It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran warns of pre-emptive strikes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U

Well, if I lived in a neighborhood where everyone wanted to kill my family and burn my house down,

How about if you lived in a neighbourhood.
And someone came and took your house?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker

There is of course another group on ats that has the proper and only course of action, survive, this war of course will not be able to sustain itself, life as we know it will collapse quickly when this become global, all conspiracies will matter not, the survivalists will win the day.

Granted and valid however, the conundrum that the survivalists face is; what sort of world will be left (if at all inhabitable) for the survivalists (if there is any)?

ie: What level of life quality can you expect and is it a world you wish to live in?
edit on 21/2/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Your statement here

If we are going to use size references, a country of 7 million with 400 nukes

You're sure about 400 nukes, I mean, You didn't supply any sources.
I think you took the Highest Number You Seen, 400 Nukes.

Although no official statistics exist, it has been estimated that Israel possesses from 75 to as many as 400 nuclear weapons

en.wikipedia.org...
Trying to make the country of Israel More Sound More Threatening to Their Neighbors?

Every Country Has A Right To Defend Themselves, Please tell me the last time Israel used a Nuclear Weapon.
When was the last time Israel Stated they would use a Nuclear Weapon?

Israel has said that it "would not be the first country in the Middle East to formally introduce nuclear weapons into the region.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-2-2012 by guohua because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

During the course of survival?

There is no quality of life, the very word survival implies that I think.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Well, if I lived in a neighborhood where everyone wanted to kill my family and burn my house down,
How about if you lived in a neighbourhood.
And someone came and took your house?

Who occupied the land first! It was Israel in 1470 B.C. I also noticed that none of you "pro" Iran people had anything to say about Israel not using one of their nukes before. The facts are the facts. They have more restraint than I do; that is for sure! If someone had shot 10,000 bullets into my house, I would have stomped a mud hole in them and then walked it dry; period! You wouldn't tolerate it either; period. It is easy to sit on the sideline and be an "arm chair general". You will not ever understand it unless you lived in it.
edit on 2/21/2012 by NoSoup4U because: Added comments

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker

During the course of survival?

There is no quality of life, the very word survival implies that I think.

Ease up mate, I was participating in a discussion topic you introduced and providing another perspective for you...no need to get snappy.

I meant, post-survival as sentences such as 'what sort of world will be left (if at all inhabitable)' would indicate.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

sorry wasn't being snappy, didn't mean to come off that way at all. Was a serious answer.

Survival, surviving, barely making it through with your life intact, anything else is bonus, maybe last it out with a few double a batteries and some old cds who knows, but quality of life? Not expecting any, everything else is a gift after that with that attitude, know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
See thats exactly what is going on.They have ALREADY been tagged ,loosing 2 nuke doctors.And they still aren't creating battle lines they don't seem to have the stomach (as is normally the case)to stand in a direct fight.They practically know a US strike will hit them once they start completing weaponized components.
The rest of the citizens?There's no reason to harm them,but you know damn well they are going to go for a human rights violation game by surrounding the sites with innocent civilians,babies or what ever.You'll hear screams on this board in the press about how monstrous we are. but the sites WILL be hit.We do not use nukes for that we have deep penetration weapons,in fact the recently asked for an upgrade.If they want to fight a war after that we'll see what happens.
edit on 21-2-2012 by 7thcavtrooper because: misspell

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

How do you know how many nukes Israel has? They have never used one, even in the face of overwhelming odds.

How many times has Israel given up its own land for peace, only to get rockets, bombs and mortars in return?

I suggest everyone watch this video, its not Israeli propaganda like it seems at first. It explains the whole situation to a T. It also shows how it is God protecting Israel, not the IDF so much like everyone thinks.

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Iran also said it was ready to negotiate its nuclear program the other day. Yesterday they told the U.N. no we will not let you into our nuke sites and our nuclear program is not negotiable.

I guess its Iran who has something to hide as they have had eight years to put this to rest.

Now tell me, who wants war?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I didn't know cities and countries could actually speak. These are frightened people speaking and sombody is cherry picking quotes.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

It also shows how it is God protecting Israel

How can it show that "god is protecting Israel"?

This is the entire problem we have in the Middle East, and even our politicians in the US. There is too many people claiming to know the will of god, and many people twisting situations around to fit their political/religious ideology.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

It also shows how it is God protecting Israel

How can it show that "god is protecting Israel"?

This is the entire problem we have in the Middle East, and even our politicians in the US. There is too many people claiming to know the will of god, and many people twisting situations around to fit their political/religious ideology.

I pray that someday the ignorant will know that all religions pray to the same god.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Iran also said it was ready to negotiate its nuclear program the other day. Yesterday they told the U.N. no we will not let you into our nuke sites and our nuclear program is not negotiable.

I guess its Iran who has something to hide as they have had eight years to put this to rest.

Now tell me, who wants war?

You mean Parchin, the non nuclear military base they let them into in 2006? The one that has nothing to do with the IAEA? The one they told them in advance they wouldn't be able to access but they went anyway, so they could say they'd been denied access?

That 'nuke sites'?

Oh and is the answer Israel and the USA?
edit on 22-2-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I pray that someday the ignorant will know that all religions pray to the same god.

I pray that someday the ignorant will know that they may not be praying to any "god" whatsoever!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Isn't the whole point of a pre-emtive strike to attack without warning? Seems pretty silly to warn someone of a sneak attack.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by earthdude

I pray that someday the ignorant will know that they may not be praying to any "god" whatsoever!

Yes, that too, if they choose not to manifest this spirit. Some will claim that religion is a refuge and an opitate for the ignorant masses, but spirituality will never be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join