It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 275
<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

As for the haunted house; it 90 years old and I lived in it from in 1998-99. Approximately located at 257 W Lakewood Blvd #100 Holland, MI. There is a storage facility there now. Plenty of weird things happened on a regular basis:
- The TV in the bedroom would turn on by itself
- The door knob on the boy's room would rattle every night at the same time.
- Footsteps could be heard on the stairs but when the door was opened to the stairwell there was nobody there.
- The house had pocket doors on the bedroom and muffled voices could be heard on the other side when the door was shut at night. If you opened the door the voices stopped and nobody was there.
- One night I was alone in the house, practicing guitar for an event. The room was on the second story and the floor was one step down and a little weak. Several times it felt as though someone stepped down into the room but I was still alone. I could feel the floor 'bounce'. When I was sufficiently freaked out I unplugged the guitar from the amp and the cord fell to the floor. Immediately - through the amplifier - a male voice began singing in Spanish to the song I had just been rehearsing.
- Shadow people were common
- Apparitions in the form of one young man and one old man, were seen by my (now ex-) wife, floating above me as I slept. She was temporarily paralyzed during the incident.
- We heard a cat SCREAM like I've never heard before. The following morning we found out the kids had been playing with a Ouija board in secret. They said they contacted three different ghosts. One was a little girl who died in a fire in the boy's bedroom. This is the same room that the door knob would rattle ever night at the same time. The second ghost was a hispanic 15 y/o boy who was killed in the basement. He was homosexual and his father accidentally killed him during an argument (remember the singing through the amp?) The third ghost would not reveal its identity so the kids asked it to prove it's presence. The Ouija board drifted to the letters C-A-T at the moment we heard the loud scream. The next morning there was a dead cat in the road in front of the house.
- I decided to take a promotion and move to Detroit. While packing and cleaning, windows were opened to ventilate the fumes. The windows slammed shut. We re-opened the windows and wedged books in the openings. The books flew on to the floor and windows came down again.

That's just a few of the many encounters we had.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DangerousPrey

Good Lord!!!!
I don't know how you all managed to stay as long as you did!!
Shame about the trapped spirits there. Hopefully, they have been rescued by now.

Awesome story! Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I nearly forgot about an incident on April 18, 2009. When I awakened in the morning, my Blackberry showed my location as being in Roswell, NM but I lived in Upper Michigan. The time on the phone was accurate to Roswell and I had to reset the phone to get it to work. I have never visited NM (that I know).

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DangerousPrey

What an intense array of experiences. How are things now and how do you or would you deal with them psychologically?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DangerousPrey

I nearly forgot about an incident on April 18, 2009. When I awakened in the morning, my Blackberry showed my location as being in Roswell, NM but I lived in Upper Michigan. The time on the phone was accurate to Roswell and I had to reset the phone to get it to work. I have never visited NM (that I know).

Hummmm... Now that makes one stop and ponder on what went on during the night, right?!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I saw DarkBlade's post about the white house with a hedge along it, during the fall. Sled, do you have a picture hanging somewhere in the house, or in storage or something, that has a scene like that? Maybe the location is near that picture, and that's why he saw that.

One time I lost a box (among dozens of boxes in a long storage area) that had my good Christmas decorations in it. I said Okay, (various entities), you're going to have to lead me to it. I closed my eyes, stilled my mind and got centered, and waited until I felt the urge to go, and stopped when I felt the urge to stop.

I turned to my left and went through all the boxes - nothing. I said okay, i thought this was where you wanted me to be. I turned again to my right, after having searched several times over several days for that box of decorations, and right there in front of my face, on the top shelf in the back, was the box labeled "Christmas." I said, Oh, sorry, I looked on the wrong side!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scribe611
I saw DarkBlade's post about the white house with a hedge along it, during the fall. Sled, do you have a picture hanging somewhere in the house, or in storage or something, that has a scene like that? Maybe the location is near that picture, and that's why he saw that.

One time I lost a box (among dozens of boxes in a long storage area) that had my good Christmas decorations in it. I said Okay, (various entities), you're going to have to lead me to it. I closed my eyes, stilled my mind and got centered, and waited until I felt the urge to go, and stopped when I felt the urge to stop.

I turned to my left and went through all the boxes - nothing. I said okay, i thought this was where you wanted me to be. I turned again to my right, after having searched several times over several days for that box of decorations, and right there in front of my face, on the top shelf in the back, was the box labeled "Christmas." I said, Oh, sorry, I looked on the wrong side!

I don't remember having a picture like that, but your account is very interesting.

Maybe I'll have time to look through the house when I'm off work tomorrow and Thursday. This has my curiosity spinning out of control!!

