It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 316
<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ReAdY2AsCeNd

That's an awesome story. Congratulations on the new addition.

I just watched a show the other day, the one with Dr. Lauren on it, and she was telling the correct way to hold a pendulum when asking questions.
First, you always hold the chain with your receiving hand, the one you use naturally when you reach for something, even if it's not your dominant hand. Use the thumb, index, and middle finger to hold it at the top so that the chain gets a negative, positive, and neutral charge coming through your fingers.

You must have done it right, being that you got your answer and it was correct.
I'm happy your twin flame is staying in touch. It gives a person some comfort to know our loved ones are still around us, even if we can't see them in physical form, right?

Thanks for sharing, and thanks for keeping up with the thread.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: starwae

About the flashes of light, can you describe them more ? I've also been seeing flashed of light but like thin and long flashes of light almost like a portal opening or something...quite big, and only see it at night.

Thanks for the compliment to the thread. It just keeps on going and going.

The flashes of light were/are just like you described... a thin, long flash, like lightening.

Also, thanks for your post to Eeks. I hope they take our advice, and soon!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

You are welcome ! Oh glad to know we are seeing the same thing :p now it would be great to know what it actually is, because I haven't the slightest clue! What about you?

And I hope so too! That would be a scary situation to be in, so if he/she can't fix it it would probably be best to move.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ReAdY2AsCeNd

Wow 11 years! That's a long time, but you must have had the patience and determination or else I don't think you would have found him

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwae

You are welcome ! Oh glad to know we are seeing the same thing :p now it would be great to know what it actually is, because I haven't the slightest clue! What about you?

Well... I'm not sure either, but a friend of mine communicates with ETs, and they said this is one way they are upgrading a person's DNA.
Who am I to say if this is true, or not? After everything I've experienced in my life, I'm not the one to point fingers, you know?
Sounds as good as anything else I can think of. If that's not it, then I'm at a loss for an explanation.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmmm. I was able to give another star to this thread. Not sure how many times you can do that.
There could be bugs. Right now I see no text as I'm typing this.

I still see flashes of what looks like something but don't see anything clearly as far as the paranormal goes. Maybe I have happy ghosts that don't want me disturbed.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't believe in the paranormal, however I have had personal experiences which couldn't be explained.

When I was a teenager, my friends and I used to explore old abandoned places every other weekend.
We've even ran into other groups of explorers in these places, which resulted in everyone going "AHHHH" shining their flashlights at each other, lol, good fun.

Anyways, there was one place we went to many times before it got demolished. It was an old 3-story school that ironically, sat in a graveyard. We usually had about 6 people total, so we would all split up into groups of two.

During one of the explorations of this place, my friend and I were in the east wing, and everyone else was on the west. We hear them all screaming, so we turn around and see them all run outside. We yell at them and ask them what's going on and they tell us they heard a noise. Not believing in paranormal, my friend and I just laugh, shrug it off, and tell them we are going to continue on and explore the basement.

So once we get down into the basement, we find an amazing boiler room. It had a giant furnace, and a minecart with tracks that led into the furnace. We walk around some more then finally head out back to our vehicles.

My friend looks down at my arm and notices that I had X's carved into my skin, fresh. They ask me if I cut myself on something, and being a super careful person that I am, I knew I hadn't. That's when we noticed that everyone had X's on their arms. Weird right?

Moving on, there is a house, not abandoned, that my aunt lived in for a short time. There is no story to this place, other than that every family that has lived there, doesn't stay very long.

Now on this street, every single house has a red door. A neighbor there told me they paint them red to keep spirits out. My Aunt was freaked out a few times while living there, so she ended up painting the door on that house red too.

She even had priests come and bless the house a few times.

Here's where it gets very weird, and honestly, I don't believe it myself. Every night they would hear footsteps. Her boyfriend at the time didn't believe her either, so she had him stay there with his friends for the night, and she grabbed the kids and stayed at my mother's house.

They show up around 4am that same night at my moms house with this crazy story. They had brought a case of beer, and started drinking around midnight. About 4 beers in, the telephone starts ringing, yet every time they answered it, it was silent. Having cell phones and all, they simply unplugged it from the wall as it was becoming annoying.

They too, heard footsteps and kept getting up to check it out, until it also became a hassle and was shrugged off as perhaps a squirrel or something up in the attic.

Later on, the phone starts ringing again, unplugged! Feeling the buzz of the beer, one of them decides to not be freaked out by it and answers it. All he hears is static. So this time to ensure it didn't ring anymore, he launches it across the room breaking it. Immediately after it hits the ground, the basement door swings open, and the phone launches back across the floor and down the stairs into the basement.

This is when they all started to panic. They close the basement door, and start drinking again. Then the footsteps started back up again, and that's when they see their first ghost, hovering down the hallway, around 3ft off the ground. Being the brave guys that they were, they still didn't leave, and instead turned on the camera on their phone and walked towards it.

