It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran warns of pre-emptive strikes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
video.msnbc.msn.com...

Iran has made the statement that they will strike first if they feel threatened by the US or Israel. I have not been able to confirm this statement through any other credible sources, so it is hard to say in what context this statement was made.

Either way, war is brewing in Iran and I think it will come to a head soon. Let's hope not!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
They are just running their mouths. They will not do anything unless it is to drop a nuke on Israel. They are out matched and they know it. I just hope, when this does happen, we let the Air Force make the place a parking lot and send in the army to paint the lines. We are potentially looking at the next 1,000 years of whiskey bottles and light bulbs!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Lets hope so!
no, not really. This shouldn't be happening, but we all know its coming. So might as well try to make some money out of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Really? How was I lucky enough to have two ridiculous posts one after another?

Make some money and turn Iran into glass? God help us all!
edit on 21-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoSoup4U
They are just running their mouths. They will not do anything unless it is to drop a nuke on Israel. They are out matched and they know it. I just hope, when this does happen, we let the Air Force make the place a parking lot and send in the army to paint the lines. We are potentially looking at the next 1,000 years of whiskey bottles and light bulbs!

How do I recommend thi post as a contender for most ignorant of the year?

Yep...that's the answer mate, kill an entire population based on propaganda. Uncle Sam would be proud of you! By the way, do you realise the contradiction in your opening statement?

I mean, 'they will not do anything unless it is to drop a nuke on Israel'. So, you're admitting the potential an willingness of Iran to do so but at the same time they're running their mouths?

Ever since the WW3/2012 topics have developed (ergh..2012) ATS has been inundated with daydreamers pushing speculation and yeehaw gungho US patriots who struggle to even comprehend the horrors of what they (YOU) wish to see happen....ATS is going to the dogs.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Oh.. Alabama.. howdy neighbor..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Wooo.wooo.wooo Can you people not pick up on the sarcasm in my statement....Good grief people..lighten up. Please!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Oh.. Alabama.. howdy neighbor..

Do you know why the trees in Georgia lean toward Alabama and the trees in Mississippi lean away from Alabama? Because Georgia blows and Mississippi sucks!
Just kidding! You can use that joke for any state. Nice to meet ya!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Do you know why the trees in Georgia lean toward Alabama and the trees in Mississippi lean away from Alabama? Because Georgia blows and Mississippi sucks! Just kidding! You can use that joke for any state. Nice to meet ya!

I think you had all of us..

Really though, on the topic, Iran is just flexing. They see nations around them crumbling to the false arab spring and 1, don't wan't to be next and 2, want to position themselves as a dominate power player in the new Middle East to come.
edit on 21-2-2012 by broahes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

Nice try.

I see absolutely nothing humorous with regards to nuclear war and genocide and to make jokes with such light heartedness suggests a deficit in mental capacity.

Oh, I just noticed the sentiment in your profile under your name...the penny has dropped for me

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Nice try.

I see absolutely nothing humorous with regards to nuclear war and genocide and to make jokes with such light heartedness suggests a deficit in mental capacity.

Oh, I just noticed the sentiment in your profile under your name...the penny has dropped for me

Fine.....If you don't believe that was pure sarcasm, then look up all my posts here on ATS. Again, lighten up. Your killing me man! By the way, that is Hebrew under my name. It means, ( Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God, is One). I have been teaching myself Hebrew so I can read the Old Testament in its original language because I fell there has been a loss of meaning through translating to other languages.
edit on 2/21/2012 by NoSoup4U because: Added some lines and explained phrase under my user name.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Shall we move on with the topic now?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

And the World is hating America more and more...why?

Oh right...because of excrement like this.

Settle down Junior. We'll all get our chance to die for those that would use us in their personal Game of Thrones.

ALL of us.

Pathetic

edit on 21-2-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

Why even bother posting relentless sarcasm? There's people here who use ATS as the great information exchange portal it is and to participate in discussion.

For the topic at hand; it may be a desperate, 11th hour attempt to deter an attack or as previously mentioned-mere posturing. My guess is posturing.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Really, I can't see how this is any different than America's justification for the War on Terror, strike first mentality. IF, notice the italics, IF Iran did strike first because of a presumed threat.. how would it be wrong? They would be using our own justification. See how that works?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

On topic now....I do think Iran is rattling the saber. The whole Middle East is falling apart. It does amaze me that all the countries in the Middle East fight over the super little country of Israel. It is so small. Have any of you served in the Middle East? In the military I mean?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Good point!

All I can say is that Iran has had a lot more threats from other nations, leading them to believe an attack is imminent.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

On topic now....I do think Iran is rattling the saber. The whole Middle East is falling apart. It does amaze me that all the countries in the Middle East fight over the super little country of Israel. It is so small. Have any of you served in the Middle East? In the military I mean?

What does the size of israel have to do with anything?
If we are going to use size references, a country of 7 million with 400 nukes makes them them biggest threat on the planet - per-capita.
Numbers are fun.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

What does the size of israel have to do with anything?
If we are going to use size references, a country of 7 million with 400 nukes makes them them biggest threat on the planet - per-capita.
Numbers are fun.

Well, if I lived in a neighborhood where everyone wanted to kill my family and burn my house down, I would have some superior weapons too! Lets not forget that Israel has had these weapons for a long time without using one of them! Obviously, they have proved they can be responsible with such strong weapons. Yep, they have had 10's of 1,000's of rockets fired into their country without using one of their nukes. If that is not a testament to their patience, I don't know what is.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
2 sides of a coin both covered in Blood

1/3 of Ats believes a fight with Iran is wrong for 2 reasons, the first any one who understands Iran at all knows the majority of it's youth population is relatively open, well educated and not a group of people you want to see die. Second, the prospect of a strike would almost certainly lead the world to WW3

The Other 3rd of Ats does actually want to hit them because they understand fully that those in charge of Iran believe with a whole and devoted self that the deaths do not matter and that this war would usher in the Mahdi and this insanity is what they believe with all their hearts and of course they wield absolute power over their nation.

The conundrum

Both sides are correct

This is the exact same futility that Europe faced as Hitler rose to power, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

There is of course another group on ats that has the proper and only course of action, survive, this war of course will not be able to sustain itself, life as we know it will collapse quickly when this become global, all conspiracies will matter not, the survivalists will win the day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join