Just a reminder to all of you paranormal lovers: Tonight the new ATS radio show, Into The Fringe, airs at 8:00 EST.
Don't miss it! You'll become a fan, for sure.

One of my other threads will be discussed during the show tonight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is my first post. Yes, I just had one. I haven't been able to sleep because of it. It has me just as freaked as when I saw my first UFO in 2001. I moved into a garage apartment to take care of two wonderful pound dogs. Both are mutts. Hatchi and Maya. They are the most alert dogs I've been around. They are super sweet, but they have killed all the squirrels and cats that venture in the yard. I don't think they mean to do it. They love chasing anything. Anyways, I've been in this garage apartment 9 months. I take care of the dogs, and the owner (who lives out of state) pays the rent and utilities. Win-win. Its allowed me to save up hella money. I've never had any strange feelings in the place when I'm alone. Very peaceful. The dogs come in after being out all day, I feed them organic dog food and a big bowl of water, and they go to their little corner I have made up for them and they go right to sleep. If anyone comes up the steps, Maya is the first one up. She can sense if someone is coming up the steps. So on Aug 11, 2014, I went to bed around midnight, and I had my laptop in the bed with me, listening to John B Wells "Caravan to Midnight". Don't remember what the topic was that night. I was tired though after a long day working in the sun. Nothing weird..... Then about 4:30am, I bolted up rite in the bed, because I had freezing cold water in the bed. My laptop was about 2 feet from my head. I had some water on my left side, and on my arm, I was sitting there stunned. I looked over at the dogs, and Maya was on her side sleeping, but she heard me move, and she raised her head up with her ears perked up like "HUH". I was frozen scared. I looked around the 650sqft room, and no one was there. Maya just laid her head back down and went right back to sleep. I got out of the bed, and the little puddle of water in my bed was running down the cracks of the pattern of the mattress. It was dark, I jumped up, grabbed my pistol that I sleep with, and check the only door. It was locked and deadbolted. Checked the 3 windows. They were all locked. Flipped the light on, and walked back over to the bed, picked up my laptop, and it was soaking wet with water. There was about a 2 foot wide puddle of water in the mattress and the laptop was sitting in the middle of it. I tipped the laptop on its side, and water poured out of it onto the floor. WTF? I looked over at the dogs, they had not moved. I looked around the apartment. No one in there but me and the dogs. I looked around for any cups next to the bed, thinking I might have sleep walked or something. Nope. I only had about 4 glasses in the whole house because it was only me that lived there. I plugged my computer into the outlet next to my desk, and my computer was fired. I would not come on. Nothing. Would not even boot up. I was so freaked out. And the weird thing after this, its like my mind went into overload, and all of a sudden I was so tired, I got back in the bed, still soaking wet, and instantly went right back to sleep. I'm have no idea what happened.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mackey88
I totally forgot to ad this. It freaks me out thinking about this still. The next day, I called my buddy in Miami. I live in Atlanta. I called him around 10am. I told him what happened. He was like "You probably won't believe me when I tell you this..." He woke up the next morning, and went into his home office and opened up his laptop, and he had water on his laptop screen. He said it wasn't soaked, but like someone had squirted the screen with a spray bottle of water. He called his wife in and asked her if she had "sneezed" on it or something. She was like, NO, I just got out of the bed, I haven't even been in this room. She is kind of spooky, so he didn't tell her about our conversation. The next week, he woke up early, went for a run on the beach for about an hour, came home, and got a almost empty bottle of milk out of the frig. Poured the rest in a big cup, added some chocolate syrup, and gulped it down. He washed out the empty milk carton, put the top back on it and put it in the recycling bin. Took a shower, got dressed, and hoped on his laptop to send some business emails. About 10min later, his wife kind of yells out from the kitchen "AWWWW Mikey, what is this all over the kitchen table?" He gets up, walks in the kitchen, and she asked him "Did you spill milk all over the placemat?" He watches her pick up the placemat, and the mat is completely soaked with milk. He said it was like someone poured a cup of milk on the place mat. No wear else was any milk spilled. He looked in the refrigerator, and sitting on the shelf was the other gallon of milk. Unopened. He looked in the recycle bin, the empty, cleaned out plastic gallon of milk was still in the bin. We have know idea what to think of the whole thing. One week apart, and a puddle of water and one puddle of milk, about 1000 miles apart......

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Welcome to my thread, and ATS, Mackey.

That sure is a strange experience you and your friend shared. I really don't know how to respond to that; I've never had anyone post anything like this. (Scratches head!)

There has to be a message there somewhere. What do you and your friend have in common with water or milk... or liquid of any kind? Is it the anniversary of anyone's death that you both know?
It could be a friend or family member trying to get your attention, just saying hi by pulling a prank that you both might recognize as something this person would do.
That's about all I can come up with right now.

