It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should We Allow Iran to Have the Bomb?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why should we allow Iran to have the bomb? It's a very simple question and I have not heard a very simple answer to it.

Sanctions don't work. The Obama Admin is just buying time just in case he looses the 2012 election.Sanctions are the stupidest thing on the planet. It's just giving Iran more power in the region. Now they can direct where they sell their oil and they are getting Nuclear Weapons. There is no reason for them to keep producing Uranium illegally. Obama has given them the most room that he can possibly allow. He has been telling them to stop and they are not listening. If they would, we could end this easily and we all can get out of this cold war quite easily. So America is not the only one's at fault here. That's what compromising is and what has Iran compromised on?

I've heard excuses upon excuses for allowing Iran to have the bomb and I've heard the whining that America is so evil because we are stumping their technological progress or something like that. Iran has an option that it can do.

Iran should stop enrichment altogether. Especially since we wouldn't even be targeting them if they weren't developing this stuff. Allow the UN inspectors, show us the cancer research or whatever new rhetoric they have come up with and leave it alone. Then the region will once again stabilize. Do you really think it will stabilize once they build a bomb?? Are you serious! They don't need to work on Nuclear Power they can do a lot more for the people, like work on maturing their religious ideology.

Iran deserves the bomb? Why? Because N Korea or Israel has them too? That's a weak excuse because they are no threat to US interests. Although N Korea is starting to target S Korea now.
edit on 21-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Iran, at least, signed the non-proliferation pact. Israel has nukes and has not. Who is the proven war-monger? Please recall that Iran is a sovereign and mostly peaceful nation. Who is anyone to say they can't?
edit on 21-2-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
first of all its LOSE not LOOSE. Learn your own language.

Second of all, I find it at least hypocritical a country like USA to tell who does what. Iran is dangerous? When did Iran invade any country and killed innocents? Cause I can very well show you many cases USA did...

Make your own country without Nukes and THEN you can talk about some other country's Nukes...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Your question is "Why Should We Allow Iran to Have the Bomb?"
The question should be "where is proof that Iran wants the bomb?"

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Why SHOULDNT they have the bomb.

Why SHOULD America constantly try to police and control the world What gives the US government the right to run the world?

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Allow? No, really, "allow"? And who made the West into the earthly god that we determine what we "allow" sovereign nations to determine as their own path? That's what has us in this mess already. If we dig much deeper that hole is one we won't be able to get out of.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Your question is "Why Should We Allow Iran to Have the Bomb?"
The question should be "where is proof that Iran wants the bomb?"

Anyway, Iran does not NEED the bomb. Iran has the rockets, and Pakistan has the nukes. We have treated our former ally rather poorly of late, and I'll leave it to you to put it together...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
As a sovereign power who has signed the NPT, why do we freak out every time they DO expand their nuclear industry?

Answer: Because the government of Israel, and therefore ours by proxy, wants them dead.

What about Pakistan? Israel? India? We didn't raise a fuss about them.

As for the "If Iran Backs Down Everything Will Be Okay" theory, look at Libya. Libya backed down. Libya made peace with the world. And, twenty years later, look what that got Gadaffi.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Why should we allow Iran to have the bomb?

Who gave the USA the right to dictate to other sovereign nations?

The reason Iran is probably building a bomb is this...had Sadaam, and Ghadaffi had nukes they wouldn't have been invaded. He has seen how the USA are only capable of invading countries with little defence.

The USA want to prevent Iran from changing from the Petro-dollar, Sadaam was going to do the same, and so was Ghadaffi. Plus the oil, the reconstruction contracts, minerals, chance to get them in debt to the west by installing central banks...etc etc.

I say good on Iran for trying to save thousands of their people from certain death. If the East decides they are no longer going to use the petro-dollar, then the US economy is screwed even more so. If the whole of the east decided to stop supplying the USA with crude oil, your armies would be forced to withdraw, you would no longer have the fuel to invade other nations...lets hope this is whats in the pipeline eh

The USA has no right in deciding who has what weapons.
edit on 21-2-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
But there is a very simple solution to this Iran can stop for awhile. Show that they are not a danger to the US or Israel and give up on Nuclear research. They can suspend their program. And they continue to say no straight to the face of the INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY. Not just US!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Why would Iran or anybody else ask for your permition anyway???
Who gave permition to US to have nukes?
US is the only country that actually used atom bomb on civilian population,it should be US who should be banned of having them!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Perhaps because they are a sovereign nation? I have a better question. Who are we to say who is allowed to do this or that? Honestly the arrogance is a huge turn off, and I am an American. I seriously doubt Iran is going to launch a nuke towards us. Israel may be another story, but really who cares about them?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Why should we allow Iran to have the bomb? It's a very simple question and I have not heard a very simple answer to it.