Before he gets close to it, the basement door swings open, and something pushes him down the stairs. All his friends run down to check on him, and help him back up the stairs. His phone was broken so the video was lost of course...

That's when they all left and went to my mother's house to tell the story. The next day, my Aunt hires a physic to visit the house. She tells them that they are on a different plane, that is 3ft higher up than our world. Odd as that's what her boyfriend told us about the ghost. She then tells my Aunt that painting her door red, was keeping the spirits in the house with no way out, which is why they became agitated and aggressive. She also tells her that the reason the phone went into the basement was some spirit trying to show them a safe place to be, since the spirits couldn't go any lower than where they were spotted. Like being 3ft up in the air, was the bottom floor for them. Perhaps that's why that guy got shoved down the stairs when he tried to get close to that ghost in the hallway, some other spirit trying to protect him?

Again, I don't believe any of that, as I didn't personally experience it, just food for thought.

Now on to the last creepy place, which I have actually been to. The underground railroad. There are many entrances in the city, none of which I had access too, until, the company where my mother used to work at, decided to expand the basement. They find a room with a stove in it, and tunnels leading out from it.

So we explored! Covering the ground are tons and tons of bones. The tunnels are narrow, but very tall. I would say they are about 8-10ft high. Tunnels go in every which direction, some go underneath the river, some go to other businesses, but all of them connected to this big nursery home, which I assume back then was a safe house.

I assume this is my brain playing tricks on me, but some of the tunnels I went down, I would turn around and be at a dead end. Then I would be like, welp, can't get out that way, and I would continue back down the same tunnel, only to be at another dead end, so I turn around again, and this time, the dead end was gone. Very weird.

Most of the tunnels go to dead ends, which were blocked up by other property owners. I tried going underneath the river, but after you go so far down, the tunnels are flooded. However in that particular tunnel going under the river, I found an old wooden table, that had many of the slaves names carved into it.

Years later, I decided to go back to retrieve the table. We reported it to the local historical society back then and they weren't interested (the society doesn't exist now). Right when I showed up to the now abandoned place where my mother used to work, the 3rd story collapsed into the 2nd floor. I decided not to go in feeling it would probably collapse some more and I didn't want to get trapped. A couple weeks later they demolished the rest of it.

So there you have it, that's my stories and my one of my Aunts.

Perhaps one day something significant will happen to me to help me believe in the paranormal, but currently, I simply do not believe in ghosts or anything of that sorts.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: digitalbluco

Welcome to the thread, digitalbluco.

Thanks for sharing your and your aunt's stories. Fascinating!!
I think after all that, if you still don't believe in the paranormal, you NEVER will. That may be a good thing.

Sorry for the short reply; I'm getting ready for work now.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm also a paranormal magnet. It's been a steady stream of paranormal stuff and now I just live with it daily.
Some of my best friends are nonphysical beings.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CelestialNaga

Ah, I see we have a teaser on the thread.
Welcome, CelestialNaga.

Now, listen... you can't come on this thread and drop a bomb like, "Some of my best friends are non-physical beings", and NOT share some stories with us. LOL

What kind of beings are you talking about? ETs, spirits, angels? What kind of experiences have you had?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Ah sorry lol. It wasn't my intent to tease, I was exhausted. I've had a guardian, who is a djinn, with me since birth. Over time I've found other beings. One of my guardians is an angel (I call him Kevin because there's a thing about names, but imagine my surprise when he told me his name and I eventually googled it to discover that he's a real angel!). But here, for some experiences...

Most places I've lived in exhibit haunting symptoms within a few months. Some of this is due to my own companions, some is due to other beings being drawn there, some is that they were there to begin with.

Here's an example of a drive by paranormal experience lol:

A few years ago, my mom and I were at McDonald's until closing (midnight). When we left and went right out to the parking lot, parade (carnival?) music was suddenly all around us. There was no explanation and we both heard it. Ours was the only car besides one other, which was empty and turned off (probably the closing employee's). It lasted for about a minute. We got in the car and left but it was an odd experience that left a weirdness for the entire night.
edit on 18-5-2015 by CelestialNaga because: clarification

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
After reading alot of your stories I feel comfortable sharing some things I have never told anybody not even my wife, and we have been together since i was 13, I'm 28 now.

My father was my best friend in the world, I dont believe there was a better father in history. My dad was a mechanic and had back problems, just as I do today. To relieve his pain he would use his rocking chair every night. It had a very distinctive creaking sound to it. I dont want to go into detail but my father died Jan 3 2001 I was 13. He died in the house and my mother had a new boyfriend within days. So my mom went to live with him.

I lived in the house all by myself, my mom would stop by and drop off food and money and that's about it. About 2 weeks after my fathers death I was laying on the couch in the dark just thinking about dad. I was crying and asked are you still there dad. Then the rocking chair started rocking. I was facing directly at it from the couch I was laying on. I could see it moving and hear the creaking. I thought I would freak out and be scared but I wasn't, I felt calm and almost at ease like he was watching over me. The chair continued to rock until I somehow dosed off during this event. I know it was no dream I was wide awake.

