It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I had to refrain from saying that I jumped into my body but only because my eyes never closed and ...... wait. A better way to say this, is that I did not have any sensation as though I was going back in to my body, just the bed. From the time I landed in the bed and the encounter, I can not say I remember waking up or jumping in or out of my body. When I was pulled out of my bed I rolled over in the process to try and grab the sheet but I distinctly remember the sheet being held up by what appeared to be thin air. So I kinda figured if it was astral projection, then I would have seen my body and should have felt some sensation when jumping back into my body. But then again we messed around with the door, and nothing in the environment appeared unusual. I am okay with the thought of it being real except I know I did not literally jump into my bed afterwards, I mean there was no movement of my limbs at all. My whole body moved at once. I do not understand it so I am leaning mainly towards astral projection or a dream. But also if it was either of those then how do I remember everything so vividly but not waking up? If astral projection, then how did we touch the door? I am just going to count this as a "who knows" type of thing. I was hoping for a possible explanation, but did not expect to really get one, which is fine.

Also, I have this to add about astral projection and shadow people....
. I will explain later tonight after I put my kids to bed and have some free time. However, I fully, without a doubt, believe now that astral projection is possible.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I woke up in my bed and had only a few seconds to sense I was not alone before I was literally grabbed by ankle out of the bed and onto the floor. Once I hit the floor I instantly jumped up and starting swinging at thin air hoping to hit whatever grabbed me. After not hitting anything I moved to the door which was a little more than half way closed to check on my kids(my first response to everything). As soon as I put my hand on the door and gave it a little push to open it this thing was next me and pushed the door closed. I gave a face like, "oh no you didn't!" while it simply laughed at me like it was playing a game. So I told it to do it again as I pushed the door open with some force this time. It responded by slamming it back where I immediately grabbed the door to keep it from slamming. Without hesitation I took my right hand and grabbed the black figure by the throat and I looked in its "face" and told it, "I'm stronger than you" with a evil smile. After uttering my last word I threw this thing to the floor where it slammed into me desk that I am currently sitting at. I could sense the fear that overtook this being and I laughed at it. With a thought of, "Well, if this is the only thing here I might as well go back to bed. This is when I sort of just flew back into my bed. I do not remember jumping or grabbing the blanket. As I laid in bed, I thought, "wait, did that just happen?" So I sat up fully awake, very puzzled, and conducted a reality check just to make sure. With nothing else to do I went back to sleep.
reply to post by Timical

Have you ever read Robert Monroe's book, "Journeys Out of the Body"?

I haven't read it in awhile but I remember him describing how he could physically feel attic insulation after putting his hand through the ceiling. Another time he visited a friend in the astral and physically pinched her to where it left a mark on her skin. If I remember correctly, he also had encounters with entities in which they would latch on to him and other wierd encounters.

Maybe you should check out the book to find simularities to what you experienced.

Please share more of your experiences.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Of course.

I've been drawn to poltergeist activity, as it interests me for some reason. In one such "haunted" place, I almost got hit in the head with a rock. In this place, things would move every so often, doors would lock and unlock, open and close. And if there was little or no light, things would get thrown from other rooms at me and whoever else was there. A piece of a light fixture was even hurled down from the ceiling once. None of the objects never hit anyone though, as far as I know, except for one time; a penny hit the hand of one of my friends and left a burn mark. It was weird. That place has no more activity though; there was some sort of bowl with another bowl and some ashes and sticks in it that was apparently used at some point in the past to divine or channel otherworldly # or whatever. The bowl was just gone one day, and everything stopped happening.

I saw a UFO just once. It hovered over my house for a bit before zooming away. It was triangular, and didn't make a sound. Not at all. I was pretty shaken up. Actually, now that I just recalled that memory, which was about six or seven years ago, I just realized that I've been having deja vu of the movement of the aircraft, probably in dreams. The way it floated was... Haunting, I guess. I actually don't remember any of the dreams themselves, but it seems like I would have, because I know I've had that deja vu feeling recalling that moment all those years ago several times lately. The memories don't feel like dreams though. It seems like I just saw it and it was instantly dismissed as unimportant, but not by me. That's freakin' weird... But hell, probably just dreams. Eh.

Finally, I've seen several ghostly apparitions; they always move erratically and are sort of light greyish and faintly luminescent. One such was humanoid; it walked across the road in front of the vehicle I was in at the moment. Not like right in front of it, but maybe about twenty or so yards away. It disappeared into the ditch at the other side of the road and faded into nothingness. I was young then, so I was kinda freaked out. My mom, the driver, didn't see it. More recently, about three or four years ago, I walked outside to talk on the phone. I looked to my left, and, surfreakinprise, there's a featureless dog-sized quadruped with the same weird glow as the man I saw walking across the road so long ago. It was about forty or fifty feet away. Something like that. Anyway, it broke into a run as soon as I saw it, away from me; it seemed to start at and maintain a constant speed, and it seemed to be running so smoothly that it may as well have been gliding. Then it turned sharply, like, 90 freakin' degrees, without slowing down. Imagine that. Impossible. It was going way too fast for that kinda thing. It turned just like one of those bike things in Tron. And it just kept going until it faded behind the tall grass. It was paralyzed for a few seconds.

