It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity Has Turned Into Narcissism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

Originally posted by OldHag
Is it so difficult to ignore them?

As I wrote my next 2 posts after this one, I realize the true answer to this question. I see that the world Is filled with the flock of Jesus, but the world itself is trying to turn them away. Certainly I am going to show them back.

Why are people taking me so literally on this? I get depressed if I see my exgirlfriend come up and smile in my face while holding her new boyfriend's hand. But also how is it not upsetting when people keep telling you that you are going to die because they are zealous about insanity? I am able to call BS, so be happy with it.

What is a FAD?

Just because I use emphasis on a word doesn't mean it's an abbreviation, get a dictionary and increase your vocab.
In the eighties I was a member of the American Easyriders and wrote them a letter with the question or they want take a moment to answer all the shortenings they've used in the magazine. They would, and take four pages to make us clear what it means. After that was happened I get many answers to that from all over the world from people out of America with many thanks, because they don't understand it even. I have two very good dictionaries, but F.A.D. and B.S. is not in it. Do you speak Dutch like I do, perhaps you can make me understand what it is? Zou wel prettig zijn, maar je vocabulaire zal dan wellicht stukken minder zijn als je mij ervan beschuldigd, want ik verwacht dat jij geen woord Nederlands spreekt!

Nope, I won't because the Bible says you are already dead. Because when He died on the cross, whole humanity died, only for them who believe that He is ressurect from between the other dead, get new live with Him!

Dead person, laughing at me and pointing at me with the finger of death, I am life. I am everything inside of life. I am the truth, and I your life, and am learning how to deal with your deep ignorance of everything in you and around you. I am the light, you are the darkness. I am connected, you are apart. I am nothing, you are everything. I am everthing, you are nothing. (both true statements)
edit on 23-2-2012 by greyer because: Flock of Jesus
Slaap lekker jochie!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
I love Jesus, I believe in Jesus, I want to be like Jesus.

Christians you depress me these days because you have an obsession with proclaiming that these are the last days. This is a FAD. I don't know if because the bible describes the times and just because some things are happening there are many stupid threatening assumptions. Even if you knew the end of the world was going to happen in your lifetime then why would you keep telling other people who are not going to believe you and don't want to think about death? Are you trying to depress them telling them they are going to die? I think you are telling them they are going to die because you want them to think of death, so you are acting just like the devil. You may want them to think of Jesus, but you are talking to them about Satan.God is life, God is love, and you should not be a Christians. You are individuals that have delusions of grandeur, narcissistic Christians who don't say anything about Jesus's message and are trying to 'wake' people up but you are doing it in a psychotic way.

Jesus talked a lot about Hell. If you love someone, you warn them. I'm not even a Christian but I know how off the mark you are. IF they believe it's the end times, they are supposed to try to save as many as they can.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
Jesus talked a lot about Hell. If you love someone, you warn them. I'm not even a Christian but I know how off the mark you are. IF they believe it's the end times, they are supposed to try to save as many as they can.

Don't believe in Jesus if you want, but see that there is a difference between being outlandish and being rational. It is the people that make this seem like a thin line that can be blurred who may have taught you.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes, this life matter, very very much, we only get one chance.

We only get 'ourselves', our 'souls', but the 'chance' lasts however long it lasts, through however many incarnations it takes to learn the lessons, to emulate and be ready to reunite with the Divine Source.
I have to agree with greyer here.....

If reincarnation is real,.. I seriously want to be annihilated. I've made mistakes in this lifetime, I don't want any other one I can never be perfect at, then I'll have my sins from this life, AND the next one to atone for, myself. Then the sins I commit in my next life, my spirit and soul are just adding more and more sins, we're not helping ourselves. Just adding more, and more, and more.... wow.

Oh yeah, and that would also imply when Jesus said He came for that hour to die for the sins of man that He was full of it, and didn't need to die for any of us, correct?

You seem to be saying that a person can do awful, wrong, sinful things all of his/her life, and at the last breath, simply say "Jesus! I'm sorry! Help me!", and then it'll be all good. You'll be fine.

Jesus died for not only yours and my sins, but for all the sins of man, for anyone who believed in Him. There wasn't one Jesus who died for murders and onother Jesus who died for lies. The same Jesus died for that person as who die for you and me. It's ALL about Him, He redeemed us.

Sorry, that just doesn't work for me. Too easy, and leaves out too many possibilities.

No, He's not sharing the glory with anyone else, that' s why. It's all about Him, He created the universe after all. He died for your sins anyways, even if He doesn't work for you.

edit on 25-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

What is a FAD?

It's a "current fashion"....
and the word implies a fleeting, or short-lived, fascination with a thing or idea.
Something that will pass.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Of reincarnation is real I want to be annihilated. I've made mistakes in this lifetime, I don't want any other one I can never be perfect at, then I'll have my sins from this life, AND the next one to atone for, myself. Then the sins I commit in my next life, my spirit and soul are just adding more and more sins, we're not helping ourselves. Just adding more, and more, and more....

