It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skip station taking only emergency calls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hey guys, if i got the QTH on this guy right and he was located in or near the mohave desert.
these guys were doing some sort of drill or actual emergency operation over the cb, 35 lower sideband.

anyone know what this might be about? sorry i dont have no recording, had to charge my recorder battery.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by radiotracker350
Hey guys, if i got the QTH on this guy right and he was located in or near the mohave desert.
these guys were doing some sort of drill or actual emergency operation over the cb, 35 lower sideband.

anyone know what this might be about? sorry i dont have no recording, had to charge my recorder battery.

Can you please provide an online link to live stations we might be able to listen to. Or a link to frequency settings.

Also....what did you hear them saying that made you post this thread...S&F...

TIA...

Des
edit on 23-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
well, he (base operator 250) was talking to a few other stations, 292, and one other guy, this was last night. he said something about their coming into town, and later a guy was reporting that the roads were clear, idk what that couldve been about, but anyway, if it happens again, you can use globaltuners.com
edit on 23-2-2012 by radiotracker350 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

well, he (base operator 250) was talking to a few other stations, 292, and one other guy, this was last night. he said something about their coming into town, and later a guy was reporting that the roads were clear, idk what that couldve been about, but anyway, if it happens again, you can use globaltuners.com

Great site, I just made an account with them, TY!!!

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
yw, its a good site to have for those with no radios

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

yw, its a good site to have for those with no radios

I suggest you post the site/link in the ATS Survival Forum. It would be a nice asset to a lot of preppers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by radiotracker350

can you tell us none americans what a skip station is ? also can you type the full words so that everyone can understand not initials . thanks .

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by radiotracker350

can you tell us none americans what a skip station is ? also can you type the full words so that everyone can understand not initials . thanks .

The OP posted this name/link to listen to shortwave radio transmissions for free. Go to the link, open your free account. They didn't ask for any personal info. Just a login name...they send you a password, and there ya go...

There is a great interactive world map where you can find live transmissions in your area, plus a complete list of free shortwave radio stations you can listen to.

www.globaltuners.com...

Give it a try....

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
more then just shortwave, it has that and more depending on what receiver you choose, the site alltogether tracks everything from shortwave communications to ham radios, police and all.

a skip station is a station that isnt local, but you can receive these stations when radio conditions are affected by solar activity. i used QTH for the modern day use of cb ssb (citizens band single sideband) for location, these Q codes can be looked up on sites like livecbradio.com

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

thank you for clearing this up for me

new topics

top topics

join