Sanctions don't work. The Obama Admin is just buying time just in case he looses the 2012 election.Sanctions are the stupidest thing on the planet. It's just giving Iran more power in the region. Now they can direct where they sell their oil and they are getting Nuclear Weapons. There is no reason for them to keep producing Uranium illegally. Obama has given them the most room that he can possibly allow. He has been telling them to stop and they are not listening. If they would, we could end this easily and we all can get out of this cold war quite easily. So America is not the only one's at fault here. That's what compromising is and what has Iran compromised on?

I've heard excuses upon excuses for allowing Iran to have the bomb and I've heard the whining that America is so evil because we are stumping their technological progress or something like that. Iran has an option that it can do.

Iran should stop enrichment altogether. Especially since we wouldn't even be targeting them if they weren't developing this stuff. Allow the UN inspectors, show us the cancer research or whatever new rhetoric they have come up with and leave it alone. Then the region will once again stabilize. Do you really think it will stabilize once they build a bomb?? Are you serious! They don't need to work on Nuclear Power they can do a lot more for the people, like work on maturing their religious ideology.

Iran deserves the bomb? Why? Because N Korea or Israel has them too? That's a weak excuse because they are no threat to US interests. Although N Korea is starting to target S Korea now.

Let me make it swift and simple for you sunshine.

Who the hell are you to allow anything?

hmmmmm?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Iran doesn't have nukes yet so this is like asking 'why should we allow Iran to explore space.'

You should ask 'why should we allow Iran time to develop nukes'

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

But there is a very simple solution to this Iran can stop for awhile. Show that they are not a danger to the US or Israel and give up on Nuclear research. They can suspend their program.

There's a lot of "can"'s in this equation. America CAN remove their battle fleet from Iran's area. Israel CAN stop calling for interaction into Iran's affairs. You are only looking at this from one aspect. If I was running Iran I would want nukes at this minute. It's pretty much the only thing that keeps a HUGE aggressor at bay. If Saddam had nukes, let alone WMD's, he'd probably still be alive. Not saying that is a good thing but practical.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Allow? No, really, "allow"? And who made the West into the earthly god that we determine what we "allow" sovereign nations to determine as their own path? That's what has us in this mess already. If we dig much deeper that hole is one we won't be able to get out of.

Pretty much this.
I live in a country that doesn't have any nuclear warheads, and if we did I would be protesting my own country because I disagree with the government having that much destructive power. BUT, I would never leave my border to impose my personal beliefs on to another.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

But there is a very simple solution to this Iran can stop for awhile.

Why should they? Because we shake our fists at them?

Show that they are not a danger to the US or Israel and give up on Nuclear research. They can suspend their program.

As if that would do any good - remember, Saddam tried to do the same thing, but no, our government started screaming THERE'S NO TIME, MUSHROOM CLOUDS AND ATTACKS ON AMERICAN CITIZENS! NO MORE TIME FOR INSPECTORS, YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE IRAQ, WE'RE COMING IN!

And we all know how THAT one ended...

And they continue to say no straight to the face of the INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY. Not just US!

Actually, there have been quite a few offers of further talks and inspections made by Iran, including facilities they previously didn't offer up.

And again, as others have already asked - why should they cave in to the demands from us and our allies, the latter of which are being driven primarily by US and Israeli politicians (and not quite exactly the whole "international community"), in contravention of the aforementioned parties' intelligence communities?

Where are the sanctions or threats against the US? Compare the history of foreign relations and involvement by the US as compared to Iran over...say, the last 3 decades - then tell me who's the actual threat, and which of the two nations is acting more reasonably and in an understandable sense of self-defense in this instance.

It's sheer lunacy, and we saw it all before with Iraq. And it's apparently true that those who can't remember the past are doomed to repeat it, to such tragic effect.

EDIT:
I suppose it is also fair to ask exactly what you think will happen if we get a little too...overzealous...in trying to prevent Iran from getting the bomb (their desire for such disputed strongly anyway, even by a host of experts and oversight agencies)? China and Russia are very interested in our dealings with Iran, and I believe there are strategic and likely defense alliances involved.
edit on 2/21/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

link   

Obvious troll thread is obvious but still...

Because you have no right to stop them having one. Team America World Police wasn't a documentary.

Simple enough?

edit on 21-2-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

link   
its pretty much simple politics that tel aviv tells washington what to do and it rolls over and does it, so if israel doesn't like the fact that irans getting a bit to close to being equal it just will ask its physically bigger cousin to stamp on the little guy before it has chance to get anywhere near

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't think Iran would ever use the bomb if they had it, it would be just the matter of having it that makes them a more powerful nation in the middle east.

I really don't think its a foregone conclusion to attack Iran yet..and I hope it stays that way

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join