I don't think it works like that... i believe your sins are resolved, save the worst of them... and you are given a body that you deserve, depending on Gods judgement...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

If reincarnation is real,.. I seriously want to be annihilated. I've made mistakes in this lifetime, I don't want any other one I can never be perfect at, then I'll have my sins from this life, AND the next one to atone for, myself. Then the sins I commit in my next life, my spirit and soul are just adding more and more sins, we're not helping ourselves. Just adding more, and more, and more.... wow

Nonono, dude. You don't just keep "adding to" the "sin-list". Every lifetime is decided upon between said lifetimes, with the help of spirit guides and angels. You don't remember the last "lifetime" (after a few years, anyway; lots of little kids do have memories of their past lives); but its lessons "stick the landing", and you keep on coming back, washed clean of the last "semester's" doings....

No need to be afraid of it. Your transgressions are recorded, yes, but your soul is aware of them, and gets all the chances needed to do better. If you mess it up this time, you come back and do-over; you'll eventually get it right. What is so spurious about that concept? Why do you all insist on this hellfire, this eternal damnation?

Is it that you want it for others who have hurt you or dissed you in some way? Is it an incapacity to accept that you're not perfect? Talk about "wow."

The picture you paint, NuT, is so dismal! Why?

Some of you guys are just so negative, such pessimistic doom-mongers. Relax! It will be okay. Really, it will. Just do your best. Don't do things that hurt others on purpose; realize when you've inadvertently done something that hurt others, feel ashamed of it, and then move on. That is all that is required.

The grace of God has already forgiven everything. You don't have to work so hard at it! Just be happy, be the light.....
there's not one of us who is perfect, but we are loved anyway, unconditionally. THAT is the grace of God. That is grace, period.
Being loving and kind, like we do for our own children, even when they screw up.
*sigh*

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Of reincarnation is real I want to be annihilated. I've made mistakes in this lifetime, I don't want any other one I can never be perfect at, then I'll have my sins from this life, AND the next one to atone for, myself. Then the sins I commit in my next life, my spirit and soul are just adding more and more sins, we're not helping ourselves. Just adding more, and more, and more....

I don't think it works like that... i believe your sins are resolved, save the worst of them... and you are given a body that you deserve, depending on Gods judgement...

If God did that without justice He would no longer by definition by just, we call that corrupt. And the point was that no matter how many chances you get you cannot live a perfect life, your name isn't Jesus.

edit on 26-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

If God did that without justice He would no longer by definition by just, we call that corrupt.

Why would there be no justice?

He wouldn't have said this if it wasn't possible to be perfect...

48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

edit on 26-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why would there be no justice?

Socrates understood the dilemma God is in being a Holy, Righteous, God and forgiving sins without penalty:

"It may be that the deity can forgive sins, but I do not see how." ~ Socrates

A Holy and Righteous, Just God cannot forgive sin without penalty, He would immediately compromise His own Righteousness and Justice.

He wouldn't have said this if it wasn't possible to be perfect...

48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

You missed something, Jesus didn't say that because it was possible to be perfect. And Christ is 100% correct, they had better have a resume that says "perfect". That's why Christ qualifies to be our sinless substitute, He was the only perfect Man. The only One who "inherited" the kingdom of heaven for living a perfect, righteous, upright life before God.

Christ was extolling the crowd, not laying out the doctrine of salvation. He tells us at the last supper why He came to "this hour", it's to shed His blood "for the many for the remission of sins". He says in John 6 that the Father's will is for all who see Him and believe of Him for them to be saved.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Every lifetime is decided upon between said lifetimes, with the help of spirit guides and angels.

Makes sense now, and I mean no disrespect whatsoever. That philosophy glorifies man, 'spirit guides' and angels. 'spirit guides' in the Bible are called "familiar spirits". They deceive, they are "familiar" to the person alive because they've been around for millennia, watching the person they are pretending now to be to deceive that alive person. And anything that glorifies an angel is glorifying a fallen one. No angel accepts worship. The Bible glorifies Christ the Lord, from Genesis to Revelation.

Jesus is the judge, all judgment was given to the Son. Our lifetime is decided upon by Him. If we deny Him, He will deny us before His Father. Jesus said those who trust in Him already have eternal life. Because we are in Him, sealed with His Holy Spirit, and passed likewise from death unto life. Such a huge explosion of interest in this stuff only adds to the indications we are in the "last days" immediately prior to Ezekiel 39=8 & 39.

edit: the Holy Spirit just quickened this verse to me, which is very interesting:

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith , giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;"

Have you ever heard stories from countries that believe in reincarnation? They refuse to help other people out, they don't want to mess with their own "karma", and they believe the other person is getting what they deserve from the gods and to interfere would only prolong their getting to their final destination. It's sad. This life matters! We don't get another one, we are judged and then we enter into God's presence, or we are removed from it.

Why do you all insist on this hellfire, this eternal damnation?

Because Jesus my Messiah and God taught more about that than heaven, not because he was a "mean" person, "preachin hellfire and damnation". It was because He loved people and didn't want any of us go there, He taught truth. The truth is hell is scary, and scares people. It's not because we are bad teachers, we're telling the truth, it's because eternal separation from God is torture, it's horrifying in it's own right. So Jesus taught more about hell than heaven, I trust Jesus, not only with my eternal life or lack thereof, but also I trust everything He said. I trust Christ.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by OldHag

What is a FAD?

