It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian conservative leader advocates murdering gays on TV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't know it doesn't sounds that caustic, in context. And trust me I'm gay.

What is perhaps more interesting is the fact that he is peddling $60.00 CDs on the book of Luke i believe.
Not religious here, but isn't there something about Money changers at the Temple or something?

Shouldn't religion be something of the spirit and not a thing about money? A sacred and personal thing, having little to do with bankers? I guess TV evangelicism has a high price.

Maybe when he picks up a hooker the next time she will do it for free, in light of the fact that he claims to be a man of the cloth.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Your gay? Well, I guess you know who NOT to look at then!!! lol

Yes, you're on trak about the money thing, and what it is NOT suppose to be about in the church.

$60 a pop, jeez, do I get the new Grand Theft Auto with that?
Seems would be par, killing game with a Jimmy Swag preachin' CD
[insert Ford Fairlane OOHHHHH !!!] heh

Misfit

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RATT
What christian religeon is he part of? Their are dozens....Just curious.

Best I could find on his site is "Family Worship Center is a full Gospel Interdenominational Church"

To me, that's "use what we want, to hell with the rest".

Had to get out quik tho, seemed the longer I was there, the stronger I felt this incredible urge to fall upon my knees and................... laugh hysterically that this guy thinks he is something special, on the other hand an urge to cry because millions of people think the same thing of him!!

AARRGG

Misfit

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Like any self respecting queer would wanna look anyway.

I'm hungry for a man, not f***ing starved.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Even if he was serious about what he said he was only talking about himself killing gay men who ask to marry him.

Come on dude! Do you even have the faintest idea of what you are saying? "Only talking about himself killing gay men who ask to marry him"?? Like that is some how ok?

By the way verfed, he said he would kill them if they "looked at him that way". Nothing about "asking to marry him". That doesnt even make sense, who would just walk up to someone they don't know and ask to marry them.

You are trying way too hard here when deep down you know this is ALL wrong. I can't believe some people.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther
OOOPS.

Yes, sorry. I forget not everyone knows (not that it matters).

Yes, I'm a lesbian. That's what I meant by "we". If Bush is re-elected, watch what will happen.

Hold up. Bush has never advocated anything like that. Sure, the 'protecting the sancity of marriage ammemdment' shows that he is bigoted against gays, or at least not thinking straight (er, pun not intendd), but thats not the same as promotiong mass murder. I'm sure that there were antisemites in weirmar and nazi germany who didn't want the jews rounded up and executed. Its a bit of a jump to go from discrimination to mass murder.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Remember the "Moral Majority"? Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by esther
Officially sanctioning discrimination is how it STARTS.

I agree, the whole concept is disgusting, but the constituional rights have been abused before. Its still a big jump from that ammendment to group murder tho, and the one simply doesn't imply the other.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
While our eyes are fixated on radicals far and beyond, we seemed to have lost our myopic senses; the west is packed full of radicals of all creeds, we need to decapitate these people first, they're the ones who will do more harm to us, not the supposed terrorists in Iraq who live to kill Americans.

Deep

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I didn't say he was a nice man.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Awe... sounds to me like Jimmy's just a cute little shy insecure pumpkin' all filled up with cute little bundles of psychotic fear. Come on, Jimmy, hug? Hug?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There is no such things as gay, homosexuality.

These people create ideologys of actions then create names for them.

Like sexuality

If it's man and women it's hetrosexuality
If it's men it's homosexuality
If it's two women's it's lesbian

If a man looks at man and man and women and women as just immoral actions.

How can you call him hetrosexual? hetrosexulity comes from root of sexuality, because the others don't exist therefor he can not be called a hetrosexual.

It's like saying what country are you from, when their is only one nation on the earth. People will like to believe there are countrys, but another may just see one nation.

So if a dog commits the attack of sexual intercourse of with a human female both consent. Therefor the law must be ok with it.

Then you could add for sexual prefrence.

Hetrosexuality
Homosexuality
Beastality

Do you see how the last 5 words ality move it into a group.

Conclusion

Man and women have sexual organs in order to procreate.

Society likes to make names and lifestyles for what people do. Which in reality is immorality, unatural acts.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Who says the only purpose of sex is to procreate? if you compared the number of times people had sex to procreate and the number of times people had sex to pleasure eachother, you would no doubt find the procreate sex to be far less than the pleasure sex.