In a related incident, the first time I went to that aforementioned haunted-ass house, I sat in the back seat of the vehicle with three others in there with me. The two in the front seat freaked out as we approached, saying later that they saw a "cat that wasn't a cat"; they described to me what sounded just like one of those ghostly apparitions that I have seen.

It seems like there is at least one other incident that I'm missing dealing with those weird ghosty things. I guess it just isn't coming to mind. Ah, well.

Any clarification on what I might have seen would be cool, also. Hahahah. If I can get some information on these things, I would like to seek them out.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensleeves
Of course.

I've been drawn to poltergeist activity, as it interests me for some reason. In one such "haunted" place, I almost got hit in the head with a rock. In this place, things would move every so often, doors would lock and unlock, open and close. And if there was little or no light, things would get thrown from other rooms at me and whoever else was there. A piece of a light fixture was even hurled down from the ceiling once. None of the objects never hit anyone though, as far as I know, except for one time; a penny hit the hand of one of my friends and left a burn mark. It was weird. That place has no more activity though; there was some sort of bowl with another bowl and some ashes and sticks in it that was apparently used at some point in the past to divine or channel otherworldly # or whatever. The bowl was just gone one day, and everything stopped happening.

I saw a UFO just once. It hovered over my house for a bit before zooming away. It was triangular, and didn't make a sound. Not at all. I was pretty shaken up. Actually, now that I just recalled that memory, which was about six or seven years ago, I just realized that I've been having deja vu of the movement of the aircraft, probably in dreams. The way it floated was... Haunting, I guess. I actually don't remember any of the dreams themselves, but it seems like I would have, because I know I've had that deja vu feeling recalling that moment all those years ago several times lately. The memories don't feel like dreams though. It seems like I just saw it and it was instantly dismissed as unimportant, but not by me. That's freakin' weird... But hell, probably just dreams. Eh.

Finally, I've seen several ghostly apparitions; they always move erratically and are sort of light greyish and faintly luminescent. One such was humanoid; it walked across the road in front of the vehicle I was in at the moment. Not like right in front of it, but maybe about twenty or so yards away. It disappeared into the ditch at the other side of the road and faded into nothingness. I was young then, so I was kinda freaked out. My mom, the driver, didn't see it. More recently, about three or four years ago, I walked outside to talk on the phone. I looked to my left, and, surfreakinprise, there's a featureless dog-sized quadruped with the same weird glow as the man I saw walking across the road so long ago. It was about forty or fifty feet away. Something like that. Anyway, it broke into a run as soon as I saw it, away from me; it seemed to start at and maintain a constant speed, and it seemed to be running so smoothly that it may as well have been gliding. Then it turned sharply, like, 90 freakin' degrees, without slowing down. Imagine that. Impossible. It was going way too fast for that kinda thing. It turned just like one of those bike things in Tron. And it just kept going until it faded behind the tall grass. It was paralyzed for a few seconds.

In a related incident, the first time I went to that aforementioned haunted-ass house, I sat in the back seat of the vehicle with three others in there with me. The two in the front seat freaked out as we approached, saying later that they saw a "cat that wasn't a cat"; they described to me what sounded just like one of those ghostly apparitions that I have seen.

It seems like there is at least one other incident that I'm missing dealing with those weird ghosty things. I guess it just isn't coming to mind. Ah, well.

Any clarification on what I might have seen would be cool, also. Hahahah. If I can get some information on these things, I would like to seek them out.

Well, the poltergeist activity sounds more like a demonic entity because it was trying to harm you (throwing things at you). I've never heard of poltergeist actually trying to harm anyone. They are just annoying... knocking, banging, taking things and replacing them in a different place, etc. Glad to hear the bowl of ashes disappeared!

As for the UFO, do you recall any missing time after you saw it? I need this answer before I can respond.

The ghostly figures are probably just earthbound spirits that decided to stick around instead of moving on to the light at death. Although, this description could also relate to a Gray E.T. from what I've read.

The animal, I'm not so sure about. I have a post a couple of pages back from the show Text"Dead Files". You'll have to watch it on you tube to get to part three where the medium on the show sees a very creepy creature in a basement. I have a link on the post. Check it out and see if it looks anything like what you saw.