Anyone else have any ideas on this?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Back in the mid 80s my grandmother passed away. My mother and I moved into the house for a while to get it cleaned up and updated to sell, and the morning after we signed the contract to sell, we got up to find a puddle of water in the middle of the floor, about a foot in diameter.

No sources of water anywhere nearby, no glasses or cups that may have been left out, and no rain the night before. The roof wasn't leaking, anyway.

We joked that my grandmother must be pi$&ed at us for selling the house!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hi Everyone!

I haven't popped in for awhile. I just came from Sled's newest thread about the psychic vampires, so I thought I'd drop in and say hello while I'm on ATS.
I'm enjoying all the new stories being shared here. I just wanted to let you know I'm still lurking in the background.

That's very strange about the water. I wish I had an answer, but I don't.

Weird, very weird.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hi Sled735, Throughout my life, I have had many paranormal experiences. You are not alone in this regard and I would expect many others would feel more comfortable and inclined to share their experiences given an appropriate forum such as this one. To be more specific, my experiences have included seeing family members that have passed on to having observed door knobs turning and shaking at a converted castle (hotel) in England and no, there was absolutely no one on the other side of the door while this was happening. I do feel that some individuals may be more attuned to having these experiences much like a receiver being tuned to pickup certain radio frequencies. a reply to: sled735

