It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelical pastors join Catholic clergy in opposition to birth control rule

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
No one should be "held hostage" and denied their personal rights ...

You quote the constitution and then say this ... all the while trying to deny the First Amendment rights to Catholics.
BTW ... it's NOT a corporation .. it's a Church outreach. Read the links provided.

STILL - - they want the control of women's reproduction rights.

OMG .. ever time I see this I just laugh ... so much spin and error all packed into one little phrase.

Oh .. and again - Free birth control is not a 'right' ...birth control is a commodity.
Freedom of Religion is a RIGHT ... a First Amendment right.

It's amazing how when it comes to something that they disagree with, the left will toss away the
Constitution and BIll of Rights without even so much as a second thought.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Church, an organization, a corporation has decided that it knows what god wants, then proceeds to tell it's members how to live their lives. Ok. But I keep hearing that something like 95% of all Catholic women use contraception. Have they created a dogma that is unrealistic?

I think we are seeing the dying throes of an irrelevant and out of touch theology. I can't see the church continuing it's strong hold if it doesn't adapt to the will of its members and the times.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I think we are seeing the dying throes of an irrelevant and out of touch theology. I can't see the church continuing it's strong hold if it doesn't adapt to the will of its members and the times.

If that were true, no religion would exist today. Every major religion has been at odds with their own congregations multiple times throughout history.

For whatever reason a certain percentage of people seem to rely on having things dictated to them.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Why is it that "organizations" who believe in zombies, talking snakes, virgin births and burning bushes that can speak have some clout and a congregation?

Don't be such children, religion is only a tool to control you and keep you off balance.

How hard is it to see that?

Derek

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

If that were true, no religion would exist today. Every major religion has been at odds with their own congregations multiple times throughout history.

For whatever reason a certain percentage of people seem to rely on having things dictated to them.

They adapted. They "unsinned" Galileo! (and Friday night meat eaters) Contraception is the next Galileo.
edit on 22-2-2012 by windword because: friday!And, things my Dad said

edit on 22-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I sure hope so.

I don't care what they believe - - as long as they keep it on to themselves.

Using their control to deny rights to those who don't share their belief - - is just sick.

Legal or not. Its still sick and unwanted intrusion.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nothing that comes from the Palpalcy should be looked at and should be thrown away. After all the Catholics are responsible for 95% of the child molestation cases around the world.

You ask any child molestor or rapist what their religion was or is and I can guarantee that somewhere in their history there will be Catholic influence even if Catholicsm is not their main religion.

You find the relative or friend who is Catholic that the molestor or rapist talked to the most and you find the main core of brainwashing that forced the person to become a rapist or molestor.

Humans are not born rapists or child molestors...they are brainwashed to be such monsters.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dryson

That doesn't do much to explain all the child molestation and rape that occurs in all the non Catholic countries does it?

I am afraid to tell you this...but there is a whole world out there.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I don't care what they believe - - as long as they keep it on to themselves.

No one is forcing a non-catholic to work in a Catholic Church hospital. They are free to work elsewhere. And the Catholic Church is allowed by law to practice it's faith, which includes Church outreach hospitals. Don't like it? Then don't work there. It's just that simple.

Using their control to deny rights to those who don't share their belief - - is just sick..

1 Then that makes YOU sick. Sick for denying people their Constitutional Freedom of Religion rights.
2 YOU are trying to control the Catholics. Not the other way around.
3 Birth control is not a right. It's a commodity.
4 The Catholic Church is not controling people who don't share their belief. Anyone, at any time, can go get their 25 cent condoms from a gas station or drug store. They can get their pills, IUDs, etc from any Planned Parenthood, city clinic, doctor or non-religious affiliated hospital.

Your bigotry has clouded your vision in this matter.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

Aren't churches tax-exempt?

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Aren't churches tax-exempt?

You can't have it both ways.

That's horrible reasoning, and yes they can. If anything, the lack of taxation implies their absolute autonomy more so than organizations that do pay taxes because they aren't collecting taxes and therefore the state has no business at all intervening.

However, most of these objections have to do with appealing to some irrational hostility toward anything Catholic related and nothing to do with the actual application of law and economics; reason be damned when liberty ends where people's feelings begin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join