At age 9 I meet my double when my mom took me to the park. It was very strange we both just stared at each other and made the same movements. I turned around for 1 second to try to show my mom and he was gone.

And finally I dont know if this is supernatural of not but I have benn seeing the numbers 911 everywhere and all the time since I was around 8 or 9. On the weekends I wake up and look at the clock its 911. I dont have to read the part numbers at my work but if it has 911 on it, it just jumps out at me and I see it. I can randomly look at the cnc machine numbers on the screen and bam 911. I dont know what it means I thought after Sept 11 it would stop but it hasn't.

I wish I could go into more detail but I'm working right now. I hope somebody can relate and I wont feel so weird about it. Thanks

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CelestialNaga

Thanks for coming back. I have been working so much overtime, I haven't had a chance to respond to your reply; my apologies.

That's strange. Maybe it was residual energy in the air from days gone by when a parade was passing by. If you and your mom are sensitive to the spirit world you both would have heard it. This is also why you find spirits/ghosts attracted to you everywhere you move. They see your aura as a shining beckon and come running.

Love your story about Kevin, the angel. It's nice to know we have a guardian, right?

Thanks for sharing. I'm still rushed for time. Sorry for the short reply.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Welcome to the thread. Sorry I've been slow in replying; work kept me unavailable.

Awesome story about your dad and the rocking chair. Our loved ones are always available to us, and will come when we need them. Some people miss seeing the signs they try to send, but your dad gave you one you could be certain was him. Cool!!

Seeing your double? I've had others on this thread say that too.
Allegedly, there is a parallel universe where a part of our spirit lives that looks just like us, but having different experiences to what we have here. If that's true, then you must have been at a portal that allowed you to see though the veil. Awesome! Not everyone gets to experience this.

Here's an article you might enjoy on parallel worlds:
Link

There is a thread on here somewhere about people seeing numbers, but it's old, so I don't know if you can find it.
ETA: Well, look what I found, and it is even talking about the number 911! Talk about synchronicity!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A lot of people see certain numbers all the time. I see 3:33, 4:44, or numbers like that when I look at the clock. My daughter sees 9:19 ALL the time! That's her birthday.

For anyone wanting to learn what certain numbers mean, just find your number and click on it to see what it means on this site:
Link

Thanks for sharing with us. I hope you enjoy the thread.

edit on 5/21/2015 by sled735 because: Add link

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Must have been something that happened to me in my childhood that sensitized me.
My grandfather was teaching me about very long based interferometry.
My grandmother set up a birdfeeder to photograph ruby throated hummingbirds.
A shot rang out and Kennedy brains splattered all over the inside of his windshield.
What could go wrong?

Its like watching the sands of time while someone is cooking your egg.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: imalitehaus

Same age here as well. Lots of stuff I too don't want to get into.

No ghosts for me though.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InspirationEverywhere
I share this sentiment.
All my life I have yearned for some kind of experience. There are times when I thought I had possibly had one, but later chalked it up to my abnormally overactive imagination.
The older I get the less I desire to have any kind of experience, due to an irrational fear that has seeped in, as well as the things that I see in the dark, or when I close my eyes.
I couldn't face those things in reality.
I do, however, thoroughly enjoy reading about others' experiences, and thank each and every one of you for sharing, and causing me to read/sleep with my light on every time I log in.

I sleep next to a giant mirror and just now had to cover it with a sheet. I love this site.

edit on k2731312754431005 by kittinst0mper because: New occurance.

edit on k2831312854731005 by kittinst0mper because: Spelling correction.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kittinst0mper

Welcome to the thread, Kittens.

I'm happy people are visiting this site, even though they don't have paranormal experiences. It does make it rather scary when you consider that everyone here has shared a true experience (I trust), doesn't it?!

Good idea to keep that mirror covered; it is the gateway to the other side, so they say. Sweet dreams.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Lol thanks.
I am somewhat envious of these experiences, but then again, not so much.
The mirror never bothered me before I joined ATS, but I find true stories like these to be better than any movie or book I have ever enjoyed.
I've only made it to page 13 so far (this thread is HUGE!!!) but look forward to the rest and hope that people keep posting.
Again, thanks, and have a good one. I will be here whether you hear from me or not lol...if the mirror doesn't get me first.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kittinst0mper

I sleep next to a giant mirror and just now had to cover it with a sheet.

That made me snort coffee out my nose!

Glad you are enjoying this thread, it is one of the best paranormal threads anywhere!
(you can also single out a person on the thread and just read their responses by clicking on the green profile symbol on their name, and selecting "view Posts in Thread" )
It comes in handy on lots of threads.

*waves at Sled*
edit on 26-5-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join