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hey sled, I did think about that, and talked to my buddy about that. My ex committed suicide, and my buddies wife was violently murdered. His wife was killed in 2009. My ex died in 2011. My friend and his wife were very close friends of mine. Her death was, how do I describe this, her death and the way she died, and the aftermath, it literally put me into a state of shock. He called me early one morning, and from the first phone call of him informing me she was murdered, strange super natural things started to occur. But, the 30 days before she was murdered, I actually had some incredible, paranormal things that were happening to me and I was telling everyone around me, I had such a horrible feeling something awful was going to happen, some of my "friends" told me I might be losing my mind, including my friend who was murdered. I had the worst feeling of dread, that something was going to happen. It went on for days, and weeks, and every morning I woke up, it just got worse. I had never before in my life felt in my gut anything like this. I never thought about stuff like this. Bizarre. I was living in Athens, GA, and I had some very strange things happen up there. But, let me say this, I was in ATHENS GEORGIA. If you've never been to Athens, Georgia, its like one of the most fun place on EARTH. I was having a blast. Beautiful women everywhere, bars galore, live music every single night of the week, coffee shops, bookstores, places to eat, just incredible..... I'm not kidding. Athens is a college town, but it is a special place. I could hop on my mtn bike, ride a few blocks to one of many coffee shops, walk in, and have an incredible conversation with some random person, at 6am in the morning. I was not holed up in my apartment having "visions". All my neighbors, were in Masters or PHD programs, fun, outgoing, grilling out every night of the week, people went to the pool everyday, drinking beer, walking around talking about whatever, the women were BEAUTIFUL, like a little slice of heaven..... One of the things that happened two days before, was this. I literally could not sleep for days. My stomach hurt, I felt unnerved, and I was telling people I could feel "EVIL" in the air. I felt like there was something evil around me. Watching me. Almost like there was a bear, or mountain lion stalking me. We had a giant oak tree in the courtyard, at least 100 years old. For the entire week prior to my friend being murdered, we had 5-7 Owls, in the tree, and day and night, the owls were SQUAKING and SCREAMING, and shaking the branches. It was crazy. Neighbors asking each other what the hell was going on with these birds. The sounds they were making were scary. SO, I was freaked out, and decided to download all my CD's to digital. I spent 3 days, downloading this music. Around 5am, Sunday morning, I downloaded my last CD. I was exhausted. I had barely slept in 3 days. I scrolled up to the top of the "list" of music, and AC/DC Highway to Hell was at the top. I hit play on the computer, and I heard something horrible laugh outside my apt door. It was not natural... Then, like a minute later, I felt this "thing" come down into my apartment, passed over me and the computer, I felt it. It was COLD. And evil. And I caught a glimpse of it. It was like a demon. It passed through me, and the computer and desk, went into the floor, cackling the whole way, into the basement of the building. Then, all the pipes in the building started VIOLENTLY shaking. They were banging. I thought the boiler in the basement was going to exploded, so I jumped up, and ran out of the apartment. At the same time, all of my neighbors ran out of their apartments in the courtyard. Some across the courtyard, started turning on their lights, and looked out the windows. They saw everyone in my building outside, so they all came out. About 20-30 people outside at 5am. Everyone was like "What the hell was that? What just happened". We were all standing outside shocked. It was over, whatever it was. The guy and girl above me, she was more scared than everyone else, she was like saying it felt like a demon or something. Everyone else was like "its OK, it was probably just a small earthquake or something." blah blah. After about 15-30mins everyone went back inside. Very scary.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The next day, Monday, I was up early. I was at the computer, and I felt something cold. Like a breeze, but the ac was not on. I was like OH #, that "thing" is back. All the hairs stood up on my body, like an electrical charge was around me. It felt like someone was behind me, I turned around, and no one was there. Got up, took a piss, walked in the kitchen and got another cup of coffee, and lit a cigarette. I was sitting in my chair at the computer, just thinking to myself, don't paranoid. Then I heard something behind me again, and felt the air change to cold, and I turned around, and there was a black women, in the doorway to my bedroom. She was dressed like the lady on the syrup bottle Aunt Jemima Syrup bottle. She was dressed in white cloth, with a white cloth around her head. I froze. I wasn't scared though. She was talking to me, but I'm not sure if I heard it with my ears, or if it was telepathic. But she said to me "OOOHHHH HONEY... I'm SOOOOO sorry for you. I'm SOOOOOO sorry. I just want you to know, that you didn't cause this to happen. But, when its all said and done, YOU, YOU, are going to get through this. Its gonna pass sweet baby child. If I could hug you, I would. But, you need to be careful now." Then she was gone. I got up out of my chair. Put my cigarette out, grabbed my bike and rode to the coffeeshop in downtown Athens......... The next day my friend was murdered.....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This whole event, and the events after it, opened my eyes. I'm going to write a lot more about what happened in the 5 years since 2009. But, for now, I want to talk about this event. Its been 5 years. It's taken me this long to open up about it, but, for some reason I feel the need to write about it. Its like the storm passed, and I can talk about it now. One thing that popped in my mind, was the song that I was listening to when the demon came past me and went in the basement was AC/DC "Walk All over You".. I hadn't heard that song in years. Don't know why I wanted to say why it was that particular song... Just thought it might be relevant to what happened. I was a big AC/DC fan twenty years ago, it was actually the first concert I went to in Atlanta, at the OMNI. From 2009 to now, its my belief, that there is a spiritual war or battle going on. But, for the most part, its outside our "5 senses". But, I do believe, well I know, when we pass away off this rock, we don't die. I want to write about my "alien" experiences at some point, but I don't think "aliens" have anything to do with life after death. LOL. Wow! This is crazy about me writing about this stuff. I would laugh at people and call others loonies before all this stuff happened to me. I guess I'm writing about this because, I want others in the world to know, if this kind of stuff has happened to you, and its "rocked your world", other people have had strange things happen. Your not alone. Its scary and confusing. I know. That's why I'm writing about this stuff now. I've been on dates, and after a few drinks, I bring up "stuff" and my dates get the same uneasy laugh, like they aren't sure if I'm kidding or if I'm serious. If they are weirded out by it, I brush it off. "AH, I"M JUST KIDDING WITH YOU!!!!" I say, and they relax. But I'm not kidding. This crazy stuff happened to me. I did want it too. Never expected it too. But it did. And after a lot of contemplation, I'm going to write about it, because someone else is desperately seeking the "truth". I want other humans on this earth to know, you are not crazy. I don't know what it is or what caused this to happen, but I'm going to write about my experiences. And I hope it puts others at ease. And for the people here that think its a "great read", I hope you enjoy all this amazing stuff. Because it is TRULY bizaro land stuff!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lastmohicanz

Welcome to the thread, and ATS.

Did your relatives visit you immediately after their death, or was it later?
I'd love to hear more about this.

As for the door knob turning, that's some freaky stuff! Only because you don't know if what is turning it is good, or bad.

I hope to hear more from you.
Thanks for popping in to share your experiences.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That's absolutely mind-blowing!
I don't know what to say, except I'm blown away!

You obviously have some awesome abilities when it comes to the spiritual world.

If the rest of your stories are a far out as this one, it's a wonder you still have your sanity!

I tried to reply several times last night, but ATS had a sever down, so it wouldn't respond when I hit the reply button.

I can't wait to read the rest of your experiences!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mindless1980

Hi Mindless. It's good to see you are still with us.

Loyal readers of this thread are deeply appreciated.

Thank you for the post on my other thread too.

Just keep stopping by from time to time to let us know you're still with us.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Scribe611

Thank you for your feedback, Scribe. Awesome!

I've never come across anything like this. I have no clue what the water could mean. Nonetheless, it is good for people to know they aren't alone in their experiences, so I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Don't be a stranger!

new topics

top topics

<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join