Does that make having sex with no intention to procreate immoral, or unnatural?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Swaggart didn't advocate killing gays, but actually expressed what is an almost universal aversion, jokingly. We Southerners are known for our ironic hyperbole. He should have found a better way to express his emotion. However, the evangelist did apologize and I think it should be noted. I was living in New Orleans when he had to make his last big apology. It was considerably more dramatic.

Swaggart apologizes for gay-bash comment

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP-CP) � Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart apologized today for saying in a televised worship service that he would kill any gay man who looked at him romantically.

A complaint was filed with the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council after the show aired on a Toronto station, and Swaggart said his Baton Rouge-based Jimmy Swaggart Ministries has received complaints from gay groups over the remarks made on the Sept. 12 telecast.

In the broadcast, Swaggart was discussing his opposition to gay marriage when he said "I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry."
"And I'm going to be blunt and plain: If one ever looks at me like that, I'm going to kill him and tell God he died," Swaggart said to laughter and applause from the congregation.

Today, Swaggart said he has jokingly used the expression "killing someone and telling God he died" thousands of times, about all sorts of people. He said the expression is figurative and not meant to harm.

"It's a humorous statement that doesn't mean anything. You can't lie to God � it's ridiculous," Swaggart told The Associated Press. "If it's an insult, I certainly didn't think it was, but if they are offended, then I certainly offer an apology."

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
[quoteToday, Swaggart said he has jokingly used the expression "killing someone and telling God he died" thousands of times, about all sorts of people. He said the expression is figurative and not meant to harm.

"It's a humorous statement that doesn't mean anything. You can't lie to God � it's ridiculous," Swaggart told The Associated Press. "If it's an insult, I certainly didn't think it was, but if they are offended, then I certainly offer an apology."

Oh ok. If I ever see jimmy swaggart, 'I'll kill him and tell god he died'. Oh man, that is funny. Heck, if I ever meet up with a member of his congregation, 'i'll kill him and tell god he died'. Ah, we'll all have a good laugh, except for that guy that is dead because 'i'll've killed him and told god he died'. Does swaggart have a wife, or just prostitutes? If he's got a wife, I think "I'll kill her and tell god she died" Or maybe giving women money to have sex with them is some sort of southerner joke. I could offer her money to bang her. Or Swaggarts mom. Me and Jimmy will have a good laugh over that one, or we would've except "I'll kill him and tell god he died". Any kids for swaggart, besides illegitimate bastards? "I'll kill them and tell god they died" Oh man, this is just great.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well, apologies are always good in any case. Hard to condemn someone's actions if they make a thorough apology and there's no harm done.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Apologies are a dime a dozen. Anybody can spit out "I'm sorry" when they're pressed to. For the record, I think it was a joke and not meant maliciously. However, having said that, I still have a problem with it because it shows how casual his prejudice is. If he can make an insensitive insulting joke without thinking twice about it or even noticing he's done it, then that means that his prejudice is so deeply ingrained that it's a natural thing for him to feel that way. It would be nice, considering he's supposed to be a religious and spiritual leader, if he would just stop doing things that need to be apologized for. These remarks aren't very christian.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
Apologies are a dime a dozen. Anybody can spit out "I'm sorry" when they're pressed to. For the record, I think it was a joke and not meant maliciously. However, having said that, I still have a problem with it because it shows how casual his prejudice is. If he can make an insensitive insulting joke without thinking twice about it or even noticing he's done it, then that means that his prejudice is so deeply ingrained that it's a natural thing for him to feel that way. It would be nice, considering he's supposed to be a religious and spiritual leader, if he would just stop doing things that need to be apologized for. These remarks aren't very christian.

Not everyone can spit out an apology, even when pressed. It does show a lack of sensitivity, but let me share a personal anecdote. I grew up in a 100% white, caucasian, environment (New Hampshire) and my father called the lazy bums drinking beer on their porches all day 'porch monkeys.' Later on in the Marine Corps I used this term liberally to describe lazy people just like anyone could say 'bums.'

One day a black Marine from the south told me 'porch monkey' is just as bad as saying ''n-word'.' I had no idea about that at all, as hard as some people might find that believable, it's true and I had zero idea that it had racial connotation to anyone.

So a lot of times people aren't being insensitive in spirit when they make verbal guffaws that shock others, they just come from a different frame of reference. An apology works in most cases and if it's shown to be sincere it's not good to hold grudges.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join