There are so many things that walk among us that people just don't realize are there! Very creepy things!

Thanks for sharing your stories! Glad to get some new posters on here. This is my first thread, and I am very pleased with the results. I want to see how long I can keep it going.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

I have not read any books on astral projection, only a former website(which after it shut down I was led here) and numerous threads on ATS, even one of my own. Thank you for the suggestion, I will try to run to Barnes and Noble this weekend and pick it up. Hopefully they have it.

My update on what happened last night, is going to have to wait because I am rather busy with another thread trying to capture videos.

Hey Greensleeves(one of my favorite songs) I have never seen or heard of an animal like creature the way you said it. Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed it.

UPDATE: I have a third video and am going out now to get the fourth, the videos are in the process of attaching to an email for me to send them.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Timical because: Update duh!

Sorry wrong thread.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Timical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

When i was younger,say between the ages of 15 and 30,i was virtually plagued with obe's,out of body experiences,which would happen around 3 or 4 times a week and quite often more than once a night.The only problem is,we dont really know whats going on.Are they alien induced? Are they caused by hallucinations within our brains? Are they caused by the intervention of male and female demons known as incubus and sucubus? Are they caused by night hags, meaning witches and warlocks? Are they caused by psychic vampires? Are they caused by our souls literally traveling into alternate realities within other dimensions and are we going to those places by our own subconscious freewill? Or is something or someone taking our souls there?

edit on 17-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I just caught this thing on film..... FINALLY!!!!!
I think this is an UFO! I went to get my camera, and it was gone (again) when I got back outside. I sat there a minute or two, and it came back.... YEA!!!!

I enlarged it on my picture program, and you should see this thing! I've never seen anything quite like it! It is orange, and shaped really weird.
Anyone have any idea what it could be?

Sorry, I can't get it to post here for some reason, but you can click on the link to see it. The pic is small. I thought since I enlarged it before saving it it would come across bigger. If you have a program you can enlarge it with, please do! This thing is really weird!

edit on 5/17/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Timical

When i was younger,say between the ages of 15 and 30,i was virtually plagued with obe's,out of body experiences,which would happen around 3 or 4 times a week and quite often more than once a night.The only problem is,we dont really know whats going on.Are they alien induced? Are they caused by hallucinations within our brains? Are they caused by the intervention of male and female demons known as incubus and sucubus? Are they caused by night hags, meaning witches and warlocks? Are they caused by psychic vampires? Are they caused by our souls literally traveling into alternate realities within other dimensions and are we going to those places by our own subconscious freewill? Or is something or someone taking our souls there?

I think we choose to have OBEs when we sleep because this is when the brain is at the correct state to do this. I have read books by many authors that say we meet up with our "teachers" on the other side when we sleep, most people just don't remember it. I woke up one morning while I was still engaged in conversation with mine. He kept talking a couple of minutes telling me something important, then I lost him as I became fully awake.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wow,did it make any sounds? did it change shape? did you "feel" like it was about to appear before you actually saw it? I could ask 50 more questions,but lets start with those (*-*)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

Wow,did it make any sounds? did it change shape? did you "feel" like it was about to appear before you actually saw it? I could ask 50 more questions,but lets start with those (*-*)

No sound. It was pretty big in the sky, then slowly disappeared ( no clouds ), then came back very bright. I think it was lower in the sky the second time. I didn't "feel" it was about to reappear, but I was sitting there talking to it ( or myself ), or actually cussing it for always leaving before I could get my camera... then it came back brighter than before!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I remember reading in an old ufo book that if a person goes outside at night,away from the glare of electric lights and shines a bright flashlight up into a clear and moonless,star filled nighttime sky and "signals" by randomly turning the flashlight off and on every few seconds for a couple of minutes and then waits and watches,sometimes a ufo/flying saucer will suddenly descend into view and yes,with a little fear,i actually tried that,once,but nothing happened and then i decided that it might be best not to continue attempting that anymore and so i haven't since,mostly because i dont know who or what is flying or controlling the ufos/flying saucers that i was trying to make contact with...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

I remember reading in an old ufo book that if a person goes outside at night,away from the glare of electric lights and shines a bright flashlight up into a clear and moonless,star filled nighttime sky and "signals" by randomly turning the flashlight off and on every few seconds for a couple of minutes and then waits and watches,sometimes a ufo/flying saucer will suddenly descend into view and yes,with a little fear,i actually tried that,once,but nothing happened and then i decided that it might be best not to continue attempting that anymore and so i haven't since,mostly because i dont know who or what is flying or controlling the ufos/flying saucers that i was trying to make contact with...

