming up. We're going to get this done."

And by ``comprehensive immigration overhaul``, they mean ``total amnesty where illegal immigrants can bring their entire family in the country``... if you remember the past amnesty bills, that what it did... good thing it didn't pass.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My response:

edit on CFridaypm040440f40America/Chicago24 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Obama will need every vote he can get with the mess he created. Imagine how many votes he would get if he actually passed amnesty?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wishful thinking on his part.

Obama's got 10 months before he's irrelavent.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well sadly enough, I think he's right about 5 more years.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The only people voting for Obama this time around will be racists who are voting for him because he is black. And illegal aliens voting out of gratitude.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what he doesn't screw up the next idiot in office will. This country is beyond hope and fixing, unless the people put some average Joe in office that has absolutely no past political career or "friends in high places". But that won't ever happen because it's all a show. It's like a high school popularity contest on steroids.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Obama will be re-elected like it or not

You guys going to have to accept the fact that you have a black president for another 4 years

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Like every other thing in this country, immigration is a mess. An overhaul is greatly needed.

By substantially increasing the price for legalization / immigration, it would help our nation's balance sheet that is for sure. With approximately 11 million undocumented immigrants, if you make the fee $10,000 per person, then you are looking at nearly $110 billion dollars in revenue to the feds. You can make this even better by downsizing the INS and starting over for all new applicants to the US. This could even run as a profitable sector of our government.

Immigrants will be needed from all over to subplant the decreasing birthrates. As baby boomers die off and fewer people are able to take their place, the economy will continue to contract. Japan has had the same problem for the last 20 years with an aging population and fewer babies being born. China's 1 child policy will begin to affect its economy as well in the next decade.

I'm not naive enough to think that all 11 million undocumented immigrants are going to pay the $10k, but given the opportunity for legalization I think most would jump at the chance. Also, who's to say $10k is the limit? Supply and demand may call for a higher price still. Maybe citizenship could go to the highest bidder? It's a tangible benefit that our country is undervaluing.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by redstripe1229

Good post, but sadly that kind of mentality is not common around here.

I'm just prepared for the "Ship them all out, and throw sharks in the river

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Wishful thinking on his part.

Obama's got 10 months before he's irrelavent.

Sadly this is wishful thinking on your part . Obama will be reappointed to his second term by the powers that be that control world politics. The computer program detailing Obamas win has already been written.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Obama is such a predictable liar. Remember when he said he wouldnt seek reelection? Now he is sure of victory. Now he says its about amnesty, well go ahead and vote for him because of that, I can tell you its a lie and he wont support amnesty if he gets reelected. Anything that guy says just take the opposite and that will be his policy. All combat troops home!
edit on 24-2-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The sad part is, compared to the current GOP line-up, he's a gazillion times better. Those guys are a complete joke and don't stand a chance in hell of winning.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Illegals already get free health care.. free education .. free protective services.. huge tax credits.. they can vote.. and clearly already live in America..

Even if they don't get amnesty (or if they do..) it doesn't matter because well, frankly, they already have most of the benefits.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redstripe1229

Like every other thing in this country, immigration is a mess. An overhaul is greatly needed.

Yeah but you know it's gonna be real bad when they do it because it's the sellouts in congress that will do it.

There's no way in hell they make a GOOD reform.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You guys going to have to accept the fact that you have a black president for another 4 years

Who cares if he's black or white or green? ATSers and most Americans don't want a bank puppet as president, which Obama, Romney, Gingrich and Santorum are.

Obama needs to go.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You keep posting that around the forum and I've got absolutely no idea what the heck it's supposed to mean. Care to enlighten us all on exactly what it is that you are saying?

Originally posted by muse7

:shk: seriously ??? you really just pulled that stupid race card out? :shk:

edit on 2/24/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter what sock puppet we have as a leader. In their eyes(TPTB) immigration isn't broken, it's working exactly as planned.
An increase of cheap labor into the labor market depresses wages across the board, the fact that their immigration status is uncertain keeps them from attaining what would be the equilibrium wage.
Conservative types see it as an invasion, liberal types see the conservatives as racist, you get your divide and conquer and cheap labor, what could be better for the powers that be?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yeah let;s play the race card since Romeny is Hispanic!

What do people have a problem with a Hispanic Potus?

Break the law get a free pass which is what Obama his cronies have been doing for the last 3 years and will continue to do till the up coming election.

5 years to pass amnesty to reward those who break the law well birds of a feather do flock together.

As to another 5 years of hope and change oops i mean despair and the shaft want some real hope and change vote Obama out.

The current state of the union is all the reason to fire him.
edit on 24-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Lurk moar

(It's an internet meme made popular by 4chan.)

On topic - The only real hope America has is Ron Paul. He doesn't play by the bankers rules like Obama, Bush, Clinton etc. do/did. I never understood this whole "amnesty for illegals" thing. Heck, I never understood mass immigration. My thoughts are - If your country is so screwed up, shouldn't you be doing everything possible to fix it instead of running away from it? Giving amnesty to illegals is like letting a bank robber keep the loot he stole. It just doesn't make sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join