It's a "current fashion"....
and the word implies a fleeting, or short-lived, fascination with a thing or idea.
Something that will pass.

Thanks WildTimes

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Socrates understood the dilemma God is in being a Holy, Righteous, God and forgiving sins without penalty:

A Holy and Righteous, Just God cannot forgive sin without penalty, He would immediately compromise His own Righteousness and Justice.

I fully disagree...

And i didn't say there was no punishment either... You're given the body you deserve... and im sure certian experiences within your life are a direct result of previous lives karmic debt as well....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

That philosophy glorifies man, 'spirit guides' and angels. 'spirit guides' in the Bible are called "familiar spirits". They deceive, they are "familiar" to the person alive because they've been around for millennia,. And anything that glorifies an angel is glorifying a fallen one. No angel accepts worship.

What?
I am completely lost now in terms of your beliefs and 'faith'.

watching the person they are pretending now to be to deceive that alive person

Who argues that angels are malevolent?
I'm not glorifying anyone....not Christ, nor the 'angels' or 'spirit guides'
"no angel accepts worship"
Who said they wanted to be worshiped? I said they are there alongside you waiting for your instructions....

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That philosophy glorifies man, 'spirit guides' and angels. 'spirit guides' in the Bible are called "familiar spirits". They deceive, they are "familiar" to the person alive because they've been around for millennia,. And anything that glorifies an angel is glorifying a fallen one. No angel accepts worship.

What?
I am completely lost now in terms of your beliefs and 'faith'.

Really? I am pretty consistent: "Trust Jesus, He is the Living Savior and Lord."

watching the person they are pretending now to be to deceive that alive person

Who argues that angels are malevolent?
I'm not glorifying anyone....not Christ, nor the 'angels' or 'spirit guides'

I said that philosophy does. That glorifies spirits and angels. It's called "Spiritism".

"no angel accepts worship"

Who said they wanted to be worshiped? I said they are there alongside you waiting for your instructions....

You can have the spirit "guides" and angels, I'll keep Jesus.

edit on 27-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I fully disagree...

And i didn't say there was no punishment either... You're given the body you deserve... and im sure certian experiences within your life are a direct result of previous lives karmic debt as well....

You can have reincarnation. I would hate that if it were true and would rather be annihilated. Secondly, the idea of reincarnation would give the impression Christ's death was for nothing, which isn't the case. It was the single greatest event in the history of man. And it was complete, there isn't anything else for us to do besides believe.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Jesus said those who trust in Him already have eternal life. Because we are in Him, sealed with His Holy Spirit, and passed likewise from death unto life.

Quite right. He did say that; we are in Him, he is in us. We have the indwelling Holy Spirit, automatically. When our bodies die, our souls continue. The end becomes the beginning.

As for angels and spirit guides, they are two different things, and ethereal beings that do not incarnate and are forever in the other realm.

We take on a physical machine and come here to learn, without a handbook; they watch. They keep the knowledge of our mission safe, and keep us on track. They are workers, not gods. Jesus came as one of those ethereal beings to walk among men and let them know about this ethereal business, to give us the handbook, so to speak, that we so obviously needed. The people of the time had lost sight of it and were reveling in material things, which are a distraction from Divine Truth.

That's why what he said is the most important, and overrides what anyone else living as a mortal who has not yet achieved perfection says. He is saying "Be ye perfect"...as in, get through school here on Earth. Then you are ready to join him and rest in the Divine bliss, and only then. You and everyone else have the tool we need (Holy Spirit). You will master it eventually, through making mistakes and learning the hard way. There's no other way.

It is what it s.

edit on 27-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You can have the spirit "guides" and angels, I'll keep Jesus.

Oh, okay. Gee thanks.
And Akragon can have reincarnation.
Got it.

Angels are there waiting for your instructions. They won't do anything unless you ask them to, and they want you to ask them.
"Spiritism"?
How do you come up with all of these labels, you guys?

I've read other labels for my theory as well. All new terms to me. The faith that I have and my beliefs can't be lumped. They are mine, syncretic and thoughtfully held. No church teaches them to me. I suppose some churches might have the same angle, but I'm not aware of one that does so completely.

That's why I struggle with those who think theirs is the absolute, the only, the true way and condemn everyone else who thinks something else is the only, absolute, true way.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I fully disagree...

You can have reincarnation. I would hate that if it were true and would rather be annihilated. Secondly, the idea of reincarnation would give the impression Christ's death was for nothing, which isn't the case. It was the single greatest event in the history of man. And it was complete, there isn't anything else for us to do besides believe.

I believe when you stand before God... and your options were either Annihilation or try again... You would choose "try again"... no need to tell fibs my friend... its unbecoming

And in fact it would bring even more meaning to Christs LIFE... not his death. He came to show us life exists after death, and he came back to prove it... Why you christians focus so much on his death is beyond me...

His DEATH was tragic, but his life was the single most important event in human history NOT his death....

Everyone dies, Not everyone returns to tell people "its ok, i still exist"

edit on 27-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join