Sounds like good self-advice! Never know if some big reptilian might step out and give you a heart attack just from the mere sight of it!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I saw that technique recently on an airing of... I believe it is called "Paranormal: Faked or Fact". Regardless, they attempted this and actually had some success, however I missed the final conclusion, so I do not know if it was eventually identified. Nice mention indeed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I don't understand why people still think UFO's or even extra terrestrials is paranormal (unless they beleive them to be from a different dimension) But I don't consider it paranormal.
edit on 17-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you so much for posting this in my thread as I am beginning to think that everyone there is considering me full of it. That thread is so much stress in trying to answer everyone, yet I do not seem to be getting any flags or stars so this is why I believe they all think I am full of crap. I really do not even care what their personal opinion of me is as long as get some answers to what I am seeking.

It is funny that you mentioned you were talking to the object/ you in your picture, I have been doing this a lot as well.

I will share with you what happened last night in a moment, I need a drink to help me relax.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by sled735

I don't understand why people still think UFO's or even extra terrestrials is paranormal (unless they beleive them to be from a different dimension) But I don't consider it paranormal.
edit on 17-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)
I definitely would'nt call flying saucers and aliens normal and so paranormal is a rather fitting term,imo...

Paranormal Defined > "pertaining to phenomena that cannot be explained by normal scientific investigation"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

I have mentioned before, either here or somewhere else, that I have been making attempts at astral projection for ten years. I only made it so far with the knowledge I gained from the previous site, totse. That is until a few weeks ago when I discovered how many threads on ATS are of people actually have success with it. So needless to say, I have been reading as much as I can on this subject while also keeping up on other interesting threads that pop up. In terms in the paranormal, this is the only thread I found where people seem interested to hear everything and have experience with it(I have been longing for both of these to occur). Not to mention it is a lot easier for me to keep track of as compared to posting in several threads regarding the same subject.

Now in one of the threads I was posting in someone gave me two techniques I have not heard of( rope and just of imagining the area you want to project to). In addition to this, I found a thread dated back to around 2008, where someone mentioned they had some help from someone on this site. I thought, well that must be nice. This may be factor in what I am about to describe. I also heard some where else to simply ask for help. So starting last week this is what I have been doing(admittedly not every night). Regardless, I believe this was somewhere around the same time I began posting in threads and becoming more active searching for knowledge.

SPECIAL NOTE: So many times in the past, when sitting face to face with people and describing the various things I have encountered, more than enough times something odd happened that they could witness themselves and take away from the experience. I just thought this may be worth mentioning as this some what relates to me actively searching again about the paranormal.

Now this past weekend my children spent the weekend with their grandmother and my wife and I slept on the couch while watching the show "Ancient Aliens"(They used to have really good ideas towards stuff I never imagined). Before we went to sleep I told my wife that I want to go to sleep earlier so that I could wake up around 5 am or so and play on my computer(I do not like taking time away from my family, thank you U.S.M.C., so I do my personal time when they are asleep, thank you again because now I have horrible sleeping patterns).
Shortly after 5 am, I woke up fully knowing someone was next to me. This thing walked(I heard the footsteps) from the couch into my bedroom and turned the light on. Now I am wide awake looking for an explanation, came up with nothing. So I went and enjoyed my personal time while the misses caught some z's.

With in the same week time frame, I was sleeping on the couch(my wife sometimes snores like a grizzle bear, don't tell her I told you) and again was woken up in the middle of the night, but this time sometime around 3 am. I tried not to move and attempted to project but asked for help before attempting as I do now before every attempt. Naturally I was vibrating within moments and felt like I may have a break through as some one was there with me. Sadly, instead when I thought I was getting close to projecting I was pushed on my back in between my shoulder blades. What is weird is that I was laying on my back at the time so how I was pushed up I can not explain. The thing that bothers me is that I felt the vibe that was not suppose to do it yet as something bad as about.

I will continue in a few moments in another post, I need to check on my kids. I do this all the time to ensure the safety of my home. Hopefully you can understand.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Some odd ufo experiences seem to be very psychic in nature.
The one time I saw one, I knew I was going to see it.
And when I saw it, I knew that is why I went camping.
It was very strange.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I have seen ufos and flying saucers several times at night and during the day...

Ufo's-An Affair Of The Mind? > www.space-2001.net...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Timical

I LOVE ANCIENT ALIENS! I recorded all of the series on VHS tapes in 2010, but now I have to go to You Tube to watch it because they went to H2, which I don't get on my t.v. channel lineup. Most everything they discuss makes real good sense to me. Answers some of the questions I've had about certain things over the years.
So, didn't you post somewhere that you aren't sure UFOs exist? Come on! How much proof do you need?

Since you don't believe in UFOs, I can't tell you that the "thing" in your house may be an ET, can I? LOL
Well, I won't go there then. I'll just sit here waiting to read part